New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

does anyone knows is it possible to get Tourist visa for russia when we r holding bridging visa? On indian Passport?

It has nothing to do with Australia.you have to apply for Russian tourist visa ,It's up tO Russian embassy to grant you a visa or not.Make sure you attatch as many supportive documents.If you want to make your case stronger buy a return ticket to Russia and attach it with your documents with return date.it will make your case stronger as they will know that you will come back to Australia.Rest describe them your purpose of visit,write all the points of your purpose to visit to Russia.Show them bank statement that you have enough funds to support yourself during your break in Russia.Attatch as much documents as you can.if they reject your visa then your CO will ask you the reason when you PR file of Australia will be opened.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NO....

still waiting.

Welcome to the club! So much for 'in date order'. I applied December 2008! What a shambles it has turned out to be. At least if they had told me it is going to be some 3 years + I would have been prepared, but at the time I was told it would be 6-12 MONTHS! What a joke!! Not really on that they expect you to put your life on hold for that long, especially as it is only a temporary 475 visa I'm waiting for. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a PR at least there is some guarantee there.

Welcome to the club! So much for 'in date order'. I applied December 2008! What a shambles it has turned out to be. At least if they had told me it is going to be some 3 years + I would have been prepared, but at the time I was told it would be 6-12 MONTHS! What a joke!! Not really on that they expect you to put your life on hold for that long, especially as it is only a temporary 475 visa I'm waiting for. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a PR at least there is some guarantee there.

Yeh it's a long time..Most probably your wait will be over soon...let's see tomm,it will be a big day for Cat 5 as we will get an updated allocation table tomm..good luck every one.hope for positive news

Talked with DIAC operator today who confirmed nomination(Form1100) issue has been sorted out on 28 June by approving Off-List Nomination.

File has been batched for CO and would expect to get assigned within 2/3 weeks.

Hope for the best

Talked with DIAC operator today who confirmed nomination(Form1100) issue has been sorted out on 28 June by approving Off-List Nomination.

File has been batched for CO and would expect to get assigned within 2/3 weeks.

Hope for the best

Congrats buddy, at last u r back in the waiting zone

Something came to my mind while reading this and hope someone can clearify it. the number of visa available for Family sponsored skill migration is 4200 under the 2012-2013 quota, does it mean that it includes FS applicants under 475 and 176 both? i don't think it should be because 176 is a PR visa while 475 is a temporary visa that can be converted to PR after certain requirements are fulfilled. any ideas? thanks....

Hi

We have applied for a 175 as a Quantity Surveyor in June but i'm a but confused where we are on the priority list. We are on the skilled occupation list schedule 1 but I'm not sure if we are in priority group 3,4 or 5. Can anyone help?

Hi

We have applied for a 175 as a Quantity Surveyor in June but i'm a but confused where we are on the priority list. We are on the skilled occupation list schedule 1 but I'm not sure if we are in priority group 3,4 or 5. Can anyone help?

You are in Priority 4.

There is no priority 3 in your visa subclass.

Cheers

Good luck everyone,we will get updated allocation table today.Lets see whats for priority 5.I hope we will hear some good news about priority 5 offshore family sponsored..good luck everyone .hang In there and stay positive.:wink:

Yes, I'm afraid Family sponsored covers both visa 475 and 176 - so the 4,200 places will be shared by both. Let us just hope they will be fair when it comes to allocation and actually use date order. As I mentioned previously, after waiting for over 3 years, like so many others, DIAC should have a heart and convert the 475 visas to 176 visas. I think that is the least they can do. Anyway, fingers crossed for the next update. Good Luck all who are waiting :hug:

File has been batched for CO and would expect to get assigned within 2/3 weeks.So

Hope for the best

so what they are saying is that they will accept the form 1100 which were sent late by the regional board.

Hi everyone. I think it is the time to do my AFP. Please advise the correct amount for AFP. Thanks

$42

[h=2]Fees[/h]The fees for National Police Checks and related services are:

• $42.00 for each National Police Check application from a government department or an individual.

• $42.00 for each National Police Check application from a non-government organisation (eg: commercial entities like brokers, migration agents etc)

• $139.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application, where fingerprints are taken and processed by the AFP.

• $99.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application where fingerprints are supplied to the AFP on application.

Does anyone know that how many days ,months or years after being alloted a CO they contact you for medicals and clearances ???
mine also same my application further processed for3weeks.no one contact me till

Guest sura7667

still no news from afp cert.. i dont know whats goin on? try to contact them.waited 1.5 hours on phone just to get disconnected at the end without any sucess.nw even there land line doesnt wk, anyone got AFP this week?

Guest sura7667

still no news from afp cert.. i dont know whats goin on? try to contact them.waited 1.5 hours on phone just to get disconnected at the end without any sucess.nw even their land line doesnt wk, anyone got AFP this week?

Good luck everyone,we will get updated allocation table today.Lets see whats for priority 5.I hope we will hear some good news about priority 5 offshore family sponsored..good luck everyone .hang In there and stay positive.:wink:

I would have expected you to have a CO allocated by now. Really strange. I have seen a few Sep & Oct applicants already been allocated CO and granted PR as well. Did you call DIAC. What did they say about CO allocation ?

Archived