gr8leo87

Visa Grant

Dear Friends,

Today morning when I woke up at 0600hrs I checked my email like everyday and there was nothing from DIAC, so I sent an email to my CO (from Team 2) asking for update on my application. Just a few minutes back (by the Grace of Allah) I received the grant notification. Initial entry date is 26th March 2014, which is the date of my PCC from UAE. Thanks to all of you for your support all the way and prayers.

Wish everybody waiting gets grant ASAP. Ameen.

I will also InsheAllah write a detailed account of the journey so that somebody looking for information might get some help from that. As, when I started, my case was unique due to my occupation (Health & Safety) and qualifications (BSc Mechanical Engineering) and I was unable to find a similar case on web for guidance.

Thanks again and pleasure is all mine in sharing this lovely news with all of you. The wait of almost two years (i applied for skills assessment in Oct 2011) is over with new challenges ahead, for which I need your prayers and best wishes.

waoo, this is great news my friend. you made my day :yes:

wish you all the best. keep in touch.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Visa Grant

Dear Friends,

Today morning when I woke up at 0600hrs I checked my email like everyday and there was nothing from DIAC, so I sent an email to my CO (from Team 2) asking for update on my application. Just a few minutes back (by the Grace of Allah) I received the grant notification. Initial entry date is 26th March 2014, which is the date of my PCC from UAE. Thanks to all of you for your support all the way and prayers.

I will also InsheAllah write a detailed account of the journey so that somebody looking for information might get some help from that. As, when I started, my case was unique due to my occupation (Health & Safety) and qualifications (BSc Mechanical Engineering) and I was unable to find a similar case on web for guidance.

Thanks again and pleasure is all mine in sharing this lovely news with all of you. The wait of almost two years (i applied for skills assessment in Oct 2011) is over with new challenges ahead, for which I need your prayers and best wishes.

Congrats bro..

Visa Grant

Dear Friends,

Congrats and best luck for your move. Whats was your medical FL date / medical call date. Also whats ur Form 80 received date?

Guys...an Informative update...

I asked my CO about team 13 and the status of my application and here is what he emailed me

Team 13 is now responsible for the administration of character checks.I will request health checks and police clearances from you when team 13 advise me your character checks are complete

It means that team 13 is acting as a bridge between ASIO and DIAC and they are administering the whole SC process.

Guys...an Informative update...

I asked my CO about team 13 and the status of my application and here is what he emailed me

Team 13 is now responsible for the administration of character checks.I will request health checks and police clearances from you when team 13 advise me your character checks are complete

It means that team 13 is acting as a bridge between ASIO and DIAC and they are administering the whole SC process.

Great, so our assumptions were right.

Visa Grant

Dear Friends,

Many congrats Bro wish you best of Luck for future and stay in touch.

One question from friends who got contacted by Team13. Were your Experience requirement and Study requirement showing MET last year when you lodged visa application or was it showing RECEIVED ?

my study requirement was showing met the day CO was assigned (i.e. almost 18 months back). As for my experience requirement, it is not showing in my list.

my study requirement was showing met the day CO was assigned (i.e. almost 18 months back). As for my experience requirement, it is not showing in my list.

my study requirement was met when CO assigned and experience requirement becomes met when i provide them(on CO request some additional documents were provided) along with form 80.

my study requirement was met when CO assigned and experience requirement becomes met when i provide them(on CO request some additional documents were provided) along with form 80.

Ok, so MET in DIAC terms means that they have got the documents, probably. Because if it was already MET, why did they asked some clarifications about employment gaps etc.

However in some cases, its different. My CO did not marked the Form80 MET, unless and until I told her about my employment gaps.

So, probably MET has two perspectives here, however I wont be surprised, if I get contacted by Team13 on employment gaps or any other information again.

Ok, so MET in DIAC terms means that they have got the documents, probably. Because if it was already MET, why did they asked some clarifications about employment gaps etc.

However in some cases, its different. My CO did not marked the Form80 MET, unless and until I told her about my employment gaps.

So, probably MET has two perspectives here, however I wont be surprised, if I get contacted by Team13 on employment gaps or any other information again.

i mentioned my employment gaps as unemployed and they didn't required documents related to employment gaps they asked to provide salary slip etc for additional employment evidences and there was no study gaps.

Just as anticipated, timeline start once CO receives all the documents, not once CO is allocated as the popular belief. So then in my case, I will complete 18months in Dec2013, since all my Docs were set to MET, so it means 3 more months to go atleast.

Post from another forum

I had an interesting conversation regarding this with my CO today. I phoned him to inquire about my application. Well basically what he told me was the processing standards mentioned on the DIAC website (6/12/18 months to process an application) actually start from the time the CO has received all the documents he's asked for. So not from the time you've applied for the visa and not from the time you get a CO assigned.

So, if what he told me is true, which i'm sure it is, your 12 month processing time actually starts from the 19th of November according to your timeline.

Congrats and best luck for your move. Whats was your medical FL date / medical call date. Also whats ur Form 80 received date?

Thanks imi & nuked.

Imi, my medical front load date was 11th Aug and medical call or security check completion date was 2nd Sep 2013. Form 80 I uploaded just after lodging the application i.e. in April 2012.

i mentioned my employment gaps as unemployed and they didn't required documents related to employment gaps they asked to provide salary slip etc for additional employment evidences and there was no study gaps.

Probably T13 review documents again and report any issues in it.

Thanks imi & nuked.

Imi, my medical front load date was 11th Aug and medical call or security check completion date was 2nd Sep 2013. Form 80 I uploaded just after lodging the application i.e. in April 2012.

Thanks for the update. So, it seems 17 months of SC after Form80 was received.

Just as anticipated, timeline start once CO receives all the documents, not once CO is allocated as the popular belief. So then in my case, I will complete 18months in Dec2013, since all my Docs were set to MET, so it means 3 more months to go atleast.

Post from another forum

I had an interesting conversation regarding this with my CO today. I phoned him to inquire about my application. Well basically what he told me was the processing standards mentioned on the DIAC website (6/12/18 months to process an application) actually start from the time the CO has received all the documents he's asked for. So not from the time you've applied for the visa and not from the time you get a CO assigned.

So, if what he told me is true, which i'm sure it is, your 12 month processing time actually starts from the 19th of November according to your timeline.

:happy_face_outlaw_s

where is the dislike link?

Actually there are three statuses

1. Requested : when CO request some doc

2. Received : when get requested doc/info from applicant

3. Met : when co checks provided info and its meeting all DIBP (DIAC's new name) requirements

Archived