New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

We are just having a bit of fun and trying to predict what the processing date will be on the next update...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc&hl=en_GB#gid=4

Feel free to join in and I will add your details to the spreadsheet

Pardon my ignorance friends, what exactly are we predicting will happen on this date.

Guest Lori2011

Tania and Anlopa, you are stressing me unintentionally of course, with your moving plans and quotations, im afraid i wont be able to afford a container to move my things, i think it would cost me around 15K USD!!! And the dog, thats an extra 5K at least according to my agents calculation, what am i going to do??? Just leave with a suitcase, my heart and mind full of hope and leave everything behind and start from scratch? I need all my savings to settle and find a new home and survive while i find a job, i cannot spend one penny just in case i need the cash once in oz. What do you guys recommend? Leave everything or invest on taking my home with me?

Tania and Anlopa, you are stressing me unintentionally of course, with your moving plans and quotations, im afraid i wont be able to afford a container to move my things, i think it would cost me around 15K USD!!! And the dog, thats an extra 5K at least according to my agents calculation, what am i going to do??? Just leave with a suitcase, my heart and mind full of hope and leave everything behind and start from scratch? I need all my savings to settle and find a new home and survive while i find a job, i cannot spend one penny just in case i need the cash once in oz. What do you guys recommend? Leave everything or invest on taking my home with me?

This is such a tricky subject..I've heard many people say that it makes the move easier having your own stuff around you but that being said,if the choice is between being "sentimental" and comfortable and having enough money to survive for the first few weeks...I'm afraid surviving wins.

Our furniture is not in such a good condition that we can really justify taking it with us...so we're going with our suitcases and a mind full of hope as you put it! What we are considering is maybe just sending a few boxes over with sevenseas with stuff like toys and books. Link if anyone is interested,they come highly recommended by a bunch of people that used them recently.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Man this is sooooo difficult:arghh: but also sooooooo exciting at the same time:jiggy:

This is such a tricky subject..I've heard many people say that it makes the move easier having your own stuff around you but that being said,if the choice is between being "sentimental" and comfortable and having enough money to survive for the first few weeks...I'm afraid surviving wins.

Our furniture is not in such a good condition that we can really justify taking it with us...so we're going with our suitcases and a mind full of hope as you put it! What we are considering is maybe just sending a few boxes over with sevenseas with stuff like toys and books. Link if anyone is interested,they come highly recommended by a bunch of people that used them recently.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Man this is sooooo difficult:arghh: but also sooooooo exciting at the same time:jiggy:

Thanks for the link I have just been looking they look reasonable compared to what I have been looking at.

Tania

I got a tip from a friend who was in international business a while ago.

Many containers come from asia to europe with goods we buy. These containers regularly go back empty. Especially after december. You can contact companies that ship these containers if they help you out. This way they make some money on the containers that usually go back empty and you will ship it much cheaper.

I haven't worked it out yet and haven't contacted these parties as we aren't close to moving yet. But it's probably worthwhile investigating.

Similar story here: a friend of us has a computer hardware store. He said it is a lot cheaper to pile some boxes and things on a pallet and send it like that. I don't know the downsides of that option: maybe you will get problems with customs, or insurance?

Update for this week

for those that got CO and Visa granted congratulations to

Name: Reco5150

Date of Visa application: 14/02/11

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer (ANZCO : Eng Technologist)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:04/10/11

Name:Laura Condon

Date of Visa application: september 2008

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Fitter

Onshore/offshore: Off Shore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: Yes must redo

Police check submitted: Yes must redo on 15/09/11

Date CO assigned:13/09/11

Date visa granted:04/10/11

Name: sachinmathias

Date of Visa application: 16th Feb 2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: IT

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 3

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned:05/10/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NA

Date visa granted: Waiting

Name:pimb

Date of Visa application:04/11/2009

Nationality:South African

High/Low Risk: HIGH

Trade/profession:Meatl MAchinist (First Class)

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

Date CO assigned: 05/10/11

Date visa granted:

Not a bad week with some of the the states releasing the SMP I guess their aren't as many moving across as we thought

Good luck all:hug: for next week :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You're doing a great job on this thread Tania, It can't be long until you get your Visa......I am off to the bank in a minute to get a check drawn up for our Police checks, so they will go in the post Monday, and we have our meds booked for the 25th October.........So fingers crossed We should have our Visa's before Christmas....But we don't intend going out until July 2013, when our Middle Son finishes his A Levels, Our Eldest Daughter won't be able to join us until she has finished her Degree in Spring 2014.....I just hope she doesn't meet the man of her dreams and decide she does not want to come.

Su x

You're doing a great job on this thread Tania, It can't be long until you get your Visa......I am off to the bank in a minute to get a check drawn up for our Police checks, so they will go in the post Monday, and we have our meds booked for the 25th October.........So fingers crossed We should have our Visa's before Christmas....But we don't intend going out until July 2013, when our Middle Son finishes his A Levels, Our Eldest Daughter won't be able to join us until she has finished her Degree in Spring 2014.....I just hope she doesn't meet the man of her dreams and decide she does not want to come.

Su x

Thanks Su,

I should imagine your visa will be granted before Christmas, Wow 2013 at least you have plenty of time to organize things and when your daughter comes the year after you will be settled in, I am sure your daughter will be far too busy to settle down while she is studying :GEEK: :wink: I had the same worry with my oldest who is now nearly 19 I was hoping he wouldn't meet any girls or settle with one as in the past he has been far too busy but now he has been with his girlfriend nearly a year and she is lovely, my son is still happy to come but is planning to eventually get his girlfriend to come out to Aus.:biggrin:

Tania x

Guest Lori2011

Well, I was planning on taking only small things to OZ, such as my piano....LOL. I will try to contact some of the importing companies, im from central america and in the middle of the continent, i first need a truck to take everything to the port, sounds like in a few months i will be busy, i am considering to take only boxes and my bikes, maybe it wont be too expensive that way, i will check, thanks for the advices

Well, I was planning on taking only small things to OZ, such as my piano....LOL. I will try to contact some of the importing companies, im from central america and in the middle of the continent, i first need a truck to take everything to the port, sounds like in a few months i will be busy, i am considering to take only boxes and my bikes, maybe it wont be too expensive that way, i will check, thanks for the advices

Check out this link from AAAZR http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/ I think i will be using this company.

Tania

DIAC seems to be moving along nicely. Just going by this site and others, they are firmly into granting COs for February applicants. While the update may say an earlier date, there are a lot of Feb 2011 applicants getting COs. I'm a July applicant, so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll have a CO by February or so. That would fit in with my schedule nicely...

Got everything crossed for tomorrow morning.

Lets all concentrate on a good outcome. (The collective will and all that)

I suspect I will be drawn to the laptop as soon as I wake up!! Becoming obsessive!

Good luck everyone and pleasant dreams.

tania got my visa granted this morning oh my god ure nxt!!!!! r u on face book would luv ta meet up in queensland and bitch bout the visa process i prob wont be on poms in oz any more woz so obsessed with it i need a break from it ha im sooooo happy i hope ure nxt i so know how u feel

Well done Laura. I say you're delighted. Long wait for you!

Hi Guys,

I just noticed my status updated to "07/10/2011 Application being processed further". Does it mean the CO is assigned?

Cheers

Sav321

Hi Guys,

I just noticed my status updated to "07/10/2011 Application being processed further". Does it mean the CO is assigned?

Cheers

Sav321

It certainly means a CO is looking at your case :cute: Congrats!

It certainly means a CO is looking at your case :cute: Congrats!

I am so happy if CO is assigned, but I got no email regarding CO assignment. :smile: