gr8leo87

Guest bilaln30
Hello,

I am exactly in the same situation as yours, application lodged in jan 2009, Co allocated in nov 2010. All documents are MET even medicals. sent an e-mail to CO who said application in external checks..... then contacted IGIS and same response i received as yours that will reveal anyinfo to the public however if CO requests we ll give the info about the timeframe of checks. My team is 4 . I mailed my CO and requested to give me any timeframe.....now waiting for CO reply....

Please share your timeline??? N which team is yours???

My situation is also the same. I lodged application in April 2009 and waiting for the outcome of external checks since Feb, 2010....Stay in touch so thaty we can share information.

BTW, What is the reason of 'No visa grants' these days despite the start of fresh quota & new financial year?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My situation is also the same. I lodged application in April 2009 and waiting for the outcome of external checks since Feb, 2010....Stay in touch so thaty we can share information.

BTW, What is the reason of 'No visa grants' these days despite the start of fresh quota & new financial year?

18 months. Thats one of the longest. I'd send out another enquiry to IGIS if I were you.

My Form80 is now shown as met guys. What does it mean? External checks over?

Well!! atleast you have some movement & surely its a positive sign..... I hope you hear from your CO soon.... Congratulations in advance for the Visa grant :laugh:

Hi Ezy!

May I ask, were you asked for proof of employment? What did they ask for?

Thank you,

Laurel

Hi Laurel, I was not asked explicitly for proof of employment, but I was asked to provide the following:

Evidence of income for one year prior to the 10/11/2010, such as bankstatements, tax records or pay slips.

They also count as proof of employment. However I myself provided experience certificates, Recommendation letters from previous Managers and pay slips. All these are considered proof of employment.

By the way my agent contacted the CO by sending a PLE on 1st of July. We got a generic response from my CO this morning stating that my application is undergoing routine processing. Now what that routine processing may be??? Is it the internal security checks?? or external security checks???

Here is the exact response of PLE :

Dear XXXX,

Your application is undergoing routine processing. You will be notified with further correspondence at a later date.

Regards,

Has anyone else got a similar response of PLE? I think he should be more specific like they are in external checks or internal checks and it will take XXX much more time etc...

Thats the worst reply you can get. It doesn't anything so its impossible to say what kind of checks its going through.

Besides you've only been on security check for 6 months compared to the usual 12 months minimum it takes for applicants from Pakistan. So its very unlikely they'll take your inquiry seriously.

Guest bilaln30
18 months. Thats one of the longest. I'd send out another enquiry to IGIS if I were you.

I did complain twice but it wasn't useful. I now think that i should not complain again.

Guest Lori2011
I got a CO from team 7. Just wondering if anyone else especially from Pakistan has CO from the same team. I have applied for 176 visa and got CO one week after applying.

I just wanna guess if they will send my application for long security checks or my LR citizenship will give me some advantage. I was born in Pakistan but now a UK citizen living in UK since last 8 years.

HI,

what is this "team" thing? are COs divided in teams? are teams organized by countries?

Help, Im a newbie :frown:

Hi Dear All,

I have few questions regarding CO. Hope you all can give some clarification for this. Normally DIAC assigns a CO for our application in order to process that. Most Of those CO are from Australia. But one of my friend told me that DAIC assigns a CO from our Local embassy(From My country) as well?. Is that ture?.... I am from HR country.

Thanx :cute:

Samk6.

Hi Dear All,

I have few questions regarding CO. Hope you all can give some clarification for this. Normally DIAC assigns a CO for our application in order to process that. Most Of those CO are from Australia. But one of my friend told me that DAIC assigns a CO from our Local embassy(From My country) as well?. Is that ture?.... I am from HR country.

Samk6.

As far as I know, all processing takes place in Australia. Only tourist visas which are done at local embassies.

