New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same thing happened with me n now they gave me until feb 2013. i have funny feeling now
I applied 6 oct 2009 885, I might get CO within next few months. However I got my new medicare with expiry date 6 April 2013. So does it mean that I will get PR in April 2013?? lol...no we can't guess like that ALL 2009 applicants will be finalised before September 2012 including 886 .........Sohail Khan

Guest misspearl

I applied in June 2010. How come my medicare only valid for 7 months!

I am onshore 885.:rolleyes:This guessing game is worse than pop quizzes.

DOCTOR is asking for some HEP number for medical. They are saying that it's mandatory. They are saying that rules are changed after January 2012 and for online registration of medical one must have HEP number. Now please tell me what is that?Nothing like this HEP number is written in my request letter from case officer.So where can I get that?

I applied 6 oct 2009 885, I might get CO within next few months. However I got my new medicare with expiry date 6 April 2013. So does it mean that I will get PR in April 2013?? lol...no we can't guess like that ALL 2009 applicants will be finalised before September 2012 including 886 .........Sohail Khan

It does not mean anything. From what I have been told medicare did not anticipate that PR applicants would have to wait so long for their visa grants. These applicants are with medicare for approximately 2.5 years after their application date. After that they have to prove to medicare that they still have a vaild PR application inorder to get another medicare card. Hope this helps :biggrin:

DOCTOR is asking for some HEP number for medical. They are saying that it's mandatory. They are saying that rules are changed after January 2012 and for online registration of medical one must have HEP number. Now please tell me what is that?Nothing like this HEP number is written in my request letter from case officer.So where can I get that?

Hi VB. Glad to see you are having a different kind of 'problem' :rolleyes: I think the HEP number must be like an id number for your health system back at home. Here in England everybody has a NHS number - this is automatically given to you. Most people will not know this number, but just ask your normal doctor, he should be able to give this to you, if that is indeed what it is. Good Luck.

It does not mean anything. From what I have been told medicare did not anticipate that PR applicants would have to wait so long for their visa grants. These applicants are with medicare for approximately 2.5 years after their application date. After that they have to prove to medicare that they still have a vaild PR application inorder to get another medicare card. Hope this helps :biggrin:
i wasn't asking question but I was exactly explaining to miss pearl. last year I had trouble with ATO claiming medicare levi. ATO system thought I an overseas student how can I claim medicare then I had to explain them that's how I got medicare...Sohail khan

Hi VB. Glad to see you are having a different kind of 'problem' :rolleyes: I think the HEP number must be like an id number for your health system back at home. Here in England everybody has a NHS number - this is automatically given to you. Most pe ople will not know this number, but just ask your normal doctor, he should be able to give this to you, if that is indeed what it is. Good Luck.

NO that's not the case... This is linked to some online system of medical. Receptionist at hospital is saying that this is due to the new system in place from January 2012. God knows what is it?

Guest Costa13

Maybe its your TRN No. When we went for our medicals our TRN no was asked to schedule an appointment. Hope this helps.

Guest punjabi

Hi vb , e mail ur co and ask him for no.... In india it is called health request id.,,,co will give u that no,, then u will give that no and passport no to any doctor appointed by australian immigration,,,, they will check the information and then give u appointment..... Only ur case officer can give u that no,,,, to the best of my knowledge. Coz i did d same.......

Guest punjabi

Hi vb,,, same happened to me,, nothing like HRI( health request id) was mentioned in my document request letter.... But doctor told me get a HRI from co... Then i e mail co forHRI.. She send it to me... Only then i was able to get my wife s health check done.... Hope this helps

i wasn't asking question but I was exactly explaining to miss pearl. last year I had trouble with ATO claiming medicare levi. ATO system thought I an overseas student how can I claim medicare then I had to explain them that's how I got medicare...Sohail khan

Hey,

I just wanted to add my 2cents to the speculation of expiry date and visa grant. The expiry date of the medicare card does not mean that an applicant will get their visa granted by then. It just means that should someone's visa not be granted by that date, you will have to show visa application evidence to continue having medicare. I find it funny how ATO can tax all of these applicants medicare tax but not know that they are eligible to claim medicare.

Cheers!

Hi vb,,, same happened to me,, nothing like HRI( health request id) was mentioned in my document request letter.... But doctor told me get a HRI from co... Then i e mail co forHRI.. She send it to me... Only then i was able to get my wife s health check done.... Hope this helps
<br><br>Yes that's helpful. Thanks a lot. Yes My agent will mail case officer on Monday morning regarding HAP is . But that;s wastage of time. Anyways. It's ok for me. I will book the medical for 1 June. <br>

Guest indaussie

hi everyone ,, i was checking another forum and got to know that a lot of august applicants have been assigned to co's. so i guess next week diac will assign co's to sep or oct 09 applicants.i am ready to upload all recent docs but waiting for my AFP check certificate . i will upload all the docs once i receive my AFP. good luck to all.

good news on dry day!

hi everyone ,, i was checking another forum and got to know that a lot of august applicants have been assigned to co's. so i guess next week diac will assign co's to sep or oct 09 applicants.i am ready to upload all recent docs but waiting for my AFP check certificate . i will upload all the docs once i receive my AFP. good luck to all.

@PUNJABI

How is your application progressing? Considering you got a CO sometime back now??

HI Idaussie,could you please give me reference of the foroum where i can i read the this information...because i am sept 2009 applicant and very excited now ...thanks

I apllied in Aug 2009 ,still have not received CO.You applied in Sept 2009,i am expecting by mid of july you might get CO.

Guest punjabi

Originally posted by MLBNGSM

How is your application progressing?

Considering you got a CO sometime back now??

Hi, i just attached all docs to my online file collectively on 23.5.12 ... Lets see in how many days i will get result.... Have anyone idea how much times it takes to finalise approx......??????

Archived