New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Lori2011

Hi, I dare to say it is a bit too soon....i am a march app and havent done it yet, i would wait until diac's date announce april 2011 or until we see some movement on may apps..... But do as your heart tells you with a bit of advice from your head

Guys,

Bit of advice needed....due to the recent speed that DIAC seem to be processing us Cat 4'ers Im very tempted to get my medicals done, whats everyones opinion considering Im a June 2011 applicant?

I called the Spire Hospital in Sutton Coldfield yesterday and they can see us next Saturday (29th October), lady on the phone said it will take 7-10 days for the results to be uploaded so looking at mid November before they reach DIAC's systems.

Main reason I want to get them done is with the Christmas period fast approaching everything is bound to slow down here in the UK, with holidays and potentially the dodgy weather we are told we may be getting.

If anyones interested the Sutton Coldfield hospital has appointments for next week, they dont seem to be overly busy whereas the Handsworth one dont have any appointments for 2 weeks. Reagrding the costs, Sutton Coldfield are a little more expensive coming in at £760.50 for 2 adults and 2 children whereas Handsworth are £710.

Guest Lori2011

LOL, turns out i've been working with fitters my whole life and didn't know they were fitters, in my country we call fitters mechanic technicians

I really only got to know what my husbands duties were when we were applying for a visa, all those other years I never really new :eek:

Quess what.......... todays date on my online application says.....application being procssed further:chatterbox::twitcy: and all turned to MET..work experience and everything:biggrin:

Oh my i am absolutely stunned, only outstanding is PCC and Meds needed ti says. Really need to sit down cos my heart is racing.

Congrats on your good news!!!

Does anyone know that if your medical gets referred do they automatically refer your HIV test too? Just cos my OH is diabetic so his medical has been referred, which we knew it would, but it says that his HIV bloods have been referred too, now I am worrying!!!

Guest Lori2011
Does anyone know that if your medical gets referred do they automatically refer your HIV test too? Just cos my OH is diabetic so his medical has been referred, which we knew it would, but it says that his HIV bloods have been referred too, now I am worrying!!!

Maybe they refer all the tests, don't worry

Hi,

We sent ours by special delivery so we know they have been delivered but as of yet no confirmation email. I suppose I should be patient but I am after all an Aries!

That would be such a pain to have to send again, getting your pic signed again and finding more proof of add etc

xx

Hi waitingtogotooz,

I was really worried all our docs have got lost in the post, but if you call them and give them your name and DOB, they can check then and tell you the date they are going to send them back to you! Very helpful! turns out they have mine... but receive 500+ a day so there is a bit of a backlog in registering you unless you go for the premium servivce! Hope that helps... :biggrin:

All my medicals docs including HIV were showing refered, and then were finalised 2 days later. If there is no significant findings on medicals I think they are passed (my OH were finalised on 14/10, my daughtesr on 17/10 mine were not finilised till 19/10) but if ther is anything else they are refered to Doctor to assess. I know mine were refered due to problems I had with my Hearing and balance last year.

Yes, mine did the same this week. 18/10/11 everything on mine inc the HIV test showed as referred. I was also a little worried too but it must be standard. Mine finalised today, so within 2 days. The bottom few lines still say referred now, but its the top line that has now changed for me from 'outstanding' to 'finalised' (something like 'health requirements finalised).

Hope that yours gets finalised as quick.

Mandy x

My visa has a condition that me and the kid (secondary applicants) can't entry to australia before my wife (main applicant). The visa is 176 relative sponsor. Do you think that this condition relies to the fact that the sponsor is my wife's uncle? Because i've seen other people saying that they have been told by the dept that the secondary can entry first.

Guys,

Bit of advice needed....due to the recent speed that DIAC seem to be processing us Cat 4'ers Im very tempted to get my medicals done, whats everyones opinion considering Im a June 2011 applicant?

