New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

After a long consideration we decided to go with whatever gets processed first. So we have put in a WA SS application yesterday and are now waiting for it to be approved so we can apply for a 176 in parallel to the 175.

At the end it is not worth saving 3k at the risk of DIAC procrastinating for two or more years. I am still wondering what will happen once DIAC hits the 18 months on all those 175s. Oh wait, they will just extend it to 36 months. :goofy:

Update for this week

for those that got CO and Visa granted congratulations to

Name: Scully81

Date of Visa application: 31 January 2011

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Motor mechanic

Visa type: 175 skilled

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Catergory 3 now 4

Medicals submitted: April 2011 after receiving 18 march email

Police check submitted: same as above

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:26/09/11

Name: Samk6

Date of Visa application: February 2011

Nationality: SL

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 475 Family Sponsor

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/a

Post-14th July Category: Catergory 3 now 4

Medicals submitted: April 2011 after receiving 18 march email

Police check submitted: same as above

Medical Finalized: May 2011

Date CO assigned:26/09/11

Date visa granted:

Not the best of weeks but hopefully once they get through the SMP they will get back to

cat 4 Good luck for next week :hug::hug::hug:

So I went for my medicals on Friday we had Mr Smith who was a very lovely man, we saved £200. on the Hep b/Hep c as 3 of us have tattoos he did not think we need to test for them, this was really good as when I did my med in Feb we had to pay for this also saved with the X-ray as my youngest was 10 when we lodged but we did have to pay adult price for his medical as the doc explained that he does a full check like he would do on us, I did not complain as we had already saved £300.

So everything went well apart from my youngest urine had blood in it he said his blood pressure was good so doc thinks it could be something and nothing, doc has given me a letter to go back to my doc to get them to do another urine sample so they can send it off to get it tested, I don't have to go back to Manchester he his happy for my Doc to fax through the results, I have booked my son in for Monday so hopefully get those results back mid week.

Tania

Thats good news Tania, hope you get your youngest's results sorted quickly, then it shouldn't be too much longer for you! At least you dont have to go back to Manchester. Bet you're glad in a way that you can't check your application online, I'm sure it'll send me :wacko: after our meds are done! xx

Thats good news Tania, hope you get your youngest's results sorted quickly, then it shouldn't be too much longer for you! At least you dont have to go back to Manchester. Bet you're glad in a way that you can't check your application online, I'm sure it'll send me :wacko: after our meds are done! xx

Good Luck Tania.:hug:

Thanks, Think I am over worrying with the blood in the urine, I am glad in some way that I can not check online I think that would drive me mad :arghh:

Tania

Don't know what you mean it driving you mad :err::tongue: :wideeyed: :goofy: is checking 10 times a day not normal and hitting the refresh just incase they updated as you logged on, then hit refresh again instead of close screen cos everything happens once your back is turned. LOL tell me I'm normal

Don't know what you mean it driving you mad :err::tongue: :wideeyed: :goofy: is checking 10 times a day not normal and hitting the refresh just incase they updated as you logged on, then hit refresh again instead of close screen cos everything happens once your back is turned. LOL tell me I'm normal

This would drive crazy :wacko:

Name: SHandGH

Date of Visa application: 16 September 2011

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Systems Analyst (MODL)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Post-14th July Category:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome,

I have added you to the spreadsheet. You can find the link in the first post

Post-14th July Category:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Tania

Guest waitingtogotooz

Hi all,

update from my agent to share:

I wish to confirm that we are now in receipt of a case officer for another client who’s application was lodged in February 2011.

As previously discussed, doing your health and character checks too early will reduce the time in which you will have to make your initial entry to Australia to validate your visa. Please note that you are not required to undertake these checks now and can wait until you are requested to do so by the case officer assessing your application. Medicals and police checks are usually valid for 12 months.

Please also note that the processing could change meaning that your application may not be allocated to a case officer for some time. Therefore it is entirely your decision for undertaking your medicals or whether you wish to wait for your application to be allocated to a case officer.

Many thanks

my response:

were they in cat 4? A 175 visa? did they lodge before us?

their response:

It was a category 4 and was lodged precisely 9 days before your application however, we are still waiting for a case officer to be allocated to another client who was lodged under the same category but lodged before our client who has now been allocated a case officer.

Therefore it is very difficult to predict when applications will receive a case officer.

Hi all,

update from my agent to share:

I wish to confirm that we are now in receipt of a case officer for another client who’s application was lodged in February 2011.

As previously discussed, doing your health and character checks too early will reduce the time in which you will have to make your initial entry to Australia to validate your visa. Please note that you are not required to undertake these checks now and can wait until you are requested to do so by the case officer assessing your application. Medicals and police checks are usually valid for 12 months.

Please also note that the processing could change meaning that your application may not be allocated to a case officer for some time. Therefore it is entirely your decision for undertaking your medicals or whether you wish to wait for your application to be allocated to a case officer.

Many thanks

my response:

were they in cat 4? A 175 visa? did they lodge before us?

their response:

It was a category 4 and was lodged precisely 9 days before your application however, we are still waiting for a case officer to be allocated to another client who was lodged under the same category but lodged before our client who has now been allocated a case officer.

Therefore it is very difficult to predict when applications will receive a case officer.

What you will find is that most agents will not suggest that you under go your medicals without being allocated a CO , reasons being is that if you go ahead and then a change!! happens were you may find that you have been put in a lower priority then this would fall back onto your Agent as he/she would of advised you, he/she is also saying that they are allocating CO around that time but again it is down to you if you wish to under go your medicals, I myself would also not like to advise anyone to go do their medicals as this is something I once took a gamble on in February 2010 and then found myself in a lower priority:arghh: so they ran out and I had to do them again, good luck :biggrin:

Tania

I took my son to the Doctors today to do another test on his urine and it came back clear no blood found:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: so hopefully no delay with our medicals as our blood results are not back yet.

Tania

That is great news fingers crossed you have all passed and your visa is on way!!!.

Fab News Tania.

Only a week to your Meds Mandy.

It's getting exciting now.

I'm like a kid waiting for christmas.

I know, I'll be glad to get the meds out of the road. Our cheques for Police checks cleared today so should have those back soon.

Surely you'll be next to get your visa though! Every time I see you've posted I'm sure it'll be to say you've got it.

Mandy x

I hope it won't be long I'm on nights tonight so from midnight I'm gonna be checking all the time. I wish I could have booked a few weeks holiday, then it would have taken my mind off it. I'm getting grumpy and irritable I'm glad I don't have to live with me.