As far as I know, all processing takes place in Australia. Only tourist visas which are done at local embassies.

thanx User Name. But there are some occasions that local embbas's officers have visited applicant's work place in order to verify applicant's employment details... :cute:

thanx

Samk6

thanx User Name. But there are some occasions that local embbas's officers have visited applicant's work place in order to verify applicant's employment details... :cute:

thanx

Samk6

They ask consulate staff to do that. CO wont fly to Pakistan to do verifications.

Hi Dear All,

Samk6.

thanx

Samk6

You're probably talking about duties that COs might delegate their 'support' staff to do on their behalf. Support staff, IMHO, includes everyone that is not the CO themselves or a part of their team. These guys might consist of people from state authorities, border security, and the local embassy people as well. But that doesn't, surely, put a question mark on the way your application will be treated.

You can read the Service Charters on the DIAC website where they mention your rights as their customer and they will treat your case impartially as they know that the outcome can be challenged.

That's how I look at it, you are entitled to believe whatever you listen or read. Help bring out the sun! :smile:

You're probably talking about duties that COs might delegate their 'support' staff to do on their behalf. Support staff, IMHO, includes everyone that is not the CO themselves or a part of their team. These guys might consist of people from state authorities, border security, and the local embassy people as well. But that doesn't, surely, put a question mark on the way your application will be treated.

You can read the Service Charters on the DIAC website where they mention your rights as their customer and they will treat your case impartially as they know that the outcome can be challenged.

That's how I look at it, you are entitled to believe whatever you listen or read. Help bring out the sun! :smile:

Thanx for the reply dragonz.... :wubclub:

HI,

what is this "team" thing? are COs divided in teams? are teams organized by countries?

Help, Im a newbie :frown:

From what I've gathered from browsing forums and through personal experience is that you be allocated 'a' CO who will respond to you with their name, however, since there is a lot of paperwork involved for each case and COs are looking into many cases at the same time so they also have additional members(who make up a team along with the CO) who assist them in goign through documents very minutely.

Hope I've cleared the cobwebs. :smile:

Guest redprimrose

hi, how to know whether my case is under security check? It's been a month I haven't heard from my CO.

Got this email from the CO today:

Dear dragonz

In reference to your application above I require some more documents.

-Your full cv, including all work experience and detailed job descriptions, research, qualifications, publications, names and details of referees.

- Your intended employment or study in Australia.

Please send these details in word doc format if you attach documents.

Please submit these details to me within 28 days

I've got the CV ready to go. I don't have any employment arrangements made and I indicated the same on my Form 1221. How do I respond to this? Anyone been asked this before?

Guest Kffahim

Now I've been asked to update my form 80s after submitting medicals and pcc...my previous form80 was submitted at the time CO assigned...means 9 months earlier...but why again form80 update again??? any ideas?? please share my friends.....

This is the reply i have got from IGIS and i could not understand what does it mean they will contact me later or this application is not with them pls help me to figure out what does it mean.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Visa inquiry –

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. I have contacted ASIO for information about this visa application to check ASIO’s handling of any security assessment associated with the application.

This office can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue.

We will not provide any other feedback but will contact you if we require any further information about the case.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

Pls do let me know what to do now

Regards

This is the reply i have got from IGIS and i could not understand what does it mean they will contact me later or this application is not with them pls help me to figure out what does it mean.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Visa inquiry –

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. I have contacted ASIO for information about this visa application to check ASIO’s handling of any security assessment associated with the application.

This office can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue.

We will not provide any other feedback but will contact you if we require any further information about the case.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

Pls do let me know what to do now

Regards

I guess you can not do anything other than to wait ..... :err:

Now I've been asked to update my form 80s after submitting medicals and pcc...my previous form80 was submitted at the time CO assigned...means 9 months earlier...but why again form80 update again??? any ideas?? please share my friends.....

Probably your external security checks are over and now before granting you the visa or asking for PCC & Meds the CO wants to make sure that there is not any other change in your status. Best of luck to you.:wink:

By the way which country do you belong to and what are your time lines?

Archived