gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHEN EOI was coming there were speculations that rules will be tougher but it turns out opposite, so dont feel that much annoying, you will get this one, Our one old age memeber (shawais) waiting for so long, but he will write the last line of his story in a week or so, so be patient and stick around, do normal life things and forget about you application

Chill out!!!

shawais = old age member :dull:

btw i am still in early twenties :rolleyes::jiggy:

Dear frirnds,

i hope everyone is fine.

Just to update you that its more than 2 months for me without job and almost 18k $ already spent. Doing everything to find job but no luck. My wife is getting worried along with me. Daughter started going school from last monday.

Pray for me that I get a job now. Bank balance is almost zero now

have you checked with centerlink for helping you towards becoming self sufficient?

My time lines are almost the same, and i myself is waiting for my medical and pcc i dont know why they asked may be they have found something which was not in ur application or form 80 before anyways i pray for your success insha Allah u will get visa dont worry give them what they r asking pray for me too and everyone out there ALLAH ( SWT) kamyab karay AMEEN

Hello Friends,

I've been an avid visitor of this forum, particularly this never-ending-thread for quite some time now. Indeed it has been very helpful to me so far. First of all, a big THANK YOU to all of you for contributing your valuable time in helping others including me.

My visa application timeline is as below (Shoaib, please take note in your Excel sheet :) ):

ACS: 13-Jun-2011

175 Applied: 29-Jun-2011

CO Allocated: 03-Mar-2012

Form 80: 20-Mar-2012

Additional Info: 02-Apr-2012

Med: Waiting

PCC: Waiting

Grant: Waiting

With the above timeline, and based on the experiences of fellow applicants I've been following in this forum, I was expecting the med/pcc call any day now. However, today our CO has asked us to submit the Form-80 again, with up-to-date information!! What does this mean? I have travelled to a few countries since I submitted the form-80 last time. If I update something in Form-80 this time, is it going to prolong my visa processing time further?? I'm getting so frustrated with all of this, especially when I'm seeing some of my friends who applied more than a year after me already got their grants under the new EOI based process (a friend from Pakistan got his 189 visa in 7 months only!). And in my case, as if the 16 months of background checks (and 25 months of total waiting time) were not enough, they are requesting Form 80 again. Nonsense. Its really annoying.

Dear frirnds,

i hope everyone is fine.

Just to update you that its more than 2 months for me without job and almost 18k $ already spent. Doing everything to find job but no luck. My wife is getting worried along with me. Daughter started going school from last monday.

InshaAllah you will get job soon.

Dear frirnds,

i hope everyone is fine.

Allah is great just hang in there bro you will succeed soon InshaAllah

Dear frirnds,

i hope everyone is fine.

Just wondering ... r u doing any odd jobs or just searching for jobs in your profession??

Dear Friends,

Thanks for the good wishes from all of you.

To answer all the suggestions from you ppl I will tell you that I was in a different situation thats why I prefer to bring my family for personal reasons and also to let you know that I booked whole home stuff through cargo from Dubai to Perth as I have made full home and was having everything from mop to dishwashing machine, sofa set LED tv and kids bedroom set and a very long list of items as I was living in Dubai for around 7 years and having two kids. My cargo was containg 110 cartons and you can imagine. Why I do that cause I was having good stuff and If I want to dispose them in Dubai I will get nothing so I decided to send the stuff as it cost me around 4.5k$ and I got all the thing which were almost new and up to date other wise I have to buy all the things sooner or later in Australia and In Australia everything is expensive and the stuff i have right now and if I want to buy same quality and amount of stuff I have to spent around 25K$ for sure.

How much Australia is expensive as compared to other countries I can give you a small example: fair and Lovely cream around 200 in Pak Rupees, In Dubai 7 Dirhams and In Australia 17 $ for the same cream.

Lemon per kg in Pakistan may be 200 Rupees, In Dubai around 4 Dirhams per kg and in Australia 1$ for one piece of lemon.

1 kg yougurt in Pakistan may be 200 Rs (not sure) in Dubai its 4 Dirhams and in Australia its 5$.

If you want to buy new bedroom set you will get it in around not less than 3.5K$ and I got my whole stuff of a full fledge home in 4.5k$ so when my stuff was due to arrive here in Perth I have to arrange accomodation first. So once I have home and all the stuff and I am paying all the rent there is no point of keeping my family away as suggested by one of my friend as just increase in a few hundred thats all. Also my elder daughter have to join the third term of the Australian system school by 23rd of July so she should be here to go to class other wise she would have lost one year of education. So so many things to see before bringing the family definately with most of the people who are coming without any stuff and kids things would be different but for me it was different as my kids didnt live in Pakistan more than their vaccation (maximum 1 month since birth) and schooling is another major factor.

One more friend ask me about linkedin premium service the answer is no as I didnt took the service till now as didnt see much difference in the premium and ordinary services but can try that as well.

Another freind ask me that did I try odd jobs or just trying job in my profession; to answer this that I have done the security officer traning and licensing just to have the job for time being but for other so called odd jobs (actually in Australia no job is odd job and everybody is treated equally) usually employers are looking for causal/partimers young people like age 18 to 24/25 maximum like students and other young chaps (for them thay pay less money and no gratuity etc) and people like me who are in their middle 30s there is rear chance of getting jobs like fuel station manager (here people dont have to put fuel in your car, you have to do it by your self and than go inside the express shop to the counter to pay), also counter staff at big malls like cashiers etc the chances are very rear. Anyway I am also applying for those kind of jobs as well.

