ANMC /ANMAC nursing skills assessment processing times

Guest fearnie

Guest fearnie

Has anyone recently had their skills assessment back from ANMAC / ANMC? I submitted everything 16 weeks ago and I am still waiting.:mask:

Has anyone recently had their skills assessment back from ANMAC / ANMC? I submitted everything 16 weeks ago and I am still waiting.:mask:

Still waiting for mine too!!

Getting on a bit now!

Donna xx

Yep, still waiting for my full assessment. I'm into week 14 this week. That July 1st deadline is creeping nearer for my visa too!

I can't believe they have put the prices of the skills assessment up because DIAC have changed the visa criteria as well. What difference does that make??? I'm sure they are just making it up as they go along.

:frown:

Just a quick question!

Does anyone know if the ANMAC online assessment status says- Application approved does that mean the assessment is complete?

Regards

Hi I'm assuming it does mean that. My status says application in progress. Did u apply for the full or modified assessment?

Hi I'm assuming it does mean that. My status says application in progress. Did u apply for the full or modified assessment?

I applied for the full assessment. I completed the online application in march and they received the documents I sent 18th April. The other documents never arrived, so I had to get them re sent. I received an email yesterday from the ANMAC saying they were waiting on one document before they could complete my assessment.

Logged in today to check my status and it says application complete.

It has been a stressful couple of months

• 4 weeks later...
Guest philjomoore

Hi I sent off my application for the full assessment in April and I am still waiting, on login it says in progress so fingers crossed it wont take much longer! Although I had to get the IELTS results sent three times as each time they did not recieve it, thank goodness they have everything now! Good luck people and hope it happens fast xx

Hi I sent off my application for the full assessment in April and I am still waiting, on login it says in progress so fingers crossed it wont take much longer! Although I had to get the IELTS results sent three times as each time they did not recieve it, thank goodness they have everything now! Good luck people and hope it happens fast xx

My full assessment took 16 weeks overall. I emailed Mark Braybrook several times in the process. On my final email stating the above waiting time he said he couldn't promise that it would be approved that week, probably nxt week. Then I got another email 7hrs after contacting him saying that it had been approved and that the letter of determination would follow. Still waiting for that lol. Basically, he's the only one processing the international assessments, so its probs sat in a big pile like mine was.

Do you need your visa application in before 1st July or are you ok with new points system? As I think this is another reason there has been such a huge back log of applications!

I also started a thread called "ANMC blues" which may have some more useful info for you to look at regarding application waiting times. :cute:

• 6 months later...
Guest jhutton
Still waiting for mine too!!

Getting on a bit now!

Donna xx

I am a rgn and nidwife attempting to go to work and live in perth.Can you please help me out.Do I have to complete a skills assessment even after I have conformation frpm AHPRA.How much is the skills assessment and do you know the web address.I thought registration with AHPRA was enough.I am getting tired of the full proceedure.I had been offerred sponsorship for the 457 but am a bit wary incase I do not get permanent residency and do not want to work full time for a long period.Any help would be appreciated.

Guest coldtootsies

Jhutton I am a nurse and midwife too looking to move to perth...i havent put any applications in anywhere yet i am so confused!! do i have to do an IELTS THEN a modified/full assessment THEN apply to the NMBA THEN apply for visa??

Guest jhutton
The modified assessment is if you're already registered with AHPRA

Thanks for you reply.Do you think I should go ahead with modified application although registration not back yet.Also AHPR say I dont require IELTS and there is a small qoute in asteris on skills assessment form that makes me think I dont require it for there also.Can you please give me any help.:arghh:

Guest Nickyjrowland

Hi,

I submitted mine and had confirmation they had received it on 22nd October 2011, an email on 1st Jan said they hadnt received my verification of registration but NMC were brilliant and emailed it to case officer within a few days, I then had email yesterday from my case officer at ANMAC to say my application was now at top of pile and a further email later in day to say it was complete and I would get my letter of determination shortly. Have you had an email from a case officer at ANMAC to say they have received your application?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jhutton

If you get registered with ahpra then you are only required to do modified skills assessment with anmac and thus do not need to do ielts as long as all education in english and have a uk passport.but you may still have to do ielts if you require the points for sponsorship to get visa.i need the points as i dont get many for my age.sorry i took so long to answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jhutton

Hi I was going to apply for modified assessment when registration from APRA came through but it is taking a while.When applying for skills assessment do you complete on line but send documents via courier?Is it correct that I then get APRA to verify to ANMAC that I am registered?I MIGHT BE AS WELL APPLYING FOR FULL ASSESSMENT.

Guest Nickyjrowland

Hi JHutton,

Yes you do apply online and they then email you a completed copy of your application form for you to print off and get signed by yourself and the person certifying your documents (cheaper to do this at magistrates court than use a notary). I then sent mine by royal mail to be signed for to the Canberra address and it got there no problems rather than use courier. If you are applying for full assessment then you don't need to get AHPRA to verify that you are registered with them but you do have to get your current registering body I.e NMC in UK to send verification of registration direct to them.

How long have you been waiting for AHPRA? I sent my application off yesterday :) it might be worth checking with AHPRA how long your application is going to take before submitting full assessment to ANMAC because a) it costs more and b) I think it currently takes longer than modified assessment.

Hope that helps

Nicky

Guest jhutton

I have bee waiting about 7 weeks for APRA but I was asked to send a few documents I had not included which held it up about one week.Do you know if you must do skills assessment for 121 visa and do you know id=f you must stay with employer who sponsors you and for how long.:arghh:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem,i am a bsn nurse who just finished school and i wish to work in australia but i dont know how to go about the immigration process. Should i apply for registration with the ahpra first? Or with anmac. Which process is shorter and cheaper? Please i need a reply thanks

I have a similar problem,i am a bsn nurse who just finished school and i wish to work in australia but i dont know how to go about the immigration process. Should i apply for registration with the ahpra first? Or with anmac. Which process is shorter and cheaper? Please i need a reply thanks

Registration first, if you need a skills assessment it is cheaper to do it after registration.

What is bsn nurse? :biggrin:

You might need to get some experience too if you are just qualified.

Registration first, if you need a skills assessment it is cheaper to do it after registration.

What is bsn nurse? :biggrin:

You might need to get some experience too if you are just qualified.

I am an RN nurse, is it possible to apply to the ANMAC without any working experience:confused:? and thanks for the tip GilraenH

I am an RN nurse, is it possible to apply to the ANMAC without any working experience:confused:? and thanks for the tip GilraenH

Australian nurses complete a 3 year degree programme and then do a graduate year's experience that they must apply for. There is a lot of competition for the posts. Ratchet posted on a thread recently that private hospitals are more likely to take newly qualified nurses than public. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/142421-newly-qualified-nurse.html

Nursing registration in Australia is APHRA.

ANMAC is the body that does skills assessment for nurses migrating under skilled visas.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am new to this forum so forgive me if I have sent this message incorrectly.

I have recently completed the IELTS test and receive my results in 2 days time!! I have all my documents to send to ANMAC but my question was can I apply to both ANMAC and AHPRA at the same time? I just thought this would help save time.

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum so forgive me if I have sent this message incorrectly.

I have recently completed the IELTS test and receive my results in 2 days time!! I have all my documents to send to ANMAC but my question was can I apply to both ANMAC and AHPRA at the same time? I just thought this would help save time.

Thanks

Yes you can.

Archived