New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing for 885 :(

The tables below list lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers. You can use this information to determine when your GSM application will be allocated and to prepare your application for assessment. This information was last updated on 21 March 2013.

Effective 1 July 2012, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect the new priority processing arrangements.

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]189 Skilled – Independent [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Within 10 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]190 Skilled - Nominated[/TD]

[TD]Within 5 weeks of lodgement [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]489 Skilled - Regional[/TD]

[TD]Within 5 weeks of lodgement [/TD]

[TD]Within 10 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]175 Skilled – Independent [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]21 May 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]176 Skilled – Sponsored [/TD]

[TD]Within 6 weeks of an approved nomination[/TD]

[TD]Allocation not commenced*[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]Allocation not commenced* [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 July 2007* [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]885 Skilled – Independent [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]20 May 2010[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD]5 March 2009** [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored (paper)[/TD]

[TD]1 February 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD]5 March 2009** [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (paper)

[/TD]

[TD]5 March 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Priority 4 is now complete so next is our turn guys. I am hoping before this financial year ends VC885 to be completed till dec 2010.

lets keep up the good thought!!!! hopefully 885 get some movement in the coming weeks

Back log of cat 4 has been cleared now, let see how efficient DIAC going to be in clearing CAT 5

Priority 4 is now complete so next is our turn guys. I am hoping before this financial year ends VC885 to be completed till dec 2010.

"Priority Group 5 – lodged within two weeks of the dates listed in the in the Allocation table above (subclasses 487 and 886 only)"

I read this as good news for G5 FS but not for 885 as they are not encouraged to front load their checks, it looks like they are going to process more FS applicants until they catch up with 885 applicants

"Priority Group 5 – lodged within two weeks of the dates listed in the in the Allocation table above (subclasses 487 and 886 only)"

I read this as good news for G5 FS but not for 885 as they are not encouraged to front load their checks, it looks like they are going to process more FS applicants until they catch up with 885 applicants

If your application is in one of the categories listed below, ensure all relevant information and required supporting documentation has been provided to the department, including undertaking any outstanding health and character clearances before your application is allocated:

• Priority Group 3

• Priority Group 4 – lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above

• Priority Group 5 – lodged within two weeks of the dates listed in the in the Allocation table above (subclasses 487 and 886 only)

• Priority Exempt – lodged within three months of the dates listed in the Priority Exempt table above.

If your application is in one of the categories listed below, ensure all relevant information and required supporting documentation has been provided to the department, including undertaking any outstanding health and character clearances before your application is allocated:

• Priority Group 3

• Priority Group 4 – lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above

• Priority Group 5 – lodged within two weeks of the dates listed in the in the Allocation table above (subclasses 487 and 886 only)

• Priority Exempt – lodged within three months of the dates listed in the Priority Exempt table above.

Sam, I saw that and I think you have a point there! Feel sorry for fellow-885 applicants (includes me) but that's how it reads as per the new update!

• Priority Group 3

The CO hasn't ask for my Medical and PCC yet, Do you think is it a good idea to provide them without any asking?

REgards,

Parissa

175-G5- Lodged Feb 2008

CO allocated: Oct:2012

885 is too far ahead, should let others catch up. It's fairer this way... But nothing is fair these days...

Not sure how valid is it to compare subclasses and the catching game as the respective applicants have a set of criteria's which they must have fulfilled based on their skills! ............................God bless Cat5

The CO hasn't ask for my Medical and PCC yet, Do you think is it a good idea to provide them without any asking?

REgards,

Parissa

175-G5- Lodged Feb 2008

CO allocated: Oct:2012

Sorry for replying so late ,

I am from India and Co was allocated to me on 2nd November 2012.Because my blood pressure was high during my medical ,it was referred to MOC. Finally i was granted visa on 30th Jan 2013.I provided my pcc in advance but went for medical after co allocation.

Sorry for replying so late ,

I am from India and Co was allocated to me om on 2 November 2012.Because my blood pressure was high during my medical .it was referred to MOC.Finally i was granted visa on 30th Jan 2013.I provided my pcc in advance but went for medical after co allocation.

I'm happy to give my PCC. When did the CO ask for your Medical?? I'm so confused. My lawyer wrote a letter to the CO. Didn't reply properly. Normal and usual reply. Do you think If I give mine is going to proceed my case? when dod you apply? are you 175?

Cheerz

Parisa

I'm happy to give my PCC. When did the CO ask for your Medical?? I'm so confused. My lawyer wrote a letter to the CO. Didn't reply properly. Normal and usual reply. Do you think If I give mine is going to proceed my case? when dod you apply? are you 175?

Cheerz

Parisa

Co asked me for my medical in the very first e-mail which i received from him when he was allocated to me on 2nd November 2012.Yes I am 175 VE applicant and I applied On 24th June 2008 as a teacher.Now I have arrived to Australia on 9th March.You r from which country parissa?

If u don't mind can i ask what has ur CO asked u to submit till now and what is ur busy doing with since November.

She asked for updated Form 80, and as our situation has been chenged, she asked for some payslips and many other documets that the translation in Australia costs us $3000 AUD..... She asked October and we gave her everything. Since then we are waiting for her to ask Medical and PCC which would be the last steps. THe Laywer Reckons we are in Security check..... He Send e-mail to the CO and she replyed your application is under process. I'm So tired and Confused since 2008. :( Waiting everyday for CO to ask us MEdical and PCC.......

I'm From Iran...

By the way, Congratulation on your visa :) Pray for us :D

there is no time waste if you wait until Co allocation, its only going to take you 2 weeks maximum to provide all checks required unless police check in your country takes longer to be issued.

I frontloaded all my checks last year and they are already expired now, now I have to redo them again as Co was allocate 3 days ago. was a waste of money... but still its your own call especially when you know allocation coming to you for sure in the near future. good luck

Table indicating that only group5 left to process....all higher priority groups are allocated..if any new application come that will take min 5 week for group 3 and max 10 week for groups 4 this show they will have only group 5 to process.

Archived