Name: AlloVera

Date of Visa application: 28/06/2012

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LO

Trade/profession: Accountant (General)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): NA

Post-14th July Category: 3 (new priority group 4)

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NA

Date visa granted:

I was going to fill in the spreadsheet in Google Docs but I can't seem to edit it?

AlloVera,

Awesome timing on the application submission. I would've been at my wits end by this time...

The google sheet is updated by the same person who has update rights to the main post (i don't know much of the Forum terminology, i mean the first post). I have updated your details on the sheet and the main post. Please verify.

Best of luck with your application

Guest bubblybabli

Relax Sujit. You'll be good. Just send all the pay slips and tax docs that you have. If the CO needs more, they'll back to you.

And yes, Good luck for a speedy grant :)

Hi, please can you add me to the list!

Thanks

Leo

Name: leomburu

Destination: Sydney

Date of Visa application: 23.06.12

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Management Accountant

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Edited by leomburu
sent before I was ready!

Leomburu, congratulations on submitting your 175 in time & good luck for the next few months. Our milestones are very similar in this process except you've gone with Management Accountant and I with Accountant (General) so will be interesting to see how far apart we are in the next stages of our applications. Been reading some of the new SkillSelect threads and EOI threads and two things spring to mind - 1. a lot of people are quite stressed about the unknown and 2. there are a few accountant haters out there! Don't know what the deal is to be honest, I know loads of accountants and we're all lovely :)

Guest irisheyesaresmiling

Hope all of those lodged just prior to 1st july aren't in for a long wait. i am just waiting now but I already get the feeling that it could be a few months before grant. annoying as up to end may/mid June once PCC'S and medicals were uploaded people were getting grants within a fortnight.

Could be worse i suppose could be trying to get my head around this skill select!.

Best of luck to everyone on here. You've kept me sane as my OH is sick of listening to me by now!

Guest doniedsilva
No fortnightly update even today. It should have been there last Friday still no update.

Rahul,

The site was updated yesterday. There are many changes with the advent of SkillSelect, guess that's why it took time. I was also waiting for this update since Friday and after reading it I have hit the PANIC button!

Check it out and let me know what you feel.

Rahul, The site was updated yesterday. There are many changes with the advent of SkillSelect, guess that's why it took time. I was also waiting for this update since Friday and after reading it I have hit the PANIC button! Check it out and let me know what you feel.
I totally agree with you. I went through the update and I have a very pessimist outlook about how they are going to treat cat 5 family sponsored. First the update shows they have processed cat 4 family sponsored till January 6 so should take another two updates before they finish the cat 4 family sponsored and the new applications they might get in higher category of family sponsored might prevent us from ever being processed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE TURN US PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!Our Visa was granted this morning! i'm soooooo excited!!!!! can hardly contain myself!!

Did anyone ever set up a check list for post visa grant!? What to do next?? and has anyone used the International Organization for Migration for concessional fares ,or extra baggage allowance??? i think it could be worth looking into?!?

Guest doniedsilva

Hello,

Excerpts from DIAC website updated 4th July '12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority processing arrangements apply to skilled migration applications. They determine the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under the arrangements will be processed ahead of lower priority applications, regardless of when the application is lodged.

The following table details processing priorities for skilled migration applications.

Note: The highest priority is listed first. SkillSelect applications (187, 186, 190 and 489) will be the highest priority in each group.

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #ECECEC]

Priority Group Number

[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #ECECEC]Application Type[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Sponsored Migration Scheme visa applications.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Employer sponsored applications made either through SkillSelect or through other channels.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Applications nominated by a State/Territory government agency.

Order of processing will be:

1. applications lodged from 1 July 2012 through SkillSelect
  2. applications in this priority for other General Skilled Migration (GSM) subclasses (subclass 176, 475, 487 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Applications with nominated occupations on the Skilled Occupation List Schedule 1.

See: Skilled Occupation List ( 37KB PDF file)

2. applications within this priority for other GSM subclasses (subclass 175, 176, 475, 487, 885 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I've picked up from the DIAC website yesterday. Probably the first update since SkillSelect went live. Now does this mean SkillSelect application supersedes the older applications. Will the "older" 175 Cat 4 applications be delayed further?

I just read this and I have hit the panic button. Does anyone have a little more information.

Regards,

Donie

Guest irisheyesaresmiling

Donie i know your looking for a bit of assurance but you have already posted your answer. "skill select will be the highest priority in each group". Looks like it is going to slow things down a bit.

hI! Donie, family sponsored applications under G5 will be processed only after all high priority applications are processed, just dont know how they are going to do this coz new application under skill select will be pouring in and will be neverending process, so category5 family sponsored applications will have a long wait, just dont know then it will be allocated to CO's(no time frame given) . just a absurd rule by DIAC . I AM in the same boat. I have not resigned to the fact that we will never get our PR

Hello,

Excerpts from DIAC website updated 4th July '12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority processing arrangements apply to skilled migration applications. They determine the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under the arrangements will be processed ahead of lower priority applications, regardless of when the application is lodged.

The following table details processing priorities for skilled migration applications.

Note: The highest priority is listed first. SkillSelect applications (187, 186, 190 and 489) will be the highest priority in each group.

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #ECECEC]

Priority Group Number

[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #ECECEC]Application Type[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Sponsored Migration Scheme visa applications.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Employer sponsored applications made either through SkillSelect or through other channels.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Applications nominated by a State/Territory government agency.

2. applications in this priority for other General Skilled Migration (GSM) subclasses (subclass 176, 475, 487 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Applications with nominated occupations on the Skilled Occupation List Schedule 1.

See: Skilled Occupation List ( 37KB PDF file)

2. applications within this priority for other GSM subclasses (subclass 175, 176, 475, 487, 885 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I've picked up from the DIAC website yesterday. Probably the first update since SkillSelect went live. Now does this mean SkillSelect application supersedes the older applications. Will the "older" 175 Cat 4 applications be delayed further?

I just read this and I have hit the panic button. Does anyone have a little more information.

Regards,

Donie

Just read this and checked on the website myself, which confirmed my fears...SkillSelect will get seen ahead of us. I rushed to get our application in before 1st July and now it seems that I should have waited...grrrr!

Just read this and checked on the website myself, which confirmed my fears...SkillSelect will get seen ahead of us. I rushed to get our application in before 1st July and now it seems that I should have waited...grrrr!

I think no need panic. 1st Set of Invitation are not available before 1st August, then there remains ceiling for New applicants. Even WA SS just posted - their July SS availability places limited by monthly allocation !

DIAC processing capability 1k per week, I think most old allocation will be done already by the time New applicants get Invite (note Ceiling limits many occupation) and 60 days allowed for applicants who receive Invitation to lodge their application. Thru it all DIAC has established better control of the process as a whole. I am sure they have done their homework well this whole week and know their numbers.

Cheers!

Guest jaycris

By the way I am also new to this thread.. did not realize i belong here... anyway,

Name: jaycris

Date of Visa application: 22/05/2012

Nationality: Filipino (but I do have a British MBA - does that count? hehe)

High/Low Risk: What does this mean?

Trade/profession: Business Analyst

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): NA

Post-14th July Category: 3 (new priority group 4)

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: Partial (waiting for Singapore Police to send it to DIAC)

Date CO assigned: 13-Jun

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NA

Date visa granted: