IELTS 22 October

Sol2Oz

That's why i was shocked in getting 9 for speaing.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that the examiners look at your passport to see where you were born. If they see an English-speaking country, it's an automatic 9.

Congrats getting an 8 on the general - noticed any pattern? I noticed - so far- in reviewing my mistakes that one has to pay attention to even the smallest of details - something very hard to do when one is under timed pressure.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prashyt

Hey Sol,

Just concentrate well on your reading; The approach I followed was

1. Read the Heading and Title of each paragraph.

2. Read the Questions quickly

3. Start reading the paragraph and answer the questions accordingly. Most answers flow with the questions and so i didn't waste time first reading the whole paragraph and then answering.

4. If you can't find an answer for 1-2 min; move on and go for the next.

And yes remember the TRUE, FALSE and NOT GIVEN RULE.

True - If the statement means exactly what is given in the passage.

False - If the statement means the opposite to what is given in the passage.

Not Given - No reference to the statement in the passage.

To my surprise i scored 9 in reading at my last attempt.. Couldn't believe I could have cracked it so perfectly.

Cheers.

Guest prashyt

I've paid for Scott's English course; If anyone wants its content lemme know. Although i maybe at a risk of loosing my subscription if they find out. But I am ready to help :)

Cheers guys !

Hi I've got some bad news for you, if you got 5 wrong then your score will only be the dreaded 5? check link below for checking your scoring. You can only get 3 wrong to get an 8?

http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html

Done a test today and got 7.5!!!

Don't go by any of those websites, go by this - the real deal:

http://www.ielts.org/researchers/score_processing_and_reporting.aspx

Is anyone here taking the IELTS on 22 October? This is my third attempt at this exam - last time scored 9/7/9/9 - yep, a big fat 7 on the reading. Perhaps someone can train me on how to decipher the exact wording IELTS require when writing down the answers?

Seems like I need training in hieroglyphics. :mad:

IELTS Reading... you've got 40 minutes:

hieroglyphs.jpg

:goofy: :goofy:

I am resitting mine for the 3rd time too! I got 9, 9, 7.5 and 9 the 2nd time and 6.5,7.5, 8 and 9 the 1st time so across the 2 tests i have hit 8s but not good enough!:arghh:Totally unfair i think. Where are you sitting? I am sitting it in Leeds.

Heather

Guest SeahorseGC
Is anyone here taking the IELTS on 22 October? This is my third attempt at this exam - last time scored 9/7/9/9 - yep, a big fat 7 on the reading. Perhaps someone can train me on how to decipher the exact wording IELTS require when writing down the answers?

Seems like I need training in hieroglyphics. :mad:

IELTS Reading... you've got 40 minutes:

hieroglyphs.jpg

:goofy: :goofy:

I HAVE BEEN TEACHING IELTS FOR THE LAST 14 YEARS - SO I CAN HELP U, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL TO nealcahillaus@gmail.com

It was my first attempt at Ielts on Oct 22.

got Listening: 7.5, Reading: 6.5, Writing: 8.5, Speaking: 8.5

i wish i have gotten 7.0 in reading so won't have to sit in the exam again. Bummer.

well, anyways - i've been practicing day in and day out, and have managed to score 8's on all the readings from the first book I posted. Last one - the general test - I took just now, and only got 3 wrong. Hopefully, I'll manage 8's on Saturday and put this test behind me for good!

Now on to the next book - wouldn't want to lose momentum!

Guest michelle bolwell

hi, I have been reading all your posts about the IELTS and now I am nervous !!!!! We are at the early stage of trying to emigrate to Oz and I need to do the IELTS and score superior (8) ahhhhhhh. Where do I start ? any advice for a novice is much appreciated pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee !

Hi read through theb posts and you will find some great links for downloads. The test isn't all that bad I just can't get my head around the reading. I got 8.5 and 9 in all the other sections and I am useless at English. Once you do the samples you will have a better idea on what section you need more work on. The crucial thing is do loads of practice tests.

Lucky you, I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

oh derham... you just have to eat, sleep, live IELTS. Review your mistakes carefully. Start by not worrying about the time - take all the time you need to read and answer. Then by this Thursday, start worrying about timing.

I know it sucks, but come Saturday, it'll all be over! (hopefully). :smile:

Archived