The Sold Sign Is Finally Up

gilliantay

Well, the house went under offer a few weeks back but there were a few things that had to be ironed out........................................

A visitor today pointed out that a 'sold' sticker had been plastered over the 'for sale' board..........so I take that to mean that the few things have now been ironed out !!!

So, we move out in 9 weeks.......................................better get my skates on and start planning who, what, why, where and when................

Started sorting out things today - 3 drawers in and gave up - can't quite believe the amount of 'junk' we have gathered in the space of 2 and a bit years..............

Isn't it just the way............have met some rather lovely people this past few weeks and I can see that by moving just that bit further into civilisation, I could actually have a life here.................................................

As I have been saying of late.....................just call me confused.com

Isn't it just the way............have met some rather lovely people this past few weeks and I can see that by moving just that bit further into civilisation, I could actually have a life here.................................................

O ohhhh dont forget, it's never too late to change your mind, ping ponging is VERY expensive

All the best Metoo

199924_10150166879004808_523029807_8206474_4968312_n.jpg

Yey my sold sign is up, notice the graffiti! and this in Australia where there is no petty crime (nod nod wink wink). its funny I did say to my wife that it wont seem right until we get 'Tagged' and low and behold we get tagged on the Friday - sold on the Saturday :-)

Guest guest36762
Well, the house went under offer a few weeks back but there were a few things that had to be ironed out........................................

A visitor today pointed out that a 'sold' sticker had been plastered over the 'for sale' board..........so I take that to mean that the few things have now been ironed out !!!

So, we move out in 9 weeks.......................................better get my skates on and start planning who, what, why, where and when................

Started sorting out things today - 3 drawers in and gave up - can't quite believe the amount of 'junk' we have gathered in the space of 2 and a bit years..............

Hi Gill

good luck back 'ome

your decision is made, stick to it FFS and NEVER CONTEMPLATE COMING BACK!

O ohhhh dont forget, it's never too late to change your mind, ping ponging is VERY expensive

All the best Metoo

Yes there are other places than Lara to live.! Enjoy your return home though Gillian. Hope it goes well

Hi Gill

good luck back 'ome

your decision is made, stick to it FFS and NEVER CONTEMPLATE COMING BACK!

And take Dom with you:laugh:..........only joking Dom, this country would go down the gurgler without you I'm sure:biggrin:

Yes there are other places than Lara to live.! Enjoy your return home though Gillian. Hope it goes well

Lara - a necessity at the start.........you know how it goes......son settled into school, OH finds employment - they become settled and it becomes harder to move them away from that (seeing as I was the one to drag them here in the 1st place)....................

It would be so easy to move somewhere else here, but to be honest, my heart is just not in it anymore........shame.........................but I cannot complain, it has been one hell of an adventure.....................

I hope moving back goes well too...................................I am sure it will

And take Dom with you:laugh:..........only joking Dom, this country would go down the gurgler without you I'm sure:biggrin:

Methinks that his wife and my OH would have something to say about that..............No, he can stay here and keep rattling everyone's cage..............

Guest guest36762
Lara - a necessity at the start.........you know how it goes......son settled into school, OH finds employment - they become settled and it becomes harder to move them away from that (seeing as I was the one to drag them here in the 1st place)....................

It would be so easy to move somewhere else here, but to be honest, my heart is just not in it anymore........shame.........................but I cannot complain, it has been one hell of an adventure.....................

I hope moving back goes well too...................................I am sure it will

I too don't buy into this idea of trying out a different area

Fine if you're young free and single (:cry:) but faced with the idea when you've got little kids, TBH I just couldn't be arsed. I'd just go home instead.

Sorry folks that isn't going to happen any time soon:wink::chatterbox:

Fabulous news, Gill! I didnt realize Lara was like that - some of the inlaws live there and seem quite happy (but anything has to be a step up from Ballarat, right? LOL)

I'm with Dom, this notion of moving about the countryside in search of utopia is a big waste of time and money IMHO - at the end of the day you are still in Australia:biglaugh:

Fabulous news, Gill! I didnt realize Lara was like that - some of the inlaws live there and seem quite happy (but anything has to be a step up from Ballarat, right? LOL)

I'm with Dom, this notion of moving about the countryside in search of utopia is a big waste of time and money IMHO - at the end of the day you are still in Australia:biglaugh:

Everytime I think of Lara, I can't help but think of some old western movie.....now I know it isn't really like that but...................................

2 good friends have just moved back to Perth WA from Melbourne and it has cost them so much money - I can get 3 adult flights and my shipping back to the UK for what it has cost them to go interstate.......................explain that one ?

Believe me, I have tossed around the idea of moving nearer to......away from....but at the end of the day, I know in my heart of hearts that it would just be a complete waste of money and the agony would just be prolonged for that bit longer...........just not worth it........................

Everytime I think of Lara, I can't help but think of some old western movie.....now I know it isn't really like that but...................................

2 good friends have just moved back to Perth WA from Melbourne and it has cost them so much money - I can get 3 adult flights and my shipping back to the UK for what it has cost them to go interstate.......................explain that one ?

Believe me, I have tossed around the idea of moving nearer to......away from....but at the end of the day, I know in my heart of hearts that it would just be a complete waste of money and the agony would just be prolonged for that bit longer...........just not worth it........................

Thats how I feel about prolonging the inevitable. I dont see point trying to stay here to see if you settle and after say 3 years you havent changed and them 3 years could have been used settling back home. People will say give it longer that 8 months(length ive been here) isnt long enough but I think 8 months in a place were your not entirely happy is plenty. I still intend to see my years WHV out till its expiry, who knows between now nd then things can change but I doubt it. I will leave sfe in the knowledge that I came to Oz, tried it for a year and returned home better for the experience.

Come on Melbourne is awesome.

Don't know Lara, but Eastern Suburbs where I am are pretty nice.

But really if your heart is in England, you should go back.

Don't think my heart is in England somehow..........try further North :laugh:

Agree with you that Melbourne is a great city though and would not deter anyone from coming over and seeing it for themselves

Come on Melbourne is awesome.

Don't know Lara, but Eastern Suburbs where I am are pretty nice.

But really if your heart is in England, you should go back.

\

I spent lots of time in the greater Geelong area when I was younger, my mum's cousins lived down there, and their children who are my age bought houses in the newer housing estates in Lara quite a while ago. However sometimes home is just home, so it's best to go where your heart is. Parleycross, I too am from the eastern suburbs (thats why I used to call Geoffrey 123 a 'Westie').

Thats how I feel about prolonging the inevitable. I dont see point trying to stay here to see if you settle and after say 3 years you havent changed and them 3 years could have been used settling back home. People will say give it longer that 8 months(length ive been here) isnt long enough but I think 8 months in a place were your not entirely happy is plenty. I still intend to see my years WHV out till its expiry, who knows between now nd then things can change but I doubt it. I will leave sfe in the knowledge that I came to Oz, tried it for a year and returned home better for the experience.

I have been here for over 2 years now - and could tell some stories that would make you laugh and cry.

See out your 1 year WHV - this is a chance in a lifetime that most people can only dream about. As you say, you may find that you actually enjoy it here..............

Wishing you all the best

Archived