New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You said you called also on Friday. Did you think that something had changed during weekend? Maybe you refer to the same call, I don't know.

Anyway, the information they gave you seems to be coherent to what they have in the allocation table, meaning the department is not currently allocating applications for FS. I imagine the guys at the other end of the call as being like workers in the call-center. They have a script and they stick to it.

Don't forget that in the first part of allocation table they put also this information: "If you have applied for a visa that is not currently being processed (these are marked with an * in the table below) please do not contact the department to inquire about the progress of your application. When processing resumes you will be contacted when your application is allocated".

As long as they have this information public, I don't expect they will publicly say anything else.

I still hope and trust the source of Gagan, that they will resume FS this April. Maybe they will work in silent without any official information, not to create additional false expectations.

Yes there is 1 change between my Friday and Monday call. The allocation table got updated saying all 175 allocated. That was the only reason I called them again.

I wish everyone good luck and speedy grant.

The only chance any 496 or 176 will get processed this year is if they increase the quota. I have not seen any such announcement.

Hey man, you are talking about "increasing" quota which implies the existing quota (although much smaller compared to non FS categories, but not zero) should have either been already exhausted or about to be. My point is, however little it may be, there's some quota allocated to our category this year, and as far as I remember since the beginning of this financial year (which is July 2013), there hasn't been any movement in FS categories, so the little quota we have should be intact shouldn't it?? I may be wrong, and I may not have noticed some movement if there was any with 886 in the beginning months, but other FS categories haven't moved a bit since beginning of financial year, and as many have pointed out in this forum that the DIBP apparently tends to usually process FS in the last few months of the financial year. So may be there'll be some allocation? Hope!!

Frankly, no body knows anything, and don't believe any predictions from any source until the immigration department announces it. So far, from expe of this thread, only Gagan is dependable becasue he does not mislead and although sometimes things don't happen according to what he says his source tells him, but that is due to the reason that what the immi guys plan and then actually do is two different things. And, frankly, most of what he has said about all other classes have been almost near the mark but nothing anyone has predicted about FS has ever come true - probably because they have just put us in the deepest of the deepest part of Hell where no one goes and so given the lowest visa places each year and will only increase the number when all others are done, and there have been just too many pending for our turn to come.

even many 866FS are still waiting, (I think?) so the off shores have to wait more, but luckly, with fewer new applications than in the past and many cat 5s already done, logically our turn should come.

till then, we remain rotting in hell ....

i believe the same. As they allocated 885 and then 175 which are offshore. So now it should be 886 first before they proceed to start allocating 176. That will make sense. I don't want to disappoint anyone but I wish everyone get their files allocated this year. Good luck guys.

Hey man, you are talking about "increasing" quota which implies the existing quota (although much smaller compared to non FS categories, but not zero) should have either been already exhausted or about to be. My point is, however little it may be, there's some quota allocated to our category this year, and as far as I remember since the beginning of this financial year (which is July 2013), there hasn't been any movement in FS categories, so the little quota we have should be intact shouldn't it?? I may be wrong, and I may not have noticed some movement if there was any with 886 in the beginning months, but other FS categories haven't moved a bit since beginning of financial year, and as many have pointed out in this forum that the DIBP apparently tends to usually process FS in the last few months of the financial year. So may be there'll be some allocation? Hope!!

there have been grants for 176FS but in higher category like Cat 3. however, they have had to wait longer than others in 176 SS or !&5 in their category, I have seen it in other threads like: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109457-hr-applicants-where-you-now.html. so FS have been allocated and more will follow as July approaches, in the past, they have allocated more than 10 thousand FS visas instead of the 4200 quota, but they don't announce it. it is only when the year end and they have to publish what they did the last year that we get to know of the increase. they can't officially say it as that would mean they have to follow it and and they can't be sure about the extra places they have untill the end so they don't commit.

Hopefully, our turn will come, some will see probably grants before July, at least a few 866FS should, and then next year it just HAS TO be us because there are now not many left in Cat 5. and they do have the intention of clearing Cat 5 because they have been doinf so, they just can't process some and leave others, so at least the Cap and cease issue we were scared of is not going to arise.

keep up the spirits, prayers and just wait....

