New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is some hope for u 886ers.... one of my friend got CO allocated for Aug 2009, 886 visa.

Great....if it start it will not take that long to finish 886 and 176... as they are only left....altogether they about 7500~...

Hi Guys, im new to this Thread. Here is my story. came to Australia 2008 after applying for PR from UK, i did not have enough experience as a qualified hairdresser, so had to study again in Australia and gain more work experience. I came here with my husband and 12 year old daughter. Been paying thousands each year for school fees, and this year she is in year 12 studying really hard towards her VCE as she wants to go on to university to become a teacher. Her school fees this year are $13,000 and just found out that to send her to uni will be more than $60,000..unfortunately i just cant see us being granted our PR before the end of this year, as i applied for the 886 fs in Dec 2009, and dreading the thought of telling her to hold on to her dream. I think its disgusting how we are all treated. Also we have a new addition to our family (baby girl), we held on to having more kids over the years because of our dream to come to Australia for a better life. But im now 38 years old and feel time is not on my side, we would love another child to complete our family, but under the circumstances i don't think it will happen. We are really starting to feel the pinch, like many of you..Just unfair, that we all have worked so hard for a better future for us all, and immigration keep moving the goal post whenever it suits..best of luck to all!!

Hi Guys, im new to this Thread. Here is my story. came to Australia 2008 after applying for PR from UK, i did not have enough experience as a qualified hairdresser, so had to study again in Australia and gain more work experience. I came here with my husband and 12 year old daughter. Been paying thousands each year for school fees, and this year she is in year 12 studying really hard towards her VCE as she wants to go on to university to become a teacher. Her school fees this year are $13,000 and just found out that to send her to uni will be more than $60,000..unfortunately i just cant see us being granted our PR before the end of this year, as i applied for the 886 fs in Dec 2009, and dreading the thought of telling her to hold on to her dream. I think its disgusting how we are all treated. Also we have a new addition to our family (baby girl), we held on to having more kids over the years because of our dream to come to Australia for a better life. But im now 38 years old and feel time is not on my side, we would love another child to complete our family, but under the circumstances i don't think it will happen. We are really starting to feel the pinch, like many of you..Just unfair, that we all have worked so hard for a better future for us all, and immigration keep moving the goal post whenever it suits..best of luck to all!!

welcome to the Cat5 thread

everybody here got a sad story to tell, things will change to the better one day, just wait a bit more as it seems you have a good chance to get processed in this financial year, as for the uni fee for your daughter I dont think will be anywhere close to $60.000/year it would be around 20-25 thousands no more.

do you know that you can change your application from FS886 to 885 by just sitting a new IELTS test assuming you will get a 7 or more to accumulate 120 points for the 885 subclass which you ll be processed straight away. anyway we all waiting here and life goes on. good luck

Not sure about the visa change, my agent says to sit tight as visa's are moving slowly (snail pace)..i meant uni fees for full course not per year! Hey i done expect sympathy or to be pushed in front of the que..even if the immigration said ok it will be 1 year or 2 years, it gives us all time to make a plan, for us and our familys..its the anxious wait of not knowing that is torture!

Recap for CAT 5

Diac email us on 9 July 2012 about the CAT 5 statistics and our prospect! (auto generated email) stating that:

"As at 1 July 2012, there were approximately 16,350 Skilled Independent cases representing approximately 27,600 applicants in Priority Group 5 awaiting allocation. As such, many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their application is allocated to a case officer for processing..." As at 1 July 2012, there were approximately 15,500 family sponsored skilled migration cases representing approximately 31,010 applicants in Priority Group 5 awaiting allocation...."

Above come from DIAC, from Jul 2012 to date approx 8 months had gone. Wondering how many cases from the mentioned got PR or CO!!! would be good to know how many more applications left in the CAT 5 bucket....

I found on previous post someone said about 4200FS cases left, you're an a FALSE illusion mate!!! Its impossible that DIAC Processed 23400 cases in 8 mth for FS G5!

