gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No he has not asked for any additional info yet. I uploaded my Form-80 upfront along with other docs when application was lodged in May 2012. Form-1221 in e-status was 'met' the day CO was assigned.

Actually he did ask for additional info (payslips, bank statements, taxation etc.), but that was when my case was assigned to him. Nothing afterwards!

I stil dont see the logic behind granting visa in 3-6 months for 190 and 18-24 months for 176, whereas they have no difference as such.

Really tired of these immigration queue jumping policies :no:

I stil dont see the logic behind granting visa in 3-6 months for 190 and 18-24 months for 176, whereas they have no difference as such.

Really tired of these immigration queue jumping policies :no:

I think the logic may be that we should have SOMETHING to discuss in our spare time. Which, being 175/176/189 applicant, we have a lot. :twitcy:

Hi to all, since all of us in this thread are from HR country, I think those who got their grant should share their experience with people who are still waiting or planning to apply for australian visa. I don't want to go in details for every point I'll mention because I think different people have different views. And what I'll write is just my experience with the whole process.

Firstly i lived in the Middle East for more than a decade and hate the whole idea of being a foreigner no matter how much u care for the country and they can kick you out any day they want, this is one of the reason why i applied for the visa.

When first I was thinking of applying for the visa I didn’t know much about the process nor about pomsinoz and I came to know about the agent I used through a friend, who unfortunately wasn’t bothered much about the whole process and after failing to score more than 7 in ietls for each band twice, he stopped. So, I didn’t get much info about the agent but after the going through DIAC website, since they recommends using MARA registered agents, I thought my agent is well suited for the job.

Now here is my experience:

Agent (I don’t know about other agents but here I’m talking about my agent, so forgive me if you are an agent and you don’t behave in this manner):

• Advantage of using agent:

1. You don’t need to read 100 of pages, they will tell you the things you need and what to do.

(This is the only advantage I can think of for my case)

• Now the bad experience:

1. The firm totally lied to me about the processing time for the visa and how long it would take to obtain the visa
  2. The agent never told me the strict security process that I might have to go through for being from a HR country
  3. They have 3 methods of payment: the first being lump sum payment and the cheapest and the other two options are based on each stage and installment, I choose the first. And this is where I think I made the biggest mistake because they seem to have stopped caring much after they got the full payment. I had to call them up every 3 or 4 months to remind them to contact my CO to get updates.

• Advice for people wanting to use agent:

1. Ask your friends who already got their grant the agent they used
  2. Never sign a contract with agent till you have done your IELTS and got the required score :) (specially people who are in the skilled migration category)
  3. Never pay the whole money in advance
  4. Make sure the agent is registered with DIAC (MARA agent)
  5. Refrain from using an agent if your case is simple and you know "What to do and what is required"

DIAC:

1. Most of my frustrations with DIAC’s visa processing was because of the wrong visa processing time that was given to me by my agent. I was assigned CO within 10 days of lodging my application so which was normal and within the time that’s is mentioned in the DIAC website
  2. DIAC don’t control how long the security checks can take, I think it is up to ASIO and other agents who do the background check and so I would advise people who are doing the application not to bother the CO too often (max once every 3 months). When I lodged my visa the processing time for security check was 18 months and mine was done in little over 17 months.
  3. The two bad things that I can write about DIAC is they can change your CO anytime, which can lengthen the processing time sometime and the second one is they can take over a month to reply to your emails :@

Medical:

I have seen lots of people complaining about their report being referred or taking months to be reviewed. I think the reasons for this are:

1. You did your medical before being asked by CO
  2. You have health conditions that might cost the Australian government a lot in future once you become a resident (check the diac website about this)
  3. There is a reasons why they consider us HR, like our government our medical system sucks, so I think they still give extra care and extra time to review our medical report J

Mine took like 10days to be finalized.

Conclusion:

Spend less time in pomsinoz after lodging your visa and getting a CO, there is absolutely nothing you or your agent can do about the time DIAC takes to process your visa. As long as all the information and documents that you have provided DIAC are 100% true and real you will get your visa.

