gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry. I experienced the same. Status was directly updated to Application Approved.

In my case however, since CO was saying that she did not receive the med results so what I did was that I forwarded the e-Medical information sheets to CO so she'd be aware of the HAP ID and medical submission status. Got the grant after 4 days.

I wrote to co after med submission but she didnt reply. So i am pretty much sure she got them otherwise must had replied.

Don't worry. I experienced the same. Status was directly updated to Application Approved.

In my case however, since CO was saying that she did not receive the med results so what I did was that I forwarded the e-Medical information sheets to CO so she'd be aware of the HAP ID and medical submission status. Got the grant after 4 days.

I wrote to co after med submission but she didnt reply. So i am pretty much sure she got them otherwise must had replied.

Allah swt knows better, till yet plan is to move immediately after grant within months with family but all depends on grant timing.

In sha Allah you will get grant before Eid. You have relatives or friends there or all by yourself?

:ssign12:

Another Pakistani Grant

Name: qsar1

Applied: 19-Apr-2011

Visa: 175

Priority: 4

CO Allocated: 24-Oct-2011

Med FL: 8-Feb-2013;

Med/PCC Req: 8-Mar-2013

CO Ask for spouse VAT payment: 31-May-2013

Grant: 25-Jun-2013

:ssign12:

Another Pakistani Grant

Name: qsar1

Applied: 19-Apr-2011

Visa: 175

Priority: 4

CO Allocated: 24-Oct-2011

Med FL: 8-Feb-2013;

Med/PCC Req: 8-Mar-2013

CO Ask for spouse VAT payment: 31-May-2013

Grant: 25-Jun-2013

what is the meaning of this VAT payment ? what is this for ?

This is paid if your partner does not wishes to take IELTS or his/her IELTS score is below 6 in one or multiple modules

below 6 or below 4.5?

my wife's ielts score was better than mine . (me being the primary applicant with 7,7,7,7.5) but i couldn't claim points on her behalf as she is a doctor and for doctors educational assessment , they require AMC exam and what not from . it is very difficult to claims points if u r a doctor .

below 6 or below 4.5?

my wife's ielts score was better than mine . (me being the primary applicant with 7,7,7,7.5) but i couldn't claim points on her behalf as she is a doctor and for doctors educational assessment , they require AMC exam and what not from . it is very difficult to claims points if u r a doctor .

I didn't say you can claim points on partner's competent english language.. I said if your partner has good enough IELTS score, you don't need to pay language assistance payment (referred to as second installment) for your partner.

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/visa-pricing-table.htm

Partner's assessment in eligible nominated occupation will grant you additional points.

I didn't say you can claim points on partner's competent english language.. I said if your partner has good enough IELTS score, you don't need to pay language assistance payment (referred to as second installment) for your partner.

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/visa-pricing-table.htm

Partner's assessment in eligible nominated occupation will grant you additional points.

But it is 4.5 not 6.

I sent status request to CO and he said my "Character Checking has not been completed". If some one knows, please let me know that how much time it takes to complete. I think I am in this process since sometime in Jun-13.

Also, my CO is changed.

I sent status request to CO and he said my "Character Checking has not been completed". If some one knows, please let me know that how much time it takes to complete. I think I am in this process since sometime in Jun-13.

Also, my CO is changed.

It will be done...be patient....it will be around 1.5 months before you get any news in normal routine...

In sha Allah you will get grant before Eid. You have relatives or friends there or all by yourself?

Yes bro, lot of friends already settled in sydney and some are in melb too ... but one has to be his own. Presences of friends will definately help and u can get some guidance at least. They can find some good place for you to live because they know which areas one should live or not.

But if you dont know anyone there, dont worry you will know soon someone there :D

Asylum-seekers arriving by boat will no longer be resettled in Australia but will go to Papua New Guinea, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has announced and signed agreement with Papua New Guinea Prime Minister.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/world/2013/07/130719_aussi_asylum_ban_zs.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23379828

So guys have some patience and wait for grants, dont rush and go via boats :)

This is paid if your partner does not wishes to take IELTS or his/her IELTS score is below 6 in one or multiple modules

For partner, functional english is enough that is 4.5.

