New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

hi Tania

just a stupid question i want to ask, what work the "fitter" do, who can apply for this position?

is it for those who work in assembly line production unit? or something else.

i now its a silly question, but would appreciate if you could help me answering it.

regards

SJS

I've also been wondering what a fitter does.

My husban is a Fitter and his duties ar to maintain machines, stripping them , fitting tools, fixing them when they brake down......... ansd yes it is line productin they make circlips.

Oh yes and so i can be turned PINK now :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: Eng32

Date of Visa application:april 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Electronics Engineer 233411

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: Group: 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:20/10/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Medicals

For those who are thinking of front loading medicals, please be aware that changes can happen at any time and you can find yourself at a bottom of a queue, your medicals could run out, I am not saying that this will happen but it has in the past, it is really something you need to think about and can you afford to re do them if something wrong.

Good luck

[quote name=DCAL

I heard on another forum that Reflex has a CO. Can anyone else confirm this?

I think someone was assuming that we should have a CO by now, but so far heard nothing. According to the PLE reply we got last week we'd been batched but not allocated a CO even though we applied 23rd Dec.

Not sure how long to wait before pushing the agent again.

Guest JohnAnton
My husban is a Fitter and his duties ar to maintain machines, stripping them , fitting tools, fixing them when they brake down......... ansd yes it is line productin they make circlips.

:biggrin: I did imagine it as someone working with machines

Thanks for the advice guys.....think the general feeling is wait, which I'll gladly follow

I think it is difficult for anyone to give advice on this, as no one would like to feel responsible if anything went wrong :embarrassed: I think this is one of those things you have to decide for yourself and if you are happy to wait I think that is a good choice

Well Im in no rush, so wait is probably the best thing....

Think Im getting caught up in the excitement of it all :biggrin:

I think it is difficult for anyone to give advice on this, as no one would like to feel responsible if anything went wrong :embarrassed: I think this is one of those things you have to decide for yourself and if you are happy to wait I think that is a good choice

Tania

Seeing quite a few April 11 applicants get CO. Should see some movement tommorrow or at least next fortnight.

Rahul

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: Samk6

Date of Visa application: February 2011

Nationality: SL

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 475 Family Sponsor

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Catergory 3 now 4

Medicals submitted: April 2011 after receiving 18 march email

Police check submitted: same as above

Medical Finalized: May 2011

Date CO assigned:26/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:19/10/11[/color]

Thanks a lot tania.................... Good luck You All............ :hug:

What does a fitter do, we'll the main role of a fitter is to moan a lot at the muppet that broke wherever needs fixing. 2nd is to try and bodge up what broke and pray to a god of choice that it lasts till the next shift arrive. 3rd is to find an excuse not to do the job and pass it on to someone else, 4th have several extended tea brakes and if you don't already take up smokin for more brakes. 5th moan some more moaning in an important part of the job and must be mastered. 6th ensure you have a good excuse and back up plan for your action in 1 - 5. 7th if you've not fixed it it must be electrical pass it on to an electrician who are grand master's of the above.

I collected grant letter from the agent and made appointment in the embassy to get stamp the visa label in the passport...................

Hope to fly mid of November............. But my girl friend is crying...........

These is Visa condition "8515 -The holder of the visa must not marry before entering Australia"

I have to comeback soon to get the engagement.............. :jiggy:

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL..........................

I really only got to know what my husbands duties were when we were applying for a visa, all those other years I never really new :eek:

yes you are right!!!

it was a shocking revelation for me too, when i was applying that my wife does not know what i do....

before that she considered me as salesman standing at counter trying to sell to customers.

The best part is she is my wife since 2000 (more than 11 years)

What does a fitter do, we'll the main role of a fitter is to moan a lot at the muppet that broke wherever needs fixing. 2nd is to try and bodge up what broke and pray to a god of choice that it lasts till the next shift arrive. 3rd is to find an excuse not to do the job and pass it on to someone else, 4th have several extended tea brakes and if you don't already take up smokin for more brakes. 5th moan some more moaning in an important part of the job and must be mastered. 6th ensure you have a good excuse and back up plan for your action in 1 - 5. 7th if you've not fixed it it must be electrical pass it on to an electrician who are grand master's of the above.

OMG You so sound like my husband and this is how he explains his job but he doesn't call them Muppet's he uses other words i can not repeat:shocked:

yes you are right!!!

it was a shocking revelation for me too, when i was applying that my wife does not know what i do....

before that she considered me as salesman standing at counter trying to sell to customers.

The best part is she is my wife since 2000 (more than 11 years)

:biglaugh: I have been married 14 years and been with my husband 20 years and this is his only job he has ever had, well I can say I so appreciate my husband a lot more now

Guest waitingtogotooz
Hmmm... I sent mine on Friday 14th, and just emailed them to say to ask if they received it... they said they haven't, which is strange as I sent it first class! I think I'm going to have to send again! MAybe you should email them to check they have yours too?

Hi,

We sent ours by special delivery so we know they have been delivered but as of yet no confirmation email. I suppose I should be patient but I am after all an Aries!

That would be such a pain to have to send again, getting your pic signed again and finding more proof of add etc

xx