Visa lodged: 7th Jan 2012, CO: 17th Jan 2012, Med & PCC: 14th June 2013, Grant: 3rd July 2013

Alhamdulillah and good luck to everyone who are in the queue.

Visa lodged: 7th Jan 2012, CO: 17th Jan 2012, Med & PCC: 14th July 2013, Grant: 3rd June 2013

Alhamdulillah and good luck to everyone who are in the queue.

I think this long story of yours drained you in the end because you wrote 14th July 2013 as your medicals date :wink:

Fellas .. Brace yourselves for another astonishing news regarding security checks!

So I enquired my CO when my security checks started last year, and he replied 'my external checks were accepted by external agency on 2 Dec 2012' i.e., after 5 months of CO allocation! (I was assigned CO in Jun 2012.)

Therefore, the perception that SC start right after CO allocation is totally off beam. I am not entirely sure what he meant by 'accepted by external agency'; maybe he sent my case earlier and agency accepted it late. But one thing I am pretty sure about is that I am not getting grant before Dec 2013 !! :mad:

I think it doesnt mean that the CO didnt forwarded you case for SC may be agencies start processing your in Dec 12.

A few days back I asked, my CO, about the date on which my SC stated. Today he said Sept 2012

Bro...It is the date when he had sent it to ASIO for SC..The date ASIO Accepted and opened your case for checks would definitely be different.. and IMO, that delay is the main cause of increasing lengthy SCs for 175/176

A few days back I asked, my CO, about the date on which my SC stated. Today he said Sept 2012

i got CO on 13 august and form 80 was accepted around end of august, means mine might be started in October ... hmmmmm .... nice sharing....

I think it doesnt mean that the CO didnt forwarded you case for SC may be agencies start processing your in Dec 12.

Perhaps .. Also, I explicitly enquired about my 'external' checks, so there is a possibility that my 'internal' checks were in progress before Dec 12.

G'day fellas... Do u guys think that the security check for on-shores are faster than the off-shores HR applicants ? Thanks guys... Stay tough.

If you've been there for a very long time like student applicant and what not..

check the excel sheet.. there are few people who were in Australia with student visa got grants quite early..

If you've been there for a very long time like student applicant and what not..

check the excel sheet.. there are few people who were in Australia with student visa got grants quite early..

Rezasol, mate thanks for replying. I have been living in Australia for 7 years now. Applied 885 in 2009. I was only 20 years old that time. Anyways CO allocated in Nov 12. 8 months and they are still saying few more months. Damn mate lifes stuffed. Anyways bro what u reckon how long it will take ? And mate if u need to know any thing abt Australia feel free to ask me. Cheers mate. Have a good day...

There are around 72 applicant left that applied for 175/176 visa. If we receive, on average, 3 medical calls per week then all 175/176 applicants will received their medical calls before the end of this year. :wub:

Lets see how this logic works!

2 medical calls already for this week... Go DIAC/ASIO go :notworthy:

Bro, you were wishing for 3 medical calls per week. It came out to be only 2 medical calls in the previous week, although it was highly expected to have lot of medical calls last week. Storm stopped....

Rezasol, mate thanks for replying. I have been living in Australia for 7 years now. Applied 885 in 2009. I was only 20 years old that time. Anyways CO allocated in Nov 12. 8 months and they are still saying few more months. Damn mate lifes stuffed. Anyways bro what u reckon how long it will take ? And mate if u need to know any thing abt Australia feel free to ask me. Cheers mate. Have a good day...

We are in the same boat bro. been here for 5 years. CO allocated last Oct and still waiting. Its really frustrating, but what else can we do

Visa Granted!!

Full Timeline;

Applied 22-06-2011

CO 06-02-2012

Meds FL 20-02-2013

Referred 22-02-2013

Meds Finalized 01-06-2013

PCC Call 21-06-2013

PCC Submitted 02-07-2013

Grant 09-07-2013

Best of luck everyone..

Archived