New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hey,

One piece of advise. Ring DIMIA if you havnt already and just ask politlely about the status. I am guessing someone is already looking into your app. :-)

I rang DIMIA last week and they told me that you have just been allocated a CO but there was no confirmation of that online. And on Tuesday Morning I had my PR !!!

There is lots happening in the background.

Good Luck!! :-)

Note: If you submitted all the docs and they are recent i.e. <1 year old then you may not even get a CO and get a VISA grant ;-)

My all docs 2 years and 7 months old so I might have to wait am I right?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GGSin

Not sure about where you had your tests and I am not sure if this is across Australia but in Melbourne, the systems are undergoing some upgrades and they took a long long time to upload our results.

You may need to follow up with them on a regular basis.

Hey Guys,

I had my Medical tests today, how long does it usually take for Medibank to finalise the reports ?

and do they electronically forward the results to CO or I have to wait for them to send the enveope to me ?

Guest Sanmok
Not sure about where you had your tests and I am not sure if this is across Australia but in Melbourne, the systems are undergoing some upgrades and they took a long long time to upload our results.

You may need to follow up with them on a regular basis.

I had my test done in Sydney, any people who had their medicals done in Sydney here ?

Do you guys know , how long do SYD Medicare take to process applications ?

Guys,

It's been over a month now that my documents reached the CO. While i'm from a HR country so the delay is no surprise , I'm getting a bit worried now that I've had no communication from the CO. On ringing DIMA, I was told that the application is being "actively processed" and I will just need to wait. What do you guys think?

Guest Sanmok
Guys,

It's been over a month now that my documents reached the CO. While i'm from a HR country so the delay is no surprise , I'm getting a bit worried now that I've had no communication from the CO. On ringing DIMA, I was told that the application is being "actively processed" and I will just need to wait. What do you guys think?

What team was file allocated to ?

My all docs 2 years and 7 months old so I might have to wait am I right?

Most Def. You will be asked for something if the docs are this old. I suggest you get updated Police Clearances at-least. Upload recent forms if you have changed address, upload your recent Resume. This tells the department that the candidate is actually contributing to the economy as they expect form a migrant.

Good Luck!!!

Guest Sanmok
i emailed my case officer last friday, giving him medical reference numbers and scanned police clearance certificates. has anyone got any idea as to how long it will take to get my PR, and also, will i get asked for anything else? i applied for 885 visa, as hairdresser, onshore application, online, and im from a low risk country. many thanks.

It all depends on what team is handling your file ? Team 32 has been touch faster than the rest.

I think they will start approving visas only after 1st July. No more docs would be requiresd.

Guest guest38808
most def. You will be asked for something if the docs are this old. I suggest you get updated police clearances at-least. Upload recent forms if you have changed address, upload your recent resume. This tells the department that the candidate is actually contributing to the economy as they expect form a migrant.

Good luck!!!

hi melbngsm

i did afp and overseas check in april,is it valid documents if diac ask me.

Or i have to apply for new applications when they ask me to do so.

Guest indaussie
Hi! Guys

does anyone have an idea as to when category 5- subclass 176- family sponsored applications will be allocated to a co, it has been almost 4 years waiting

my details as follows

date of application 16/08/2008

Subclass 176- family sponsored

Occupation Financial institution branch manager

Co not assigned

detail added thanks, good luck

Guest STan87

My Case Officer is from Team 33 too. I hope he processes my application soon now that I got all the documents but I need strength to wait 1-2 more months since the quota for 886 VB has been met.:arghh:

Guest akerai

Many cat 5 offshore are waiting for years.The wait is tearing down my patience but not my ambition.

Keep the spirits high.

i once said when VB gets a CO the sun will shine,its begun and will get brighter for the rest of cat 5

hi everyone,

here is the link to new updated timeline https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlVPV4tHc1IdFoxQ2h0Y2dXUmVmbS0wRHRQRzRRaFE&pli=1#gid=2

and a special note for the following users

sura7667,Ozzzzz,nitinmehmi,AKERAI,SOPHIE1219, plz post your details again as your lodgement date is missing in timeline.

thanks

apply on 22/04/2009,886 waiting for CO ,cook

Most Def. You will be asked for something if the docs are this old. I suggest you get updated Police Clearances at-least. Upload recent forms if you have changed address, upload your recent Resume. This tells the department that the candidate is actually contributing to the economy as they expect form a migrant.

Good Luck!!!

is it good time to get done medical now? I applied 6 oct 2009 885 online.

I will start applying for police clearance. Should AFP obtain when CO asks?

is it good time to get done medical now? I applied 6 oct 2009 885 online.

I will start applying for police clearance. Should AFP obtain when CO asks?

That is upto you....

As an Oct. Applicant I would apply for police clearances now. I will leave the Medicals to the last.

Goodluck!!!

My Case Officer is from Team 33 too. I hope he processes my application soon now that I got all the documents but I need strength to wait 1-2 more months since the quota for 886 VB has been met.:arghh:

Can I ask, how did you find out that the quota has been met? Do you know if it's the same for 885 too?

Guest Sanmok
Guys,

Hi Max09,

There is another thing that i noticed yesterday, if you look at the google doc spreadsheet, you will realise that only one cook has been granted a PR so far, so it looks like cases like you and me and other professions like hairdressers have to go through "EXTERNAL CHECK"

This check is done by external agencies where they give a detailed report to DIMIA about your work experience, authenticity of the college or UNI you graduated from and your IELTS certificate.

I think they would take at least 45 days from the date you submit all the requested docs, please make sure you advised your employers that they may get a call for reference check

This check is more strict if you are from HR country, so which country are you from ?

Thanks

SanmoK

Hi Max09,

There is another thing that i noticed yesterday, if you look at the google doc spreadsheet, you will realise that only one cook has been granted a PR so far, so it looks like cases like you and me and other professions like hairdressers have to go through "EXTERNAL CHECK"

This check is done by external agencies where they give a detailed report to DIMIA about your work experience, authenticity of the college or UNI you graduated from and your IELTS certificate.

I think they would take at least 45 days from the date you submit all the requested docs, please make sure you advised your employers that they may get a call for reference check

This check is more strict if you are from HR country, so which country are you from ?

Thanks

SanmoK

Thank you for the information, Sanmok. Yes, I do remember being told by the operator at DIMA that my application is going through External Checks. That to me sounded like security checks in the old country. I am from Pakistan.

Guest indaussie
Thank you for the information, Sanmok. Yes, I do remember being told by the operator at DIMA that my application is going through External Checks. That to me sounded like security checks in the old country. I am from Pakistan.

Yes max , you are right it's more like security check .

Archived