I called the Spire Hospital in Sutton Coldfield yesterday and they can see us next Saturday (29th October), lady on the phone said it will take 7-10 days for the results to be uploaded so looking at mid November before they reach DIAC's systems.

Main reason I want to get them done is with the Christmas period fast approaching everything is bound to slow down here in the UK, with holidays and potentially the dodgy weather we are told we may be getting.

If anyones interested the Sutton Coldfield hospital has appointments for next week, they dont seem to be overly busy whereas the Handsworth one dont have any appointments for 2 weeks. Reagrding the costs, Sutton Coldfield are a little more expensive coming in at £760.50 for 2 adults and 2 children whereas Handsworth are £710.

Hi Bpremji,

We're very much in the same boat as you having applied on 15 June 2011. We decided to just go ahead and book medicals, and have them next Friday! Bit of a 'follow my gut' thing, but I'm taking an optomistic approach - assuming they don't suddenly remove my occupation over the next few months or anything else stops cat 4 processing, then as someone else said, I think we might be looking at COs in December and I'm quite happy to have to be in Oz by October next year. Plus Nov and Dec are going to be hectic enough for us, so we'd rather get meds and PCCs done now to get them out of the equation!

I know a few people will think I'm a bit mad, but suppose all you have to do is look at all the 18 March email applicants who have meds done about 6 months ago, and most of them seem to have been dealt with, bar for a few who will hopefully get processed soon!

Thought you might appreciate a point of view from the other side of the coin!

What does a fitter do, we'll the main role of a fitter is to moan a lot at the muppet that broke wherever needs fixing. 2nd is to try and bodge up what broke and pray to a god of choice that it lasts till the next shift arrive. 3rd is to find an excuse not to do the job and pass it on to someone else, 4th have several extended tea brakes and if you don't already take up smokin for more brakes. 5th moan some more moaning in an important part of the job and must be mastered. 6th ensure you have a good excuse and back up plan for your action in 1 - 5. 7th if you've not fixed it it must be electrical pass it on to an electrician who are grand master's of the above.

Fate has restored the balance of this sarcasm today :embarrassed:as I am supporting hammer rash on left hand. One rather large swollen bruise.:arghh: As a lady of course i remained dignified :yes:as I threw the hammer further than they do in the Olympics.:shocked:

I know 100% how you feel, its a gut thing for me too....

I've made a subconscious decision that as soon as a May applicant gets a CO, Im going to get meds done, Ive already done my PCC as I had a driving mis-demeanour about 10 years ago and wanted to make sure it didn't appear on the certificate, luckily it didnt, thats dated late September and Ive been told they use the earlier date from your meds and PCC for your initial entry date..so mine (if i get the visa) will be that date anyway....

Definitely appreciate a point of view from the other side of the coin, also doing the meds early gives you more time if they get referred, so there's definitely advantages...

Also, why not join the gang and put your details on the thread?

Hi Bpremji,

We're very much in the same boat as you having applied on 15 June 2011. We decided to just go ahead and book medicals, and have them next Friday! Bit of a 'follow my gut' thing, but I'm taking an optomistic approach - assuming they don't suddenly remove my occupation over the next few months or anything else stops cat 4 processing, then as someone else said, I think we might be looking at COs in December and I'm quite happy to have to be in Oz by October next year. Plus Nov and Dec are going to be hectic enough for us, so we'd rather get meds and PCCs done now to get them out of the equation!

I know a few people will think I'm a bit mad, but suppose all you have to do is look at all the 18 March email applicants who have meds done about 6 months ago, and most of them seem to have been dealt with, bar for a few who will hopefully get processed soon!

Thought you might appreciate a point of view from the other side of the coin!

I know 100% how you feel, its a gut thing for me too....

I've made a subconscious decision that as soon as a May applicant gets a CO, Im going to get meds done, Ive already done my PCC as I had a driving mis-demeanour about 10 years ago and wanted to make sure it didn't appear on the certificate, luckily it didnt, thats dated late September and Ive been told they use the earlier date from your meds and PCC for your initial entry date..so mine (if i get the visa) will be that date anyway....

