New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

I'm aug 2009 886 applicant changed to 885 and got CO after 2 weeks, your lodgement date is still as the original after you change your subclass so they have to process you right away. As it is now processed up to april 2010

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Quocchuong. Any update on your file? I am similar situation as you but chagned to 885 in different circumstances (I won't go into details). I have CO allocated and just submitted my 7 in IELTS. What is the update on your file?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here are some twitter accounts:

Brendan O'Connor (the new minister account): https://twitter.com/BOConnorMP

Julia Gillard's account: https://twitter.com/JuliaGillard

DIAC accounts: https://twitter.com/SandiHLogan , https://twitter.com/DIACAustralia

Australia'smigration institute: https://twitter.com/migrateinst

any additional suggestions for the list are welcomed

Please inform them guys that if they clear the backlogs especially for G5, they have a good chances of winning the federal election this year 2013 over the Liberals. They can show and convey to the people that only thru Labor especially her time that they were able to come up with a formula and concrete plan on how to streamline and clear-up the backlogs of the australian immigration which were left unmanaged during the time of the Liberals. As a result, families, relatives, friends, classmates, etc. of G5,G4,G3 will support the Labor government and will lead to winning the federal election 2013 over the liberals.

Hi all,

Why don't we try contacting the new minister through his Twitter account to explain our problem and urge him to put an end to this disastrous backlog and all the nonsense we get from DIAC.

If anyone who'se good with words can come up with several messages (140 characters long) explaining the problem of each class, then we can take these templates and post them on some accounts for instance the new ministers account,Julia Gillard's account,DIAC's account and any other accounts that may support our cause.

If you're interested i can begin collecting these accounts and put them in a post so we can all use them.

Yes , it sounds like a great plan. I have already send out several email, may be if it come from the total no of FS and other cat 5 members, it might make a difference.

Hopefully something good works out by April.

:err:

Please inform them guys that if they clear the backlogs especially for G5, they have a good chances of winning the federal election this year 2013 over the Liberals. They can show and convey to the people that only thru Labor especially her time that they were able to come up with a formula and concrete plan on how to streamline and clear-up the backlogs of the australian immigration which were left unmanaged during the time of the Liberals. As a result, families, relatives, friends, classmates, etc. of G5,G4,G3 will support the Labor government and will lead to winning the federal election 2013 over the liberals.

The other way actually. Economic situation is getting a bit slow, and Labor is already in a weak position. Anything that makes it look like migration numbers are being bumped up will be electoral suicide.

Hi Guys

can anyone share their experience who is waiting for their PR application to be granted and they been allocated to bridging visa type C.

By default bridging visa type c won't allowed applicants to work, to be permitted to work you have to submit form 1005 and prove your financial hardship.

I'm currently on bridging visa C, and for me to claimed that I'm financial hardship I'm afraid they won't believe given that I have some saving.

Has anyone faced such problem where they have saving in their bank, and still managed to proved to the Immi dept that they are financial struggling, and the dept immi will disregard of their saving in bank and still permit them to work.

Can someone please shed some light on this situation. Thanks.

Hi All, Could someone Please advise me what forms do I need for medicals !

Form 26 and form 160. If you have any doubt. You can get them from Immi website. If still any doubts, take the forms to medical and all the required documents, they will help you out to fill them. Cheers. How your got your 487 sorted? By only sending approval letter to DIAC?

Form 26 and form 160. If you have any doubt. You can get them from Immi website. If still any doubts, take the forms to medical and all the required documents, they will help you out to fill them. Cheers. How your got your 487 sorted? By only sending approval letter to DIAC?

Yes, they asked for a[pproval letter !

Has anyone contacted a minister or government official/office in Australia and stated their case and has there been any response from them?

Seriously thinking of writing to someone!

You can write to them hundred times, there will be a formatted response. There will be no response from ministers etc. doesn't matter how much you write, once or 1000 times over category 5 processing. Elections are nearing - forget all this now unless category 5 can prove strength is number or start a petition but it has to be tens of thousands, 200, 500, 700 applicants petition will not have any effect.

I am not trying to discourage you but I have written to every man and its dog in last 2 and half year, from ministers office, DIAC, secretary, newspapers you name it. I got standard response from some people and no response from anyone. I even got minister through facebook and he replied to me that he will pass the information to department, no reply after that. I wrote to minister atleast 30 time after that - no response.

Unless you can get atleast 10000 people on your side and start a petition then something might happen but even then chances are very bleak because they are processing category 5. Petition will work in cases such as cap and cease but not right now because they are processing.

There could be shift in policy but like i stated above it is highly unlikely due to elections.

Just sit tight and wait and if you are stuck in FS try to change it to general skilled migration through IELTS.

Good luck !

Just sit tight and wait and if you are stuck in FS try to change it to general skilled migration through IELTS.

Good luck !

Thanks for the feedback, yes i am stuck in FS but can't change 'cos i am 176 and no state has my occupation on their sponsorship list of occupation. I am waiting but just thought i would vent my frustration at people who are in the right place (though least bothered about our issue) rather than just in this forum where everyone is as miserable as everyone else! wait is what one can do and does!

Thanks for the feedback, yes i am stuck in FS but can't change 'cos i am 176 and no state has my occupation on their sponsorship list of occupation. I am waiting but just thought i would vent my frustration at people who are in the right place (though least bothered about our issue) rather than just in this forum where everyone is as miserable as everyone else! wait is what one can do and does!

Hi Arshad,

I am in the same boat as you are 176FS and not on SOL. Please do let me know if you have any updates or indication. your feedback would be highly valuable as there are only a few of us . will do the same if I get any info .

I'm on FS 886, what you mean change it to general skilled migration thru IELTS?

Please advise, thanks.

If you had 120 point when yu have applied than you can change it to 885 by scoring 7band in IELTS. Please look some posts back.... there is heaps of advise there.

Yes, from June 4 2010, as per the links above

Yep, I saw that! I was just trying to findout if they have progressed any bit in the last 8 days. The link shows CO allocation on 11th Feb, so apparently no 885 has been processed in the last week or two ........................

Yep, I saw that! I was just trying to findout if they have progressed any bit in the last 8 days. The link shows CO allocation on 11th Feb, so apparently no 885 has been processed in the last week or two ........................

Yes processing of 885 has been a stop start affair over the last couple of weeks especially at the Adelaide processing centre since there has been an upsurge in the higher priority applications. This is from my source at DIAC.

Allocation of priority group 5 subclass 885 doesn't stop..it either slows down or picks up pace but never stops. It is expected to gain pace dramatically in next few months.

Yes processing of 885 has been a stop start affair over the last couple of weeks especially at the Adelaide processing centre since there has been an upsurge in the higher priority applications. This is from my source at DIAC.

Allocation of priority group 5 subclass 885 doesn't stop..it either slows down or picks up pace but never stops. It is expected to gain pace dramatically in next few months.

hi jaysiwach , i think you are working with immigration agent office

i red another post for you saying that

could you plz tell me according to applications at your office

diac reached june 2010 for 885 visa or not ?

and are you sure they in the next few months they will speed up

the processing for 885 ?

finally i applied in july 2011 885 when do you think my file

will be allocated ? i know you are not working in diac but just give me your guessing?

thank youuuuu

The allocation table is logic defying and over my head...................if all cat 2-4 applications are allocated for 885, then wtf is diac doing for the last one month esp after X-mas holidays? 2 months gone by and application worth 5 days (was 15 Apr and changed to 20 Apr 2010) processed!x!! Govt must sack them or make it a performance based salary payment for co's

Archived