New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

My only idea is that, i think FS apps will be processed soon, if not these days but surely in the next financial year in july. VB's co as he is a FS applicant is a clear indication that FS is not far to be looked upon... So lets just wait for your turn.. Im so positive its gonna be soon.They cant just process FS for 496 ALONE. It must be to all visa class... Just the time is the question...But please be positive, july is the best time to see the real status when the quota is being imposed again as planned for this financial year.Lets a little while this time.. And be positive!!!

Mlsdq

I am also a 496 applicant with VBs time line. I too applied on August 27 2007. VB is the only one of 496s from that time who reports having a CO. It could be some kind of aberration. Till some other 496 gets CO dont think they really have started. FS applicants shld start getting COs from July of next year if not too may applicants from cat 1 to 3 apply to beat the deadline for change in rules on July 1. Lets see how this plays out.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one more very important question....i dont have a CO can i still do the medicals and pcc and afp.if yes where to send all these thingsbecause someone told me that we can do in advance and upload it .but where do we upload?....could please someone help me thanks
Do u still remember the password u made when u attach ur docs when u apply ur visa? If yes, go to google or diac website and search 'attach documents evisa' in diac or 'attach documents evisa australia' in google, it will show... It will ask for trn, bday, passport and password as far as i remember...Or send an enquiry to diac to give u an exact email to send ur docs if u forgot ur password.... They will reply with the email add...Thanks

MlsdqI am also a 496 applicant with VBs time line. I too applied on August 27 2007. VB is the only one of 496s from that time who reports having a CO. It could be some kind of aberration. Till some other 496 gets CO dont think they really have started. FS applicants shld start getting COs from July of next year if not too may applicants from cat 1 to 3 apply to beat the deadline for change in rules on July 1. Lets see how this plays out.
a lot of FS have been on hold even if they have a co already, even when vb got his co first, it was on hold after that for a long time. Diac can stop processing an application even if its already allocated to a co... But i am so sure, they will resume processing FS in other visa class by july. And in ur case, rahul, i have a feeling ull have a co before july if not after ..... so we will see til july 1

surely by july it will rain COsssssssssssssss

This is a good one! Yes I too feel that after July, it IS going to rain COs, with a lot of backlog cleared and new visa places for us FS Cat 5s. But seriously, seeing BV's progress after nothing for a long time on the FS front, it felt good that at least some FS Cat 5 is being looked into and we aren't forgotten. We just need to have patience.... which is pretty hard. Hope some other FS member also gets a CO before July to keep our hopes alive.

Guest Costa13

Hey!!

The forms for the medicals that my agent has sent has my name before marriage and old passport number which has expired. I did send the new passport details to my agent which included the change in my name. Although my agent says he sent the new details to diac it does not reflect in the form. My agent says that the names are automatically filled in the form and cannot be changed. Will this make a difference? I will carry both the passports when I go for the medicals but I just hope it won't cause any problems :frown:

Guest ozzzz

CAT 5 Offshore

Application: 30/03/2009, Visa: 475(State Sponsored), Application Type: Online, CO: Not allocated Yet, Visa Grant: Not Yet

Guest kapoor

Hi Guys,

Finally the wait was worth it.

Computing Professional nec, 885, Applied: 4th March, 2009, CO allocated: 18th April, 2012, Medical Finalised: 26th April,2012, AFP: 15th May, 2012, Grant: 16th May,2012.

No Form 80 was required.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Computing Professional nec, 885, Applied: 4th March, 2009, CO allocated: 18th April, 2012, Medical Finalised: 26th April,2012, AFP: 15th May, 2012, Grant: 16th May,2012.

No Form 80 was required.

Cheers

Congratulations. That was really quick. What team?

I'm still waiting for my visa grant. See my timeline.

Guest VickyMel
one more very important question....i dont have a CO can i still do the medicals and pcc and afp.if yes where to send all these things

because someone told me that we can do in advance and upload it .but where do we upload?....could please someone help me thanks

Do u still remember the password u made when u attach ur docs when u apply ur visa? If yes, go to google or diac website and search 'attach documents evisa' in diac or 'attach documents evisa australia' in google, it will show... It will ask for trn, bday, passport and password as far as i remember...Or send an enquiry to diac to give u an exact email to send ur docs if u forgot ur password.... They will reply with the email add...Thanks

The PCCs you can upload yourself - I think there is even an email address you can send to via the DIAC web site if you can't find your log on details.