One friend ask me about the centerlink; the answer is that I have registered in Centerlink and claimed Family tax benefit (This is the only benefit which a PR guy gets as for eligiblity for all the other benefits is minimum 2 years stay so I am not eligible for any of those yet and others will also like this). The family tax benefit payment will be reviewed with lot of documentation and it take around 2 to 3 months for processing as well so guys dont consider it as an option.

Anyway thanks for supporting me just remember me in your prayers.

The good thing is that I am not regreting to come Australia after leaving a good job in Dubai (My tax free salary was around 10K$ per month) even I didnt have the job yet Perth seems very cool place and future and life seems very good here. People here are very good and helpful and try to help you most.

Also good thing is that my daughter starts going to school from 23rd July and enjoys the school (She is 5 years old and in pre-primary and its sooner the better to start here so that they can learn the Aussie acceint english which was quite difficult to understand in the begining)

Take care ppl I am posting this not to discourage anyone but telling you the actual facts and I am sure that as I moved from Dubai (1$ is 3.5 Dirhams) for me it seems quite expensive so the people coming from Pakistan or other countries may find it more difficult as in begining the calculator is always on ;).

With all the difficulties honestly to say Australia is a beutiful country to live and a different kind of peace you will feel which you have never experienced in Pak or Dubai.

Bye

very good read,

I m of the very similar opinion if anyone is 30+ & have family.

btw, how do u think about investing in a Oz Degree in Masters level for ppl like us 30+ (we r too young for many entry level jobs),

wud it help getting mid level jobs

@farri447. Thank you brother for comprehensively sharing your experiences. I am sure you will land a good job soon (Insha Allah), and I assure that you're not the only one facing difficulties in landing a job Down Under. Unfortunately, job market is gloomy at the moment, but I believe (and heard from others as well) that it will improve soon. Perhaps it's due to the election year, or many other factors; not sure. A friend of mine recently secured a job after 6 months of struggle! So there are opportunities, but you will have to try hard in the beginning. Once you have some Aussie experience, then the ship sails smooth I believe. Keep trying, and never lose hope. You will succeed Insha Allah.

P.S. Do get LinkedIn premium account. It does help; I heard.

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I am 175 applicant applied in June2011, my medical are finalized by 16th of July. Now I am waiting for golden email. Please pray for me so that I get it at the earliest. My prayers are with all members who are waiting for their silver & golden emails. I am really dissappointed by IOM pakistan. They took almost 15 days to send my medical.

Seniors plz advise me that how long it takes to get the golden email once your medical is finalised??

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I am 175 applicant applied in June2011, my medical are finalized by 16th of July. Now I am waiting for golden email. Please pray for me so that I get it at the earliest. My prayers are with all members who are waiting for their silver & golden emails. I am really dissappointed by IOM pakistan. They took almost 15 days to send my medical.

Seniors plz advise me that how long it takes to get the golden email once your medical is finalised??

Welcome on the forum.

Has your CO asked to go for medicals? Or u uploaded urself?

When did u get med call?

I think if co asked for meds and its finalized already then it wont more than week.

Fari447, thnks for the detailed picture, it really helped understanding the current so called odd-job scenario there. Please keep posting these stuff. May Allah showers His blessing on you and all of us..Ameen

Finally I have decided to Frontload medicals. Yesterday I emailed MHDislamabad@iom.int asking for appointment. Lets see what date they give me.

bro, first of all ask your CO to activate your emedicals, after activation you will be able to download medical referral letters, containing HAP IDs, from the portal. Secondly I tried to get appointment from IOM through email but they never replied back. Try to call them and get appointment.

if you want to upload medicals quickly and you are based in Islamabad then you might consider Aziz medical center instead of IOM.

@Fari, thanks for sharing your experience.

Btw, i am thinking to get HTV license added in my existing LTV license before going there. May be it will help with odd jobs if needed. (Just a thought))

you may be right as there is good demand of heavy drivers license but usually for license to be considered license must be 2 years old. It must also be verified from ministry of foreign affairs and pakistan consulate in australia ( actually i dont know the process as I didnt need that as i applied wd Dubai license which not required to be authenticated or attested.)

check their website for information.

you may be right as there is good demand of heavy drivers license but usually for license to be considered license must be 2 years old. It must also be verified from ministry of foreign affairs and pakistan consulate in australia ( actually i dont know the process as I didnt need that as i applied wd Dubai license which not required to be authenticated or attested.)

Regarding the license, on Dubai valid license, can we drive in OZ for some duration ? Also if we have a valid Dubai license, can we attempt the driving test directly without taking the driving classes.

Dear Fari,

Do you have any idea, if my Kuwait driving licence will be treated in the same way? Is there any website, I can go through?

If you don’t mind can you mention how much rent you are paying? Your Location, Flat/house, number of rooms etc.?

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Guest ainazak

Hello Sir,

I would like to have your advice regarding initiation of application for Skilled Migration Program to Australia.

I am a Mechanical Engineer, having an experience of 4 years in the Aviation Industry of Pakistan. I am currently serving Pak Military. I have not conducted the IELTS test, but I will do it ASAP after a clear advice. As you are quite experienced, would you kindly advise me that should I initiate the application for immigration, and would my military service be a problem or not?

Looking forward to your kind advice, please.

Archived