New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello

I have applied visa subclass 176 (family sponsored) in Dec 2009 and still today I did not get any update. Can someone please give me any feedback? Thanks

176 applications haven't resumed yet. 175 applications have resumed but reached only till May 2008 so you are atleast looking a waiting time of another 2-3 years.. But this is just my opinion.

All the information is in below link. It gets updated once every fortnight so just keep a watch on this.

No one else can advise anything else more than this.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

guys any ideas wat's going on with 885 are they processing it or not. So desperated applied in august 2010 can't see any improvement

You do realise that there thousands of ONSHORE 886 people who applied in 2009 and are still waiting for allocation of CO ????

You ever wonder how desperate they would be after waiting for 4 years in most of the cases ???

Please just hold on to your breath and your number will come.

hi ricky, i am 176 family sponsored may 2011 applicant. do i need to submit EOI or not as i have applied before may 2012?? my meds were finalized on aug 2011 and till then no update from diac. any ideas what to do?

If you are in category 5, I think you will have to wait a while, maybe earliest in the end of the next financial year (mid 2014) if things go the way they are going, unless the places for FS are increased. 176 FS Cat 5 has not started as yet

hi ricky, i am 176 family sponsored may 2011 applicant. do i need to submit EOI or not as i have applied before may 2012?? my meds were finalized on aug 2011 and till then no update from diac. any ideas what to do?

EOI means new application..contact a lawyer as I aint one

Thanks very much Ricky...Looks like its gonna be a long long wait.

Thanks for the link as well.

176 applications haven't resumed yet. 175 applications have resumed but reached only till May 2008 so you are atleast looking a waiting time of another 2-3 years.. But this is just my opinion.

All the information is in below link. It gets updated once every fortnight so just keep a watch on this.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

If you are in category 5, I think you will have to wait a while, maybe earliest in the end of the next financial year (mid 2014) if things go the way they are going, unless the places for FS are increased. 176 FS Cat 5 has not started as yet

Hi Arshad,

I am in Cat 5, FS 176 applied in May 2009..any idea or guess when can i have a CO ??

By end of 2014 176 gonna get clear 175 much earlier.

Wow 2014. . . sure hope that end 2014 is when the last 176 FS application gets processed. Am hoping that they start 176 FS this financial year (maybe april...).

Any idea when the oldest 176 FS (priority 5) application was submitted. Would just give an indication of when I stand a chance once 176 FS do start . . .

My Timeline: 176 - FS, Management Consultant (Priority 5), Submitted on 18 Nov 2009, Online, High Risk

Wow 2014. . . sure hope that end 2014 is when the last 176 FS application gets processed. Am hoping that they start 176 FS this financial year (maybe april...).

Any idea when the oldest 176 FS (priority 5) application was submitted. Would just give an indication of when I stand a chance once 176 FS do start . . .

My Timeline: 176 - FS, Management Consultant (Priority 5), Submitted on 18 Nov 2009, Online, High Risk

Mid 2007 I would say would be for earliest 176 applicants.

I am 176FS - lodged Feb 2008 . Even I was expecting 176FS to start processing this year? GAGAN as per your source of information I assumed 176FS would start processing in April 2013. Have you heard of any new updates or changers. Please share. Thanks !

one more year it is really frustrating, i was in cat 4 at that time but they removed chemist from sol in june 2012 and now i am in cat 5. i don't understand family sponsored applicants have good chances to settle there quickly compared to independent,why they kept low visa places for family sponsored?

anyway thanks god bless all waiting applicants

By end of 2014 176 gonna get clear 175 much earlier.

hi gagan

i am 176 family sponsored applicant 2011 may.

can u tell they are allocating co randomly or they follow exact date of application. i have seen in few categories some applicants have got co before their time line while prior applicants dont.

Hi Arshad,

I am in Cat 5, FS 176 applied in May 2009..any idea or guess when can i have a CO ??

176 has not even started, we all are hoping that they do process some cases at least before july 2013, which most probably will be mainly 2008 applicants, how they go about processing the rest of the cases can't be guessed because the immi guys come up with all kinds of surprises. My own personal 'optimistic guess' which can be different from reality, is that you should get a CO in less than a year's time, hopefully in 2013, but this is my own wishful thinking, I am Sept 2009.... Gagan can give a better idea, PM him!

Archived