New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi guys, have you heard anything about 175 Visa? I've applied as a Systems Manager.(22 Jan. 2009) Unfortunately, it has stopped on 21th May 2008.

Hi, I applied as a system manager in August 2008 and we got a case officer last October, grant in November so it might be closer than you think, when we heard processing 175 had started again and looked at the dates published by DIAC we thought we had 6 months at least before they got to us then out of the blue we got a CO

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to let you know that I received an email from my agent that I now have a case officer from team 32.

I pre-loaded medical & police checks last month. They have requested the evidence of 900 hours.

I have checked my online status and document lists are all changed to 'Received'.

Here's my timeline:

885 Cook online application with IELTS 7

Applied on 15 June 2010

CO 25 Feb 2013

I hope this helps many people.

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a quick update that my status online has changed to 'applicant approved' and document check lists are to 'met'. I haven't received an email from the agent yet but I assume I will tomorrow.

FYI, I sent requesting documents on the same day when CO was assigned 25 Feb 2013.

Thank you for all the support and hope all of category 5s will get PRs soon!

Hi all,

Just a quick update that my status online has changed to 'applicant approved' and document check lists are to 'met'. I haven't received an email from the agent yet but I assume I will tomorrow.

FYI, I sent requesting documents on the same day when CO was assigned 25 Feb 2013.

wonderfull ,,congrats and good luck..

Thanks for the update Wendy. My subclass was changed to 885 from 886 after providing IELTS on 15th Feb. Still no updated from CO. Sent 4 emails and called them today. Operator also stated that everything seems to be received and she was going to send an email to CO as well. I communicated to my CO in the past like we were chatting to each other coz he was replying to my emails within 5 minutes.

Good to hear that they are still issuing 885 visas......

king khan is your file still external check ?

can i ask you what is the difference between high risk countries and low ones ?

is this late for your application approval related to your country pakistan ?

cuz i am egyptian and do not know wheather egypt is HR or LR

thx

thx

DIAC's definition of High Risk country is a country, the citizen of which, are not eligible for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Countries listed as High Risk have a higher rate of migration fraud, terrorism, civil war or other form of internal military conflict and tend to produce illegal migrants. Examples of high risk countries are Pakistan, India, Iran and Afghanistan. Low risk countries are generally European and North American nations (America and Canada).

Yeah I believe its good news. Less applications coming in the better for us.. g5ers.

we all Cat 5 would strongly wish that our turn arrive soon for the CO and grant, well this will happen whilst less application from the lower group sent to DIAC!!

Hi all,

CONGRATS!!!! well done, u deserve it!!!! :)

hi guys ... I have simple question if anyone can answere... I got co allocated this week and he just asked for form 80, medicals and afp ... I have applied with 1 year paid exp...lodgement 15 june 2010.

Thank u

regards

hi kk,

is your question --that co has only asked for fewer documents??

thx

yeh my file is still going through external checks..Egypt is on the list of high risk but you should be alright ..it's not on the top of list like Pakistan..there is further subdivision of high risk countries

applied on 13 mar 2010

CO assigned 17 dec 2012

grant waiting

HR country

asked for form 80 and work experience evidence. submitted required documents since then no response. Prolly security checks???

Hi Wamui33, what subclass did you applied for?

Thanks for the update Wendy. My subclass was changed to 885 from 886 after providing IELTS on 15th Feb. Still no updated from CO. Sent 4 emails and called them today. Operator also stated that everything seems to be received and she was going to send an email to CO as well. I communicated to my CO in the past like we were chatting to each other coz he was replying to my emails within 5 minutes.

Good to hear that they are still issuing 885 visas......

Hi, you mentioned that they changed you from 886 to 885, how you managed to do that?

Could you please advise what step you took for DIAC to changed your application from 886 to 885, as I'm also on 886 class and feel that no where close for DIAC to processed my application at any time soon.

Hi, you mentioned that they changed you from 886 to 885, how you managed to do that?

Could you please advise what step you took for DIAC to changed your application from 886 to 885, as I'm also on 886 class and feel that no where close for DIAC to processed my application at any time soon.

Hi there

I am not agent so I can't specifically advise you what you need to do. The only thing I can tell you is that if you applied before 1 July 2010 then you are allowed to change your visa subclass if you are able to gain 120 points by getting 7 each in IELTS. If you have applied before 1st July 2010, you must have received an email from DIAC explaining what to do. If you got a agent then pick up the phone and call him. When I applied I had 110 marks but I only needed 100 for family so by doing IELTS, i am able to secure 120 marks. HOpe it will help. If you are unsure please seek professinoal advise. Cheers.

Hi guys, I have got fantastic news for family sponsored applicants, mine is visa subclass 886 online and Finallyyyyyyyyyy i have got my case officer allocated today... Wishing good luck to all out there....... :)

Hi guys, I have got fantastic news for family sponsored applicants, mine is visa subclass 886 online and Finallyyyyyyyyyy i have got my case officer allocated today... Wishing good luck to all out there....... :)

wht your aplication date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Aasha, congratulation could you advise when you submitted your 886 application?

Thanks Gwheng..... My application date is 24th december 2008... Case offcer has asked me for medicals, form 80 and evidence of employment.. i have booked for medicals next week and will submit documents in soon..i must say gagan's prediction has come true!!!

WOW !! this is definietly good news for family sponsor....though I am 176FS it does shed some light for all us FS....thanks for sharing Aasha ...please keep us updated.

Archived