New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

tania got my visa granted this morning oh my god ure nxt!!!!! r u on face book would luv ta meet up in queensland and bitch bout the visa process i prob wont be on poms in oz any more woz so obsessed with it i need a break from it ha im sooooo happy i hope ure nxt i so know how u feel

Congrats laura condon!!!!!!

Please share your time line

samk6

tania got my visa granted this morning oh my god ure nxt!!!!! r u on face book would luv ta meet up in queensland and bitch bout the visa process i prob wont be on poms in oz any more woz so obsessed with it i need a break from it ha im sooooo happy i hope ure nxt i so know how u feel

Congratulation, Wow bet your on cloud 9 I'm so happy for you.:jiggy:Well done it makes the wait worth it now.:jiggy::notworthy:

What are your plans now?

I thought that visa grants might be delayed as the states have released their new plans but your news is good news for all of us. OMG I'm gonna be checking all night from now

Morning everyone, just wanted to share our news! We got our visa granted this morning! Still can't believe how quick it's been! :biglaugh:

Looking to move to Perth around the middle of September next year!!

Good luck to everyone in the future who reads this thread!!

Congratulations

You are the only other "engineering technologist" that I have seen on the forum, my OH is applying under that title/code too,

Hope our visa comes as quick as yours!!!

Hi Sam,

We live in Manchester for now. Have you submitted police checks yet?

hi Reco

yes. I sent both Police checks and Medi on April 2011. after that medicals is finalized on May 2011. My CO asked me to send the Police checks again. My Police check hasn't expired as yet So i have already sent them again. Now Waiting for good news................:wubclub:

Samk6

Morning everyone, just wanted to share our news! We got our visa granted this morning! Still can't believe how quick it's been! :biglaugh:

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Name: Reco5150

Date of Visa application: 14/02/11

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer (ANZCO : Eng Technologist)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:04/10/11

Name:Laura Condon

Date of Visa application: september 2008

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Fitter

Onshore/offshore: Off Shore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: Yes must redo

Police check submitted: Yes must redo on 15/09/11

Date CO assigned:13/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:04/10/11

Anyone doing this who has not visited Aus before?

I have never been but my cousin who lives in Aus tells me all sorts of stuff, this just makes me more determined to go.

arrrggghhh they have again offered me overtime for this weekend and I don't know what to do my head is saying yes do the overtime as it will buy yet another ticket to Aus but my body is saying please can I have just a little break I'm knackard. do I think of the bigger picture, oh hell, I think I'm starting to answer this with a yes!!!!!!!

money talks when your thinking of emigrating (we better get this visa or the tax man is gonna nail me next year)

At least it will be worth all the hard!! work you have been doing, don't forget to chill out at some point or you won't have the energy to move:wink:

I have sent you a private message.

Congrats Reco5150!!!!!!!

Are you from HR or LR country?

Thanks,:wubclub:

Saml6

Hi Samk6

Everyone's details are on the front page.

Tania

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news, congratulations, keep them coming DIAC!!!

Guest waitingtogotooz

Guys just to keep things updated, someone on a different forum applied 175 software engineer who applied 27th Feb got their grant today

ok, I'm happy with the grants, and happy with the good results on the medicals,

BUT I NEED CO'S

apologies for shouting, just too frustrated at the moment

maybe it's the visit to an aboriginal art museum this afternoon. I just want to go!

Guest laura condon

gonna prob keep popping on this site c how ye all getting on.dont have any plans yet still on cloud 9 thanks every one so nice when people ere know wot ure talking bout best of luck im woz waiting 3 yrs so good things happen to those who wait xxxxx thanks everyone for yer best wishes c ye in queens land

Guys just to keep things updated, someone on a different forum applied 175 software engineer who applied 27th Feb got their grant today

Just wondering..., what forum was that? I'm always looking for new places to obsess over the tiniest bit of migration information. :unsure:

Guest crystal2005

Hi all, I hope you all being well with your visa application and situation. I thought I may want to share my recent situation in getting penal clearance.

I had been assigned a CO last month, he asked me for more documents. One of them is Certificate of Clearance (COC) from Singapore Police. CO gave me all the necessary documents to appeal to Singapore Police. The reason we need these documents is because Singapore Police does not issue COC for non-Singaporerean anymore, so that there will be no way to apply COC without a valid paperwork (in this case a reference from CO and appeal letter).