The medicals are normally sent direct to the DIAC health checking people (not the same place a CO would be based). Your panel Dr would send these you would not see them except a for few countries. Check the DIAC web site re panel doctors. Remember they run out in a year and you have to validate your visa before either is a year old.

Hey!!

The forms for the medicals that my agent has sent has my name before marriage and old passport number which has expired. I did send the new passport details to my agent which included the change in my name. Although my agent says he sent the new details to diac it does not reflect in the form. My agent says that the names are automatically filled in the form and cannot be changed. Will this make a difference? I will carry both the passports when I go for the medicals but I just hope it won't cause any problems :frown:

My visa was granted on my old passport even though I had informed the CO of my new one. I had no problems coming through immigration - seems it all got updated somehow.

Make sure you take your old passport to the medical with you so they can check it off.

Not sure about the name issue though?

Guest AsIwish1216

Thanks~

Lodgement Date: 04/06/2009 885 Marketing

CO Allocation Date: 10/05/2012 pending for additional medical exam results which was finalized on 16/05/2012

Grant Date: 16/05/2012

Thanks~

Lodgement Date: 04/06/2009 885 Marketing

CO Allocation Date: 10/05/2012 pending for additional medical exam results which was finalized on 16/05/2012

Grant Date: 16/05/2012

Vow...June 09 ...DIAC moving really fast. Should expect to see all the 2009 onshore applications finished up by Aug-Sep this year.

Congrats once again mate..good job done...3 yrs of hard work finally paid off.

Guest gem1981

im still waiting...got CO on 21 april, medical on 4th may, police check 10th may..

i applied in march 2009, hairdresser, on shore, im from UK, 885...

im going to UK on holiday on 15 june, so im praying that it is finalised by then!!! good luck to all and congrats to all who have gained the elusive PR!

updated timeline

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am6LezweeZSFdFNCajhjRGp6OGduRkJKenc5Z0Q2U3c&pli=1#gid=20

please bookmark so u can view this anytime u want

thanks

Do anyone have any idea.

CO allocated 15/05/2012, All docs already uploaded upfront including Medical, Afp, IPc, Form 80 etc, How long it would take to finalize or hear from case officer ?

Guest Costa13
The PCCs you can upload yourself - I think there is even an email address you can send to via the DIAC web site if you can't find your log on details.

The medicals are normally sent direct to the DIAC health checking people (not the same place a CO would be based). Your panel Dr would send these you would not see them except a for few countries. Check the DIAC web site re panel doctors. Remember they run out in a year and you have to validate your visa before either is a year old.

My visa was granted on my old passport even though I had informed the CO of my new one. I had no problems coming through immigration - seems it all got updated somehow.

Make sure you take your old passport to the medical with you so they can check it off.

Not sure about the name issue though?

Thanks VickyMel! Will carry both the passports with me.

CAT 5 Offshore

Application: 30/03/2009, Visa: 475(State Sponsored), Application Type: Online, CO: Not allocated Yet, Visa Grant: Not Yet

Welcome

Would you share your state of sponsor and origin of country?

Hi Guys,

No Form 80 was required.

Cheers

Congratulations.

Yes i called DIAC and she confirmed that you have been allocated CO

and few hours later my status shows that your application is processed further !!

Dhawan....

I did the same thing and rang DIMIA just then and operator told me my application has been allocated to a case officer too.

This seems odd to me. But never the less some progress!! :)

I will wait for the confirmation to appear on my online application status.

Guest lilen
Do anyone have any idea.

CO allocated 15/05/2012, All docs already uploaded upfront including Medical, Afp, IPc, Form 80 etc, How long it would take to finalize or hear from case officer ?

waiting for same answer.. any1 there to share ?/??

waiting for same answer.. any1 there to share ?/??

Dear Dhawan & lilen.

If you care to share:

- Have you received an email from CO/Team specifically requesting for additional information?

- Do you think that since your online application status has changed to "Application being processed Further" means a team of CO's is working on your application?

It is just that I rang DIMIA today to ask about the status and the operator said my application has just been given to a Case Officer/Team. I am not hoping to hear from then straight away but maybe in a month I may receive something.

Note**

Someone just opening your file could mean application status has changed to "Application being processed Further"......... or even a good possibility of getting CO allocation.

I think from what I gather and looking at peoples time lines. Once you actually have some communication with your CO/Team and you have provided all the docs it is just a matter of 4-6 weeks to most.

In case you already have provided all the documents I would suppose that your CO/Team will still ping you (email etc) to see your whereabouts or even ask a simple question to you.

Good Luck :)

Archived