Masters degree in english medium works too.

It will be done...be patient....it will be around 1.5 months before you get any news in normal routine...

Thanks for the support. So this character checking is same as routine checks or security checks. I thought my case was moving at last. :daydreaming:

Lets hope from now there will be less number of security check at ASIO' hand and reduction in waiting time for PR applier.................

Asylum-seekers arriving by boat will no longer be resettled in Australia but will go to Papua New Guinea, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has announced and signed agreement with Papua New Guinea Prime Minister. http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/world/2013/07/130719_aussi_asylum_ban_zs.shtmlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23379828So guys have some patience and wait for grants, dont rush and go via boats :)

the minimum requirement is 6 now. check attachment from booklet.

That's Incorrect, I am afraid.

Here is the excerpt of the requirement of dependent English language ability.

"Second instalment Visa Application Charge (English language tuition)

Members of your family unit aged 18 years or over included in your application who have been assessed as not having functional English language skills will be required to pay a second instalment charge (see the department’s website www. immi.gov.au/fees-charges) which entitles them to English language tuition in Australia to achieve functional English. The full amount of this charge must be paid before a visa can be granted to you. Members of your family unit who are able to demonstrate functional English ability (eg. obtain an overall band score of 4.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)) do not have to pay this charge. Applicants who pay this charge will receive information about the Adult Migrant English Program and where they can receive their tuition when the visa is granted"

Source: Booklet 6, Page 18

seniors just inquired my status from CO. and this what CO has to say about my case.

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you are concerned at the time taken to process this application. Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some time. In particular, it can take several months to gain any necessary health, character and national security clearances from other agencies. Where relevant, applicants must satisfy national security criteria. An external agency undertakes this checking on behalf of DIAC.

It is not possible to provide a date or timeframe for completion of this visa application. The length of time taken to complete the relevant checks for individual cases varies. Timeframes depend on many things, such as the nature of the visa applied for and the period of stay sought the individual circumstances of a visa applicant and the complexity of individual cases, and the processing priority given to different application types.

As a matter of general guidance, applicants for permanent visas who are referred for security checking should expect a minimum six (6) month processing period given the nature of the checks which are conducted. Please note that this period commences once all required documents have been provided to the department. The final requested document for this application was provided on 4 June 2013.

I will continue to monitor the status of this case to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable.

I trust this has sufficiently answered your query.

senior please comment on this . one more thing , my CO have also changed from SK to KF

seniors just inquired my status from CO. and this what CO has to say about my case.

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you are concerned at the time taken to process this application. Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some time. In particular, it can take several months to gain any necessary health, character and national security clearances from other agencies. Where relevant, applicants must satisfy national security criteria. An external agency undertakes this checking on behalf of DIAC.

It is not possible to provide a date or timeframe for completion of this visa application. The length of time taken to complete the relevant checks for individual cases varies. Timeframes depend on many things, such as the nature of the visa applied for and the period of stay sought the individual circumstances of a visa applicant and the complexity of individual cases, and the processing priority given to different application types.

As a matter of general guidance, applicants for permanent visas who are referred for security checking should expect a minimum six (6) month processing period given the nature of the checks which are conducted. Please note that this period commences once all required documents have been provided to the department. The final requested document for this application was provided on 4 June 2013.

I will continue to monitor the status of this case to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable.

I trust this has sufficiently answered your query.

senior please comment on this . one more thing , my CO have also changed from SK to KF

What further comments do you need?

It is the most detailed and elaborated email I have seen from any CO, whether he or she is SK or KF.

Just be patient and hang in there.

What further comments do you need?

It is the most detailed and elaborated email I have seen from any CO, whether he or she is SK or KF.

Just be patient and hang in there.

Bro, The thing to notice is the probable date on which SC started. almost a Year after his CO allocation...

Archived