Hepatitis c PLEASE HELP!!!!

chippy2019

Hi everyone i am new to this site, i really need some infomation regarding my medicals that i recently had done in manchester. basically my blood test came back positive for hep c, my head is in bits, we have worked so hard for our 176 visa, i just wanted to know if this will affect my visa grant??

many thanks

I dont know much about hep c Im afraid and Im sorry that you found out about this condition in such an unexpected way. Be positive though! We have just had our meds finalised and our son has mild cerebral palsy. People get visas with diabetes, epilepsy and all sorts of conditions that require management through medication. Its important that you deal with this with the right frame of mind, its a condition but it does not mean you cannot live with it. Goodluck.

anyone??????

Chippy

This is very sensitive issue and I doubt it someone will give you advice.

I suggest you contact agent who is expert in handling immigration related medical problems.

One name I suggest is George Lombard in Sydney. Not Expensive, I think between $200- $300

Email to <george@AUSTIMMIGRATION.COM.AU>

website is www.austimmigration.com.au

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
just to let people know that we got issued our visa's yesterday. 2 months after getting referred,

thanks for your replys:biggrin:

Hi Chippy2019, Congratulations... I am just trying to gather more info on Hep C and I found your post. Please can you provide more info. Have you been asked for any treatment for Hep C positive or what happened after the test... Please can you advise as my wife is bit worried though it's not yet confirmed but she is saying she might will have issues with Hep c test.

...Mansawant

• 1 year later...
just to let people know that we got issued our visa's yesterday. 2 months after getting referred,

thanks for your replys:biggrin:

Dear chippy2019, I have similar issue with Hep C. May I please ask you about your experience here or by mail? Thanks in advance, Petr.

• 1 month later...

Those that have undergone the interfon treatment and have cleared the virus, I would say you will be fine.

The hep c footprint will still show in blood test , like many viruses but the pcr test should advice that the actually level of the virus is nil. Therefore you are not suffering from the virus anymore. Blood test results will prove the virus is no longer attacking your liver if treatment was successful, so shouldn't be a issue.

If you are hep c positive and yet to undergo interferon treatment, I would say issues could be there . This is just my opinion on it. This is still a virus that needs better public attention and awareness, shame even many doctors are clueless a out it.

I know someone.who.came back positive for.hepatitis c. I think he needed a letter fromhis doctor to.say he started treatment here and aslongas he attended a clinic within a week of landing they approved his visa

I confirm the same, a friend of mine passed the medicals with positive hepatitis C, so good luck mate.

Edit: His doctor confirmed that he is under medication and the virus is controlled, and I know for sure that he passed his medicals as he is already here :)

How do you get Hep C ?

​Is it through Gay Sex or sharing needles ? Are there any other ways ?

It's through contact with infected blood only, AFAIK - not other bodily fluids as in AIDS.

So a blood transfusion before Hep C was detected...or even using the toothbrush of someone who had a bleeding gum could cause infection.

Thanks for the replies so far. So it means that if some one can get a letter with reports from the doctor that the virus is under control and no more damaging would be fine. Further i need to ask do we need to send these letter to CO as well plus need to show at the medical place ?

• 2 months later...

hi guys sorry for the late reply. my immune system actually cleared the virus by itself. 5% chance of this happening. so I count my blessings as been really lucky. I was granted my visa before I had all the test done. we are now in oz living our dream. thanks for the well wishes

regards chippy

Archived