As usual I was given 28 days to provide the document the CO wants in order to continue assessment and reaching final decision.

The quickest solution to get this COC is to fly to Singapore and get it done there within 2 weeks. However, it is impractical for me to fly there just to get a S$45 document. If I were doing that, it would cost a lot.

One of the criteria for COC is to have full fingerprint impression. I went to the nearest police station in Melbourne CBD, but I was referred to Victoria Police. I tried to call the number the local police gave me, I was so surprise that to get the fingerprint done I need to book in advance and the earliest possible appointment is at the end of November :goofy: I thought I wrongly heard about the time and asked for clarification.

I directly went to the Victoria Police in Flinders St and asked about the fingerprint. The lady there referred me to regional police station in ballarat or bendigo, since those are not really practical eventually she mentioned AFP, thinking that AFP may do so faster. I called them couple times with no answer, so I went to their office in Latrobe St. They also said the appointment is fully booked in the near future, and may take a while too.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's a job that can be done less than 10 minutes, I have to wait for months... unbelievable bureaucracy

Thinking that my time is limited to 28 days, I called up Singapore Police to ask another solution like a fingerprint impression from public notary. Since it is accepted, I made a trip to a public notary. With my own template of fingerprint form, I asked the public notary to certify and spend $100 :wacko: It's very costly just to get the document sealed with public notary logo.

Another hassle I encountered was the method of payment. Singapore Police only accept bank draft in Singapore dollar if the document is sent to them. So, I went to CBA and ask them to make one worth of 50 SGD, the bank ask for 30 AUD commission for this service :arghh: The lady in the counter said she is never done this kind of transaction service before, It took THREE different persons to get this done. BUT, the one that made me mad was I've got to come back to the bank the following day because there were no signature to authorise the bank draft. Unbelievable... The bank offer the service but they don't even know how to get it done :mad:

After everything was sent out to Singapore, I thought It's over, but my application was become a sitting duck for a week after they received just because they wanted one more document to be sent via email. I made an inquiry in regard to my COC application, but the response was they haven't checked their email :arghh:, unbelievable...

After the application is in progress, I again made an inquiry. They reply the COC will be ready by 7 Oct and will be sent out the following week, OMG.... :goofy:

Can't just they send out immediately after being issued... They even refused to send to my postal address, instead they will send directly to DIAC.

I hope everything is gonna be fine after this... I've informed my CO that I could not provide the document within 28 days after all necessary action has been taken.

Thanks for reading, I would not recommend those who want to get Singapore COC to send out their document. Whenever possible get it done in Singapore rather than being sent out.

I wish you all good luck :biggrin:

Guest sachinmathias

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I got a CO allocated today!!!!! I am so happy....want to leave office early today and celebrate with my wife and son.

Tania, BPremji,

Please update the sheet.

Cheers

Sachin

ok, I'm happy with the grants, and happy with the good results on the medicals,

BUT I NEED CO'S

apologies for shouting, just too frustrated at the moment

maybe it's the visit to an aboriginal art museum this afternoon. I just want to go!

This is what the forum is for where you can shout out your frustration:arghh: as long as it isn't directed at anyone :wink: I SO HOPE YOU HEAR SOMETHING SOON :biggrin:

gonna prob keep popping on this site c how ye all getting on.dont have any plans yet still on cloud 9 thanks every one so nice when people ere know wot ure talking bout best of luck im woz waiting 3 yrs so good things happen to those who wait xxxxx thanks everyone for yer best wishes c ye in queens land

Did not think you could stay away for long :wink: I applied 2 months after you so I so know how you feel and yes we will have to meet up in QLD.

Good luck with your plans.

Hi Dear All.....

Do DIAC update online Application Status once they finalized my application?

Can i get know it from Online Application Status?

:idea:

Samk6

Yes I think they do up date on line as I am sure others have said they have been granted visa before they have been told by their CO.

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I got a CO allocated today!!!!! I am so happy....want to leave office early today and celebrate with my wife and son.

Tania, BPremji,

Please update the sheet.

Cheers

Sachin

This is really good news for you and all those that thought things maybe on hold for a while including me.

Name: sachinmathias

Date of Visa application: 16th Feb 2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: IT

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 3

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned:05/10/11