"As of Nov 2011, there were 27 347 applications lodged from in Australia and 15284 applications lodged from outside Australia = 42631 Applications

"As at 13 April 2012, all clients who lodged their application before 5 January 2009 have been contacted by their case officer. A further 21 471 Priority Group 5 cases are awaiting allocation. A further 14 914 Priority Group 5 cases are also awaiting allocation. = 36385 Applications

comments are welcome

How can they possibly get anything right, when they cant even be bothered to update the allocation table..I mean its not gonna take more than two minutes!!!

Recap for CAT 5

Diac email us on 9 July 2012 about the CAT 5 statistics and our prospect! (auto generated email) stating that:

"As at 1 July 2012, there were approximately 16,350 Skilled Independent cases representing approximately 27,600 applicants in Priority Group 5 awaiting allocation. As such, many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their application is allocated to a case officer for processing..." As at 1 July 2012, there were approximately 15,500 family sponsored skilled migration cases representing approximately 31,010 applicants in Priority Group 5 awaiting allocation...."

Above come from DIAC, from Jul 2012 to date approx 8 months had gone. Wondering how many cases from the mentioned got PR or CO!!! would be good to know how many more applications left in the CAT 5 bucket....

I found on previous post someone said about 4200FS cases left, you're an a FALSE illusion mate!!! Its impossible that DIAC Processed 23400 cases in 8 mth for FS G5!

comments are welcome

Recap for CAT 5

"As of Nov 2011, there were 27 347 applications lodged from in Australia and 15284 applications lodged from outside Australia = 42631 Applications

"As at 13 April 2012, all clients who lodged their application before 5 January 2009 have been contacted by their case officer. A further 21 471 Priority Group 5 cases are awaiting allocation. A further 14 914 Priority Group 5 cases are also awaiting allocation. = 36385 Applications

comments are welcome

~

This one was solved ages ago around pages no 450~.....What ever the no of total group 5 application...FS people(on and off shore)1/5 of that in july 2012....And calculation was around 7500 FS where there.....please refer the pages between 400-500.

How can they possibly get anything right, when they cant even be bothered to update the allocation table..I mean its not gonna take more than two minutes!!!

It was 4200 FS cases and not a false illusion either. What it meant was that 4200 FS case is the number they will process in whole financial year that they have allocated. However, they are bound to increase around 12000-13000 by the end of June this year. Everybody will be processed but hard work is everywhere. I believe in the saying that "Grass looks greener on the other side" but it isn't ;-)

It was 4200 FS cases and not a false illusion either. What it meant was that 4200 FS case is the number they will process in whole financial year that they have allocated. However, they are bound to increase around 12000-13000 by the end of June this year. Everybody will be processed but hard work is everywhere. I believe in the saying that "Grass looks greener on the other side" but it isn't ;-)

There is a bit of confusion...

It is 4200 Places for Family Sponsored this is the planning level for the 2012/2013 Program Year. Priority is given to 489 visas first as they at Cat 4.

www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Up to 4th March 2013 1067 invitations - 489 Family Sponsored have been issued.

And where does it state the number of Family Sponsored Visas to "around 12000-13000 will increase? or is this just a guess??

Hi guys, My co requested my TRA assessment ,, police clearance,, medicals ,, form80 so i have submitted all of these papers on friday.. My CO also called my employer last week to confirm my if my work exp is genuine so all went well.

So any guess guys how long its gonna take to make decosion ??

Iam 885 online applicant (15 june 2010 )

CO allocated on 25 feb 13

lol Old news~

sorry if this is old news to you, i just noticed this now.

The planning level for the Skilled Regional Sponsored (formerly known as Skilled Australian Sponsored (Family sponsored)) GSM category of the 2012-13 Migration Program has been increased, and allocation of Skilled Regional Sponsored (SRS) is resuming.

Hi guys, My co requested my TRA assessment ,, police clearance,, medicals ,, form80 so i have submitted all of these papers on friday.. My CO also called my employer last week to confirm my if my work exp is genuine so all went well.

So any guess guys how long its gonna take to make decosion ??

Iam 885 online applicant (15 june 2010 )

CO allocated on 25 feb 13

My guess is maximum 2 weeks in your case or may be less.

Archived