New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest keisha

hi guys!!

after a long wait... (hubby's medicals has been referred)....

our visa has been granted last 16 August... :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

is somebody still updating the first page and spreadsheet?

please update our details....

thanks to all!!!

Hi Jambos,

still nothing! :cry: not a single word from our CO. Last thing was that our agent called them and they said that they are still checking our documents (that was almost three months ago).. I'm not coming here as often as I used to, there's no point since I have nothing new to say.

How about you? any news?

Really feel for you Bloomberg the waiting part is the worst!:mad:

We have our flights booked to Perth on 7/1/13 can't wait very exciting now. Still not sold our house but are going anyway :laugh:

I really hope you hear something soon fingers as always crossed for you :daydreaming:

Guest doniedsilva

Explained my situation to the CO and got an eight week extension. :biggrin:

Thanks milllerz, Day N Nite and phillllip for the reassurance.

Cheers.

Congratulations to Maritasha, Wallen, Day N Night, Keisha, Bubblybabli, Jenniferoz for your visa Grants. Dredg97, Raheel, placeabo, Leomburu for your CO allocations and hope you get your visa grants soon.

I have updated the google spreadsheet. Please let me know in case I missed someone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc

I updated my spreadsheet, because there are some discrepancies in the official sheet. I'm form HR country Bulgaria and my occupation is Engineering Technologist, because Engineers Australia told me that my job duties doesn't match for Electrical Engineer /but I'm one/. Engineering Technologist sounds like **** to me, but i'll live with it for a while.

Pre-grant received today!! Now all we need to do is leave and re-enter Australia and we'd be golden!! Thanks everyone who has contributed to these threads for the invaluable information and sometimes even for the kind words. They really do make you feel a lot better in times of desperation.

Thank you all!!! very giddy at the mo. :)

Congrats to the ones with grants - seeing this rain of grants I was encouraged to send just a two line email to my CO very humbly asking for any updates. This is what I got in reply;

Please could you provide answers to the following; (Please provide the answer directly under the question.

Please clarify the State/Province of birth for the applicant

• Please provide address history for the period 1x May 20xx to 0x November 20xx.
  • Please provide full employer address details and description of employer for the period March 19xx to January 20xx.

• Please provide the full course title for the period 0x November 20xx to 1x February 20xx.

• Please clarify whether the course undertaken for the period 0x November 20xx to 2x February 20xx was a bachelor, masters, diploma, etc.

• Please provide the State/Province of birth for the parents, siblings and spouse.

• Please clarify the relationship between the Australian contact/visa sponsor and the applicant.

Well, I have provided all this info in form 80 and the family tree diagram, so does it mean that my security checks/job verification will start now or has completed and these questions are just a final crosscheck? any comments please from the seniors ??

its been ages since I've posted here.. I know this isn't the thread to post this but its been 3+ months since we landed (106 days to be precise lol) I flew to Sydney since we'd thought it'd be easer to get an IT job there easily, but just about a few days before our flight (26th May), I landed a job in Adelaide... so we flew from Sydney to Adelaide, passed the IKEA store at the airport its a great store! and are settling down slowly.. Adelaide is supposed to be like a slepy town and most people from metros would feel that way after arriving and we constantly whined and whinged about things that we're missing out on.. but it kinda grows on you.. 3 months down ad we don't even know how much we're used to all the South Australian ways - we've even started following footy ( became a Crows fan too)... Well.. here's to wishing all your folks in the queue a speedy grant and hang on to your wits for the final few days of your packing - don't fret too much if you forget a thing or two.. you can get it all here.. after all this is a developed country and all you know lol and yeah.. if you were planning on getting that custom made suit from a bloke you knew that does em cheap.. nows' the time to do it before you get here!

best luck to you all!

its been ages since I've posted here.. I know this isn't the thread to post this but its been 3+ months since we landed (106 days to be precise lol) I flew to Sydney since we'd thought it'd be easer to get an IT job there easily, but just about a few days before our flight (26th May), I landed a job in Adelaide... so we flew from Sydney to Adelaide, passed the IKEA store at the airport its a great store! and are settling down slowly.. Adelaide is supposed to be like a slepy town and most people from metros would feel that way after arriving and we constantly whined and whinged about things that we're missing out on.. but it kinda grows on you.. 3 months down ad we don't even know how much we're used to all the South Australian ways - we've even started following footy ( became a Crows fan too)... Well.. here's to wishing all your folks in the queue a speedy grant and hang on to your wits for the final few days of your packing - don't fret too much if you forget a thing or two.. you can get it all here.. after all this is a developed country and all you know lol and yeah.. if you were planning on getting that custom made suit from a bloke you knew that does em cheap.. nows' the time to do it before you get here!

best luck to you all!

Great to hear from someone who has made the move. We are going 7/1/13 to Perth feeling excited but a bit jittery too. My OH hands in his notice today a bit scary. We have no jobs to go to yet but are looking.

Anyway good to hear its all working out well for you :biggrin:

Good wishes for your future.

hey sewersadie,

u cud have thought abt moving to Melbourne. cost of living is damn cheap and its multicultural. IT jobs are better than Adelaide. Public transport is also excellent. i am too an IT professional and I have been here for more than 365 days for me.

and plz dont get any furniture from IKEA ? we got all our furniture from IKEA and believe me it sucks even though its cheap. our screws just wouldn't fit into our wooden beds and TV cabinet.

and yes..Hawthorn's the best than ur Adelaide Crows !!!!

Make me purple! Visa granted! Woohoo! Don't want to go to work now!

15 weeks and 3 days from lodging to grant. Enter by 13/09/2013. Yay!

Complete mindset change now. The focus has been so much on meeting requirements and getting everything sorted for the application, as it's so intensive, that we've not given massive amounts of thought to actually moving. Now, we'd better get cracking.

So excited...