I went back to previous pages of this thread from april 2013 onwards, they started allocating to 886 fs by end of march last yr so hopefully they can start now so that same will happen this yr. :)

Last year goverment and this year goverment are different.

If you go to this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

You can see the figures of the different visa issued and it should give you an idea of how many extra places they gave each year to FS from the official number of visas announced. Family Sponsored now means Australian Skilled Sponsored (correct me if I am wrong) and the figures for it over the years have been

Skilled Australian sponsored7 (2008–09) 10 504 (2009–10) 3688 (2010–11) 9117 (2011–12) 11 800 (2012–13) 8132

Let’s not be pessimistic, no matter how disappointed we are, and think that the new government would be different. So far, there have not been any changes since the elections, and if anything, things have been better for us because so many Cat 5s have moved, 175 is done a long way and onshore have moved very fast. So if they had to change anything they would have done so before. I feel they would like to clear the backlog as it is a headache they have inherited from the last government and all the major changes for skilled immigration, i.e. skill select were made by the last government.

Currently, they are more concerned about curbing illegal immigrants.

Hi guys my visa was granted this afternoon. :jiggy:Finally, after 4 years and 10 months of waiting. Thank you so much to every single one of you on this forum who has in one way or another provided encouragement and support. Please never lose hope, I remember the times I felt so down when I did not see any movement on 175, but they started and finished. The department seems to have the intent to give us what they rightfully should and I wish everyone the best of luck with a speedy grant!! I pray all of you get to Australia asap! God bless!

Hi guys my visa was granted this afternoon. :jiggy:Finally, after 4 years and 10 months of waiting. Thank you so much to every single one of you on this forum who has in one way or another provided encouragement and support. Please never lose hope, I remember the times I felt so down when I did not see any movement on 175, but they started and finished. The department seems to have the intent to give us what they rightfully should and I wish everyone the best of luck with a speedy grant!! I pray all of you get to Australia asap! God bless!

Congrats jvkster! Best of luck to your new journey!

I thought they joined our 2 categories this year so there where 20 000 visas, at least that's what I remember from July last year

yes they did and they didn't specify how many visas for FS, the figures i have written are those that were issued visas, and the last two fugures can be compared to the official 4200, and they come to about double the planned figures so I am trying to say that they will increase, at least they should

And very swift grant too cos you submitted your stuff on 27th only! Congrats and good luck, and do drop in once in a while and update about how you are settling in. and give tips. Cheers!

Congratulation to Jvkstr on your visa grant, All the best for your move to Australia.....

HELP:

Can I still convert by 176FS Sept 2009 into a state sponsored 176? I know it was supposed to end by December 2012 but if anyone has any idea please tell because I have found my profession on a state sponsored list and filing a new application means news assessment of Vetassess, Ielts, besides the fee for the new application. Any suggestions pls?

Arshad,

Did you find out that if you are able to convert to state sponsored 176? Bcos I'm planning on doing the same thing.

I could not do it because, strangely enough, my occupation was on the ACT state sponsored new list that said on the website that it would be implimented from Feb 24th and it was open, but when Feb 24th arrived, it had closed written in front of the occupation. And i didn't get any confirmation from anywhere about if i could do it or not. I only did an initial research that gave me no answers. I

f you can do it, go for it, and from your signature i can see that you have done IELTS and applied for Vetassess, so you have already done half the work, go for it and good luck! it is better than waiting for 176FS.....

Hi Arshad,

I received an email similar to Dyanne received from DIAC in July 2012 informing that my occupation has been dropped from SOL list effective from 1st July 2012. Part of the email as follows:

"If you have obtained either a state or territory nomination, or have obtained sufficient points to meet the pass mark for a Skilled Independent visa and meet the other eligibility requirements, you should email a completed Form 1022 to*gsm.documents@immi.gov.aunotifying GSM of a change to your visa application category. Upon receipt of this form, the department will confirm your change of visa application category."

I do not know if its going to work, apply SS then fill in form 1022 to update them of the changes but I am banking on this last hope. It is the least I can do instead of sitting and wait. I shall update if it is successful. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Guys,

I have good news......

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank you lord and pomsinoz. Finally, Visa Granted just today. Submitted last document just yesterday. Can't believe it. Cloud 9 now.....

Archived