New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

nope :cute:

was looking for some further explanations on "Due to the implementation of these new SMPs, some existing GSM applications are eligible for Priority Group 3 processing."

Thx for the quick help anyway :spinny:

People got applied for visas years ago and got SS, then their occupation was removed from the SMP that was sponsoring them, and if their occupation was not the SOL 1 they ended up in Cat 5.

Example a hairdresser applied a few years ago for 176 SS WA, occupation not on SOL 1 and was removed from SMP, but with the recent updates WA now sponsoring hairdressers agin so now jumped from Cat 5 to Cat 3.

I think this is the story from what I have read from other posts?

Also there will be those who applied before Jul 2010 that are still able to change 175 to 176 if their occupation is now on a SMP if they get sponsorship these will likely be cat 5 applications but will become cat 3.

Guest JohnAnton

If I'm not mistaken, the Dec 1, 2010 update states "allocated with CO".

Today's update reads "contacted by CO".

There's a huge difference between these phrases. DIAC might be playing word games with us.

They might have allocated pastl Jan 2011 already.

(Dejavu on me typing this exact posts)

Cheer up guys. We all know that they are working applicants as far as Feb 2011. So this means that they have allocated further than what they are telling us.

but this might bother us:

New State Migration Plans (SMPs) for some states and territories have been released. Details are available on the relevant state or territory websites.

Due to the implementation of these new SMPs, some existing GSM applications are eligible for Priority Group 3 processing. GSM is currently re-categorising these applications to ensure they are prioritised correctly and affected applicants do not need to contact GSM processing centres regarding this.

As a result this of re-categorising the allocation of Priority Group 4 applications has been reduced for this update period."

10th of December. How disappointing. I think they showed good progress in the first week and then the new state migration plans came out meaning they had to allocate all the 2009 and 2010 applications which were collecting dust in their cupboards. If they managed to allocat everyone to Dec 2010 I reckon/hope they will pick up speed again this week unless any other states additional applications.

It is rather tempting to flip that 175 to a 176 but I read somewhere that DIAC doesn't do this any more and I am not keen on forking out another 3k, sigh. *Rant over*

10th of December. How disappointing. I think they showed good progress in the first week and then the new state migration plans came out meaning they had to allocate all the 2009 and 2010 applications which were collecting dust in their cupboards. If they managed to allocat everyone to Dec 2010 I reckon/hope they will pick up speed again this week unless any other states additional applications.

It is rather tempting to flip that 175 to a 176 but I read somewhere that DIAC doesn't do this any more and I am not keen on forking out another 3k, sigh. *Rant over*

Yeah you have to lodge a new one I am afraid.

Well, good news for us oldies about to have our medicals with children. I have received confirmation from the HOC that the rules regarding chest xrays & HIV blood tests apply at the time of your visa application, NOT the date of your medicals, so you may save a little money here. Here's the email:

Dear Mandy Xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the clients who are under age of 11 at the time of the visa application was made are only required to undertake Medical Examination and not the Chest X-ray Examination and also the same rules apply for clients under age of 15 at the time of the visa application is not required to undertake HIV Tests

Should you require further assistance or clarification please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Xxxxx

Global Health

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Fax: +61 2 8666 5900 or 8666 5901

Email: Health.Operations.Centre@immi.gov.au

download?mid=1%5f567872%5fAD9y%2bFcAAMcmTn%2b%2fRwVIvynC%2bFw&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Mandy x

People got applied for visas years ago and got SS, then their occupation was removed from the SMP that was sponsoring them, and if their occupation was not the SOL 1 they ended up in Cat 5.

Example a hairdresser applied a few years ago for 176 SS WA, occupation not on SOL 1 and was removed from SMP, but with the recent updates WA now sponsoring hairdressers agin so now jumped from Cat 5 to Cat 3.

I think this is the story from what I have read from other posts?

Also there will be those who applied before Jul 2010 that are still able to change 175 to 176 if their occupation is now on a SMP if they get sponsorship these will likely be cat 5 applications but will become cat 3.

Yes, that's correct:realmad: more cat5s moving into cat3:eek::eek:

It is exactly what i had expected this morning:yes: a slow down after a a week or 2 of fast pace, faster processing seems to be because DIAC know something is coming to slow us back down again:SLEEP::SLEEP:

:hug::hug::hug:

Well, good news for us oldies about to have our medicals with children. I have received confirmation from the HOC that the rules regarding chest xrays & HIV blood tests apply at the time of your visa application, NOT the date of your medicals, so you may save a little money here. Here's the email:

Dear Mandy Xxxxxxx

Please be advised that the clients who are under age of 11 at the time of the visa application was made are only required to undertake Medical Examination and not the Chest X-ray Examination and also the same rules apply for clients under age of 15 at the time of the visa application is not required to undertake HIV Tests

Should you require further assistance or clarification please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Xxxxx

Global Health

download?mid=1%5f567872%5fAD9y%2bFcAAMcmTn%2b%2fRwVIvynC%2bFw&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Mandy x

Well Mandy I could :hug: you this means you have just saved me £95

Tania

Wow big movement. Very disappointing was expecting at aleast end of Dec-10.

I hope the update in the next 2 weeks is more progressive.

Anybody intending to speak with DIAC to try and get some intel?:huh:

I would do this myself but our application was June-11 and I do not think I would get much from them.

Hi guys,

I have updated the spreadsheet with the new DIAC update.

Lets be honest this is probably what we were all expecting with new the SMP's coming out, on the bright side I wouldnt think there would be too many applications in the queue for the last 2 weeks of December, with the Christmas holidays and all that, so the next update should hopefully be better news

Keep the faith....

It is exactly what i had expected this morning:yes: a slow down after a a week or 2 of fast pace, faster processing seems to be because DIAC know something is coming to slow us back down again

you know what? I actually think you are right :wink:

I'm very disappointed. I am happy for those from cat5 who have been waiting for years, but the unpredictability is horrible!

Well, let's look at it differently: two weeks ago I got very nervous knowing that we were going to receive a call from our agent within two weeks. Now I can sleep again. For a while. And I still think we will have a CO before Christmas, and have a visa sooner than most cat5s.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I wouldn't know what to do without this forum.

BTW

I was looking at the spreadsheet, and noticed that most applicants before feb2011 that have no CO yet, have already uploaded their medicals (probably after the 18 March email). This group may not be informed when they get a CO, but only when they get a grant. So they may have a CO already and not know it.

Dear Mandy Xxxxxxx

Kind regards

Xxxxx

Global Health

Mandy x

Thats great news, now our family of 5 only have to pay £855.00 for our meds, Mandy you are going to the Bridge Clinic aren't you? I am a bit confuse, It says on their website that we have to choose bridge clininc on the DIAC website, where you check the status of your application, but I can't see where you do that, have you done it???

Su x

Hi Su, I find it all a bit confusing too! I havent done anything personally but after I had booked our meds the lady at the Bridge Clinic told me that she had updated our records to show that we were booked with them, so I think I'd contact them & ask them to do it if I were you. I wouldnt know how to do it either. The only thing she told me that I have to do now is fill out a registration form (which I initially thought it was a form that I'd already done but that was just a booking enquiry form). I'm going to have a proper look at the forms etc in the next couple of days as our meds are 2wks today.

Mandy x

edit - Su, have just looked at the Bridge Clinic info again & found this information with instructions on how to chose the Bridge Clinic on your meds forms. Also tells us what we need to take etc:

http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn-australia.htm

Just a quick note. We got our visa. I am happy but can't stop crying, it is a lot of things to sort out now!!!

Congratulations, so pleased for you for. to confirm, you got a straight grant?