Definitely appreciate a point of view from the other side of the coin, also doing the meds early gives you more time if they get referred, so there's definitely advantages...

Also, why not join the gang and put your details on the thread?

My details should already be on the thread.....Tania added me ages ago when she first started this follow on thread - have my details disappeared? I must check now!lol

I only say that as I cant see your details on the spreadsheet...

My bad, just seen you on there....DOH

My details should already be on the thread.....Tania added me ages ago when she first started this follow on thread - have my details disappeared? I must check now!lol

Guest Pumpkin30

Me and my husband have the same feeling too and as he is already in Oz and the rest of the family are not we really want to do everything we can now to help get a CO/visa quicker so will be booking meds and doing police checks next week. We know the meds will be referred aswell so that will allow the time for that. Perhaps taking a risk but with the way things have been moving it is not going to take a year to get a grant, we applied 07/06/2011.

I only say that as I cant see your details on the spreadsheet...

My bad, just seen you on there....DOH

Haha that's ok, it's getting late and getting close to the end of the week!

Whereabouts are you thinking of heading in Oz, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just yourself heading out, or you got OH/family too? Sometimes the whole visa process seems to be taking forever, but other times it seems to be flying past - its been 7.5 months since i submitted my skills assessment! We also just put the house up on the market last friday, had one viewer on tuesday who loved the place, but need some time to think about it, as they have nothing to sell and are ready to move. Hopefully get a few more viewings over the next few weeks, but it would be amazing to sell to the first viewer (reallllly going for the optomistic outlook now! Haha)

Yes it is getting late, only staying up so I can watch Mock The Week....LOL

We are thinking of Perth, I was out there in Jan for a 3 week holiday and loved the place that much started the visa process off in March (see timeline)....

Its me, wife and 2 young boys (5 yo and 20 month old)...

The time seemed to fly by at the beginning put has slowed down, but cant complain as I was told it would take around 18 months to get the visa, at this rate could have the visa within 12 months.

What about yourself?

Haha that's ok, it's getting late and getting close to the end of the week!

Whereabouts are you thinking of heading in Oz, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just yourself heading out, or you got OH/family too? Sometimes the whole visa process seems to be taking forever, but other times it seems to be flying past - its been 7.5 months since i submitted my skills assessment! We also just put the house up on the market last friday, had one viewer on tuesday who loved the place, but need some time to think about it, as they have nothing to sell and are ready to move. Hopefully get a few more viewings over the next few weeks, but it would be amazing to sell to the first viewer (reallllly going for the optomistic outlook now! Haha)

Guest waitingtogotooz

Ah I really  this thread. It really is so nice to be able to speak to ppl who are in the same positions as each other and get and give advice. Everything I get an email to say some1 has written smth on here I can't wait to get on here & read it.

Really do wish us all the best of luck :)

haha well we're sitting watching an old 'Wanted Down Under' (sky plused the last two series and slowly working our way through them) - gawd, Australia is taking over my life arghh lol

It's just me and the OH heading out, with the two cats lol. We're thinking of heading to Melbourne - never been to Oz, so a bit of a punt really! But we're really ready for a big change and I've always had a bit of a thing for Australia!

Ah I really  this thread. It really is so nice to be able to speak to ppl who are in the same positions as each other and get and give advice. Everything I get an email to say some1 has written smth on here I can't wait to get on here & read it.

Really do wish us all the best of luck :)

You should get the mobile phone app for pomsinoz and be sad like me and check all the messages on the way to work in the morning!lol

Guest Lori2011
Fate has restored the balance of this sarcasm today :embarrassed:as I am supporting hammer rash on left hand. One rather large swollen bruise.:arghh: As a lady of course i remained dignified :yes:as I threw the hammer further than they do in the Olympics.:shocked:

Your posts always make me LMAO!!! We should definetely meet sometime once in OZ