New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest arthur45

885 G5 processing is not stop at all just slow down, 4 applications in june 2010 got co last and this week ( 01/06/10,05/06/10, two 09/06/10) and one more ?/06/10 who is not reggisted.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allocation of priority group 5 subclass 885 doesn't stop..it either slows down or picks up pace but never stops. It is expected to gain pace dramatically in next few months.

Allocation of priority group 5 885 stopped during mid December 2012 to mid January 2013 at Adelaide processing centre ( update tables during that time clearly stated that fact). likewise last couple of weeks it has been affected by the number of higher priority applications especially at Adelaide processing centre where paper lodged applications are processed.

Allocation of priority group 5 885 stopped during mid December 2012 to mid January 2013 at Adelaide processing centre ( update tables during that time clearly stated that fact). likewise last couple of weeks it has been affected by the number of higher priority applications especially at Adelaide processing centre where paper lodged applications are processed.

Not sure but why would higher priority applications in other categories (read non-885) affect 885 processing, as applications in cat2-4 have all been allocated as per the last update??

hi jaysiwach , i think you are working with immigration agent office

i red another post for you saying that

could you plz tell me according to applications at your office

diac reached june 2010 for 885 visa or not ?

and are you sure they in the next few months they will speed up

the processing for 885 ?

finally i applied in july 2011 885 when do you think my file

will be allocated ? i know you are not working in diac but just give me your guessing?

thank youuuuu

Its hard to say but we will have more reliable time frame in next few months. You have a good chance of your application processed within this year.

And Yes..it's correct that some applicants from early June 2010 have been allocated to Case officers.

Thanks for the feedback, yes i am stuck in FS but can't change 'cos i am 176 and no state has my occupation on their sponsorship list of occupation. I am waiting but just thought i would vent my frustration at people who are in the right place (though least bothered about our issue) rather than just in this forum where everyone is as miserable as everyone else! wait is what one can do and does!

As per Quocchong you dont need to have your occupation in current SOL. If you are either family 886FS or 176FS and you applied before 1st July 2010 and you received an email from DIAC last year in the month of July then you can change to 885/175. You can gain an extra 10 points for IELTS by getting 7 each i.e. if you had 110 points that time it will make yours to 120.

This is what I understood.

Quocchong if am wrong, kindly correct me.

If you had 120 point when yu have applied than you can change it to 885 by scoring 7band in IELTS. Please look some posts back.... there is heaps of advise there.

I would like to make a correction here...if you had 110 points when you applied then you can change to 175/885 provided it was applied before 1st July 2010, you can gain an extra 10 points by getting 7 each thus making you eligible now. This is what I understand and I believe I am right.

Not sure but why would higher priority applications in other categories (read non-885) affect 885 processing, as applications in cat2-4 have all been allocated as per the last update??

DIAC has a finite number of CO teams that work on all types of applications (meaning different categories). ASPC handles the bulk of applications. So if there is an increase in the number of applications from a category that has a higher priority, all the CO teams will focus on those applications which in turn affects the processing of all the lower priority applications. According to the last update, there has been an increase in the number of priority group 3 applications. As a result, at least at ASPC, the processing of p5, 885 has been affected. You have to also remember that BSPC only processes online applications which puts online applicants at an advantage. That seems to be the reason why all the May or June p5, 885 PR recipients are online applicants.

As per Quocchong you dont need to have your occupation in current SOL. If you are either family 886FS or 176FS and you applied before 1st July 2010 and you received an email from DIAC last year in the month of July then you can change to 885/175. You can gain an extra 10 points for IELTS by getting 7 each i.e. if you had 110 points that time it will make yours to 120.

I had 8 band in IELTS to make up my 120 points and so i had the maximim points one can get for IELTS. I needed 10 points which i got from family sponsorship... I don't think i can change, can I?

Quocchong am I right If i understood you correctly? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

I have been studying IELTS to get band of 7, I check my old score back in 2009. my result is as follow Reading 5, speaking 7, listening 7, writing 7.

I find the reading very very confusing. I am desperate to change to 885 as 886 is a bit slow... I borrowed some IELTS books from the library, but reading seems the hardest part... Any advice? thanks

I have been studying IELTS to get band of 7, I check my old score back in 2009. my result is as follow Reading 5, speaking 7, listening 7, writing 7.

I find the reading very very confusing. I am desperate to change to 885 as 886 is a bit slow... I borrowed some IELTS books from the library, but reading seems the hardest part... Any advice? thanks

Go for the book "Target bands 7".It has good tips to get better in all module.

http://www.ielts-blog.com/1/free-trial-download-of-ace-the-ielts/

This is the one I used and sored 7 each !

how do you know its 10/06/10?

there is a chinese website , i trust this website

they have applicants git CO and PR granted till 10 /06/10

i do not know chinese language but there are tables in this website showing the progress for 885 visa which is really accurate

sometimes if i want to kniw new post thier i use google translate as i am arabic

I agree with Josh.

I have also noticed that when there is nothing to update for 885 it happens on MONDAY.

885 may likely move slightly but it's just that DIAC has that habit of making it a fortnightly affair when it misses a previous update date! So, the last update was made on a Monday and hence no surprises if people see the update on coming Mon!! Enjoy ur weekend n forget for the table for the next 72h

Archived