Medicals. Not Yet

Police. Not yet

CO. Not Yet ! ! ! !!

Visa Granted....Hoping ! ! ! ! !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Newlands

Just passed AQF3' and sent to agent for TRA. How long did you wait for TRA to come back? I'll keep you posted on our progress

Thanks

Guest scubabud
Yes i have rang City & Guilds- CITB- the college and also just spoke to his old teacher!! no one has records that go back to 1989-before computers remember, im at a dead end-looks like sunny donnie for us!!!

Hi my OH was a city & guilds apprentice and he did his apprentiship in 1985, we had lost all his papers due to moving house but were able to obtain copies from city and guilds, also we managed to contact his old boss we're he served his apprentiship and he gave him a letter confirming the dates he worked for him and the duties that he preformed. It did take a lot of digging to get this information but well worth it in the end as it helped him get his TRA. hope this helps xx

Guest bindog1uk
My OH is a chef!! Not seen any others on here!! We are in our 16wwek of waiting for our vic ss!! Fingers crossed it comes soon..

Tradies are the constuction industry, thats why you haven't seen any chefs on it.

Hi,

We were in that same boat, Other half did his carpentry and joinery course in the late 80's

City & Guilds were rubbish!! They have no record of him passing even though they have he exam date and college and lecturer. Took our money but no certificate. The college that he studied in has moved 4 times so no paper work. All we found was a paper cutting to say he won apprentice of the year. We are using Go Matilda and have a Vetassess booked in for Thursday.

He has a letter of employment and had to write at length what is involved in his day to day duties. Good luck. I'd recommend an agent, Out of the 35,000 brits that migrate every year not all of them must keep certificates etc.

Hi my OH was a city & guilds apprentice and he did his apprentiship in 1985, we had lost all his papers due to moving house but were able to obtain copies from city and guilds, also we managed to contact his old boss we're he served his apprentiship and he gave him a letter confirming the dates he worked for him and the duties that he preformed. It did take a lot of digging to get this information but well worth it in the end as it helped him get his TRA. hope this helps xx

I replied to this but not in the right way... (new to this)

Look for my my name on the page and you will see my post.

Hi,

We were in that same boat, Other half did his carpentry and joinery course in the late 80's

City & Guilds were rubbish!! They have no record of him passing even though they have he exam date and college and lecturer. Took our money but no certificate. The college that he studied in has moved 4 times so no paper work. All we found was a paper cutting to say he won apprentice of the year. We are using Go Matilda and have a Vetassess booked in for Thursday.

He has a letter of employment and had to write at length what is involved in his day to day duties. Good luck. I'd recommend an agent, Out of the 35,000 brits that migrate every year not all of them must keep certificates etc.

Mandy my oh did city and guilds carpentry and joinery and advanced carpentry and joinery (4 years i think) around 1990, he had no certificates but managed to get copies from city and guilds, they said they couldn't find them but after lots of phone calls it got sorted and they got sent to him. Sometimes i think they just fob you off because they can't be bothered to do there job properly.

• 4 months later...
Guest The Newlands

Wall & floor tiler: John 41, Sarah 38, Scott 13 going to Perth!

AQF3 passed 18/02/11

TRA submitted 10/03/11

TRA passed 3/05/11

State sponsor submitted 4/05/11

State sponsor passed 25/05/11

176 visa app submitted 01/06/11

CO assigned 28/06/11

Police checks sent away 30/06/11

Medical booked for 08/07/11

So far so good can't wait!!

Archived