gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Fyi

I got an email from Team 13 asking me what I was doing after graduation (five months)?

I replied, that I was unemployed and financially supported by my father.

It was the only question asked.

Any idea, what would happen next?

Should I front load PCC/meds?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline: ACS System Admin: Mar 2012 | Type: 176 | Applied: May 2012 | CO Assigned/ABPF: 30.May.2012 | Med/PCC request: Waitingrolleyes.gif | Med/PCC uploaded: | Med/PCC referred: | Grant: |

Hi,

Fyi

I got an email from Team 13 asking me what I was doing after graduation (five months)?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline: ACS System Admin: Mar 2012 | Type: 176 | Applied: May 2012 | CO Assigned/ABPF: 30.May.2012 | Med/PCC request: Waiting:rolleyes: | Med/PCC uploaded: | Med/PCC referred: | Grant: |

Probably you are nearing medical call. Others who have received some contact from T13 can explain it better. Btw, when did you uploaded Form80 and when was it marked Received ?

@imi,

Bro, I uploaded Form80 and Form1221 along with my application in May 2012. I also talked to my CO earlier this year and he told me that your application is still under routine security checks. My online application status does not show Form80 as an entry.

Hi,

Fyi

Thanks in advance.

Timeline: ACS System Admin: Mar 2012 | Type: 176 | Applied: May 2012 | CO Assigned/ABPF: 30.May.2012 | Med/PCC request: Waiting:rolleyes: | Med/PCC uploaded: | Med/PCC referred: | Grant: |

I was also asked similar queries by Team13 on 6th September 2013..I replied them with attachments on 12th...Still no progress

@imi,

Bro, I uploaded Form80 and Form1221 along with my application in May 2012. I also talked to my CO earlier this year and he told me that your application is still under routine security checks. My online application status does not show Form80 as an entry.

Currently applicants from Jan-June2012 are getting medical calls / grant in no particular order. So it might be matter of 3 to 4 more months til we all get some medical call or grants IMO. So front loading medical or pcc is totally your choice.

Currently applicants from Jan-June2012 are getting medical calls / grant in no particular order. So it might be matter of 3 to 4 more months til we all get some medical call or grants IMO. So front loading medical or pcc is totally your choice.

Totally agree with you. We will be getting grants sooner or later. Its just a matter of time. I believe, it is time for us 176 ppl to research on how we are going to settle into a new country. Things like housing (location and rent), schooling, average monthly cost of living.

I am planning to settle in Sydney.

@all, any idea, which area in Sydney is better to live in? What about Paramatta, Is it a good suburb?

Which area in Sydney has good primary schools?

What is the cost of living for a two bed room flat? Is living in a flat recommended or one should opt to live in a town house/unit?

Sorry for getting to much excited :)

Iam also planning for Sydney. Have not searched much on suburbs which are good for us, but following post from one of our friend fari who got settled in Perth might be useful for you.

**********************************************************************************************************************

I can only tell you about Perth.

-Getting a job here is quite difficult not in the sense that jobs are not there; but for people like us who dont have any local experience and from non english speaking countries its quite difficult. In general there are lot of jobs advertised especially in my field of Human Resource.

-For the money; you must take as much as possible and depends upon how much you have but you should have around 20,000$ to survive for around 6 months without job. I can tell you that getting a home on rent here is a task and I also have a family of four (only one wife and two kids of 5 and 3 months)and I have paid 17 weeks rent in advance and also one month bond (this is not usual as people pay only one month bond and two weeks rent in advance) but because I dont have rent credit history in Australia all of my application for the rental were declined and I was forced to write that I will pay 4 months in advance so the total I pay was 9,450/-$ which is not normal but I was forced to do so. For reasonable car which is very very expensive as compared to Dubai (almost double) and for reasonable car you have to spend around 5,000/-$ but it all depends upon you. Public transport is very expensive and slow here and its better to have a car.

- Till now i did not see any discrimination and the Australian seems to be very nice, polite and caring people and if you ask any thing they try to help you as much as possible. All the government agencies employees like, immigration, medicare, banks etc the people are no nice (totally different from Pakistan or UAE). What I have heard from the people who are living here from long is that they did not face any problem.

- till now I did not face the recruiters who charge and as an HR professional I never face or recommend anybody to go to these kind of people and as per my information there is no such recruiters in Perth like these as it is against the law to take any such money from candidates.

- I recommend ppl if they are living in rented accomodation in their home countries please take a reference letter from you landlord that you were very good tenant and you took very good care of their property and also paid the rent on time with the landlord/real estate email and other contact address.

Till nowI have spent this much amount for your information:

9,450/-$ for home (three bedroom home unfurnished @ 450/- per week)

4,500/- $ (bought hyndai sonata V6 model 2004)

1,000/- $ spent till now approximately on going here and there, taxi which very expensive, movies and other casual hotel dining, pre paid simetc. (please note that I am alone means without family and staying for free with my friends and eating for free and traveling for free most of the time.

500/-$ for my daughter school admission as I secure her enrolment in Australian Islamic College-Perth (its private school and annual tution fee is around 1550 per year and transportation fees is 1200 per year.

- Please note that if you have driving license from Pakistan or UAE which is 3 years old than you can drive up to 3 months and also can buy car without license as well.

- Reference letter and people with the email and phone contact are very important and please try to get reference from your current and previous employer as for job, taking home in rent and for everything so try to get it before you move here on company letter head and if you are not comfortable to get it on your current job than atleast inform somebody from your current company who you trust that you will give his phone number and email address for job reference.

- Please note that the furniture and other stuff like garments and every other thing like electronic items are very expensive here so If you have good stuff back home its better and advisable to bring your stuff in container like what I have done and I spent around 5,000/-$ for shipping all my home stuff from Dubai to Perth which include, LED TV, Hifi system, one master bedroom set, one child bedroom set, leather sofa set, dining table, dining table, kids toys, big books shelf, big crockery shelf, coffee table, carpet, washing machine, dish washing machine, oven, kids bicycle and so many other things which a home have.

Please also note that a good bedroom set cost in Perth is not less than 3000$ and all the other stuff is very expensive unless you want to buy cheap used stuff which will also cost you of the same as new in Pakistan or Dubai.

Buy garments for you and your family for next 1 to 2 years as they are also very very expensive so better to put all in one container and ship it here but it all depends on individual.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Totally agree with you. We will be getting grants sooner or later. Its just a matter of time. I believe, it is time for us 176 ppl to research on how we are going to settle into a new country. Things like housing (location and rent), schooling, average monthly cost of living.

I am planning to settle in Sydney.

@all, any idea, which area in Sydney is better to live in? What about Paramatta, Is it a good suburb?

Which area in Sydney has good primary schools?

What is the cost of living for a two bed room flat? Is living in a flat recommended or one should opt to live in a town house/unit?

Sorry for getting to much excited :)

There is a link on the bottom of this page "Life in Sydney" that has some info about suburbs.

Hi,

Fyi

Thanks in advance.

Did you get Auto Reply or Acknowledgement of receiving the email from Team13..Usually I get Auto Reply from my CO whenever I send email to him..but didn't get any Acknowledgement/Auto Reply from team13

Did you get Auto Reply or Acknowledgement of receiving the email from Team13..Usually I get Auto Reply from my CO whenever I send email to him..but didn't get any Acknowledgement/Auto Reply from team13

yes dude, I got the reply immediately, which was an acknowledgement that my email was received.

if you did not got one, than kindly chk your spam folder

Archived