New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Here are my details.

GSM 175 (online) - lodged March 2010 - High risk country.

- Case Officer - last week of March, 2014

Keep the faith and continue believing guys. I'm sure your next.... :-) :arghh::arghh::biglaugh::biggrin:

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my details.

GSM 175 (online) - lodged March 2010 - High risk country.

- Case Officer - last week of March, 2014

Keep the faith and continue believing guys. I'm sure your next.... :-) :arghh::arghh::biglaugh::biggrin:

Congratulation

great to here good news....All the best for your move to Australia...

Dear Mates,

Good news and some queries:

It seems that I have a CO but do not know when assigned. Today my agent contacted me that CO asked for

my updated CV and why my previous CV (which had been sent in Sep 2013) was inconsistent with form 80 !!!

The CO asked for Medical and Police.

When Police and Medical is requested, does it mean that the visa will be issued? Or is there a chance of visa being rejected? I really do not want to spend about 2000 dollars for medicals and other things and then find my visa rejected. I appreciate your advice.

(keep in mind that my first visa dated back in 2005 was rejected in 2006 because they couldn't verify my job experience.)

Dear Mado,

Think positive...

Need not to worry about CV asked just submit, please check with the alignment with each others like dates & experience quoted therein with skill that reflects on what bases you put your application.

Another thing regarding spending for PCC & Med worth as you think positive & its mandatory for visa grant.

Hi Mado congrats on your CO allocation, and yes, usually it is a good sign when they request further documention like medical and police clearance. But in any case, like King11 mentioned, these documents are mandatory. Without submitting them you wil jeopardise your application so please go ahead and stay positive.

Dear King 11 and jvkster,

Thanks for positive vib. I know PCC and Medical are mandatory. but as the CO has asked for it, does it usually gurantee the visa?

In my personal opinion Yes.....

Start your further actions positively....

Hanging on for the last 5 years and 6 monthsssssssssssss:goofy:.......................

Me and my husband joke around that in almost 6 years of waiting we could have done med school. Not that we would want to, but when I think about med students in their beginning years, I feel bad for them because of how long it takes to finish the school.

Well, for sure now I am really trained to wait. I should put it in my resume. :)

4 months to wait for a car delivery? No problem. 2 years to wait for building and finishing a house? Piece of cake! I might be every contractor's dream client. :)

It would be funny if it weren't so sad. :unsure:

Hi Gagan,

Any news for FS to be processed this financial year?????

One question.....Can I apply my wife's student visa while I am waiting for my decision. What are the chnaces for her to get the visa?????

Anyone with the same scenario??????

Me and my husband joke around that in almost 6 years of waiting we could have done med school. Not that we would want to, but when I think about med students in their beginning years, I feel bad for them because of how long it takes to finish the school.

Well, for sure now I am really trained to wait. I should put it in my resume. :)

4 months to wait for a car delivery? No problem. 2 years to wait for building and finishing a house? Piece of cake! I might be every contractor's dream client. :)

It would be funny if it weren't so sad. :unsure:

Hi Dyanne,

I can't help smiling reading your post. Good to see that you are still high spirited.

As for me, it's almost a 5 year wait, and still waiting.

Best wishes to us both, and everyone who is still waiting...

Hi Gagan,

One question.....Can I apply my wife's student visa while I am waiting for my decision. What are the chnaces for her to get the visa?????

I don't know specifically for your wife, but I had no problem for myself. I went back from Aus and applied for 176 (offshore, so no bridging visa) in 2008. Since I had to wait for so long, in 2012 I applied for a student visa to come to Aus. I had mentioned in the student visa app about my 176 application. In the interview they asked me about it, and I told them I did apply for a PR but since it's been stuck for a very long time with still no prospect, I cannot hold my further studies longer as I was wasting years waiting. They gave me the student visa. Now m in Aus on a student visa, still waiting for my 176.. So it shouldn't be a problem. Hope it helped, cheers.

And guys no movement yet with 176, or other FS categories. Sincerely hoping for something positive soon :)

Hi Gagan,

Hi,

You can definitely apply for your wife's student visa and your current 176 will remain intact. Even you may apply for student visa and still your 176 application will remain in effect and moreover spouse of student shall be granted with full time work visa till the duration of course.

Once you are granted PR on 176, you or your wife may continue to be a student or not, that shall be your choice. But moving to australia on student visa is very costly affair. Whoever is enrolling for course, will have to appear for IELTS (academic) and depending on university where you will apply, scores in each module will differ. Some might ask for 6.5 in each module while some for 7 in each. If you have your agent and he works in education sector too for australia, he may guide you well. you may check with him.

Suggest that you enroll for PG course which shall be in high demand. Because in case you do not get your PR through 176 (looking at current indecisive scenario), atleast you will be in strong position to take the route of your PG degree.

Hi,

You can definitely apply for your wife's student visa and your current 176 will remain intact. Even you may apply for student visa and still your 176 application will remain in effect and moreover spouse of student shall be granted with full time work visa till the duration of course.

Once you are granted PR on 176, you or your wife may continue to be a student or not, that shall be your choice. But moving to australia on student visa is very costly affair. Whoever is enrolling for course, will have to appear for IELTS (academic) and depending on university where you will apply, scores in each module will differ. Some might ask for 6.5 in each module while some for 7 in each. If you have your agent and he works in education sector too for australia, he may guide you well. you may check with him.

Suggest that you enroll for PG course which shall be in high demand. Because in case you do not get your PR through 176 (looking at current indecisive scenario), atleast you will be in strong position to take the route of your PG degree.

Thanks Abhay,

But my scenario is different. I applied for onshore fs 487 in may 2010 (which is not far to be opened) and I am working full time in Australia. They've completed till Dec 09 and I beleive our turn (onshore fs) is not that far, once they start.....

Only problem is my wife can't join me (aprt from coming on tourist visa for 3 months)

Hi Dyanne,

I can't help smiling reading your post. Good to see that you are still high spirited.

As for me, it's almost a 5 year wait, and still waiting.

Best wishes to us both, and everyone who is still waiting...

Hi Dyanne, a tired person,

Its really been a long wait for all of us. Lets think positive. Maybe the end is really just round the corner. If any of us 176FS gets contacted by co, I would be so excited.

5 years and 3 months....and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

Wow, I thought I have waited long enough, but you all have waited longer...

Mine was 176, May 2009, 4 years and 10 months.

Stay positive... waiting and waiting and waiting... is still better than a downright rejection!

Archived