Tradies, please post timelines?

Guest Gavinsaunders

Visa lodged 07/08/08 Husband Electrician ,Me Hairdresser, 2 Kids Aged 12 & 7 ,Police clearance 14/10/2010 ,Meds 26/10/2010 visa granted 24/01/2011 OH Happy Days What A Wait !!!!!!!Good Luck To Everyone :yes:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like all the trades inc my self as a carpenter are getting left behind with no SMP for any trades from Qlnd, frustration comes to mind.

Not sure if Oxenford was affected by the recent floods and storms but surely the state of Queensland should be altering the SMP lists to include more trades which they are going to need to help rebuild the devistated areas..........

Not sure if Oxenford was affected by the recent floods and storms but surely the state of Queensland should be altering the SMP lists to include more trades which they are going to need to help rebuild the devistated areas..........

Carlos I hope so, there comes a time when you have dout in your mind as to whether it will happen.

regards

Proview

Guest GemandJay

Totally agree, there was something I read or saw that they are offering temp work visa's to help rebuild and they will grant a visa within 5 days! So surely they need to redo their SMP list??

Good Luck Proview

OH passed Vetassess for Plumber early 09 , obtained SS for SA Sept 09 and lodged 175/176 visa application 6th October '09 (about 10am not that im counting the minutes any more!). Still heard nothing, no CO as yet but livin in hope... x

175 Plumber, applied Oct 08, Case Officer Oct 10, meds and pcs done Nov 10, Visa granted Dec 10.

Hi Coggies - My OH is a Plumber and we are hoping to get to Adelaide so please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. Good luck x

Guest bindog1uk
It looks like all the trades inc my self as a carpenter are getting left behind with no SMP for any trades from Qlnd, frustration comes to mind.

Hi Alan, I put this question up a few days ago about whether QLD should change trades to be put on their SMP, seems as though they are only giving temp visa's for these people, or bringing in peeps from other states with a bonus of around $ 6000.

So frustraiting:arghh:

Guest wheres wally

i started my process back in 2008, thats when i got my TRA passed. I then didn't apply till july 09 for my 175 visa as we were getting married and thought it would be easier with us both having same names. mech services and air con plumber BTW. I did apply for SS and got it approved but i never confirmed with them so i dont have it. A mistake maybe, but i didn't know completly that i wanted to live in WA. But any how i enough waffling i have not got a case officer yet either!

But i suppose good things come to those who wait:biggrin: fingers crossed

Guest Coggies
Hi Coggies - My OH is a Plumber and we are hoping to get to Adelaide so please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. Good luck x

Hi jlr248,

Will do.

We are going for a reccie in April to check out job situation (hoping to make some contacts) and schools. Hoping to make the move sometime next year!!

Dates are below. Husband is a dryliner or fibrous plasterer as they say in Oz. No CO, no news, no nothing!!!!!!

We are off to Queensland so no state sponsorship possible. But I think not long left to wait now anyway.

Kate

Hi Kate

Myself, wife and kids are heading for oz, I am in the same trade as you're husband but I don't have any certified qualifications as there actually is none for drylining, how did you're husband work around this? I have been told by an agency that I would have to do a 1 day course as a fibrous plasterer and once I pass I will have the relevant papers, they told me it would cost about 800. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance

Hi Kate

Myself, wife and kids are heading for oz, I am in the same trade as you're husband but I don't have any certified qualifications as there actually is none for drylining, how did you're husband work around this? I have been told by an agency that I would have to do a 1 day course as a fibrous plasterer and once I pass I will have the relevant papers, they told me it would cost about 800. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance

Hi theimprover,

Basically as Dan (husband) did not have qualifications, as you say there are none, but has over 20 years experience we contacted a company who assessed his skills on site and via a few question and answer sheets, as well as the really hard work of collecting references and writing out 'a day in the life of'! It took a while and was mega expensive (pretty much double what your agent has said) but he now has an AQF3 in fibrous plastering which enabled us to pass the TRA assessment. The company also offer a point of contact when we arrive and provide all necessary licenses to work as soon as we land really (although that won't be happening!). www.tradetrain.com.au is the address of the company we used but I am more than aware that there are other much cheaper companies around. Although I don't know if they offer all of the same inclusions in the price. It's hard work and stressful getting all of the correct info together but the only way unless you can get a job sponsor.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I'm often online so can get Dan to respond.

Kate

Metal Fabricator - Gained AQF 3 May 2009,

Applied TRA July 2009,

Passed TRA Aug '09,

Applied WA SS Sept '09,

Gained WA SS 5th March 2010,

Applied 176 Visa 6th April 2010,

CO Assigned 12th Jan 2011,

Medicals Done 3rd Feb 2011,

PC's Uploaded 5th Feb 2011......................waiting for the Visa to be finalised (should b in next few weeks)

Lynette & Mark

Hi theimprover,

Basically as Dan (husband) did not have qualifications, as you say there are none, but has over 20 years experience we contacted a company who assessed his skills on site and via a few question and answer sheets, as well as the really hard work of collecting references and writing out 'a day in the life of'! It took a while and was mega expensive (pretty much double what your agent has said) but he now has an AQF3 in fibrous plastering which enabled us to pass the TRA assessment. The company also offer a point of contact when we arrive and provide all necessary licenses to work as soon as we land really (although that won't be happening!). www.tradetrain.com.au is the address of the company we used but I am more than aware that there are other much cheaper companies around. Although I don't know if they offer all of the same inclusions in the price. It's hard work and stressful getting all of the correct info together but the only way unless you can get a job sponsor.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I'm often online so can get Dan to respond.

Kate

Thanks for the reply Kate, I have decided only today to head out to QLD in May for a few weeks and see if I can pick up a sponsorship, as it is just too long of a wait for the s.m.v

Thanks for the reply Kate, I have decided only today to head out to QLD in May for a few weeks and see if I can pick up a sponsorship, as it is just too long of a wait for the s.m.v

Good luck. You might just find with all the flood devastation that that may be possible at the moment.

Keep us informed.

Kate

Guest Burchos
Wouldnt you be better off trying for State sponsorship rather than family sponsored. Presuming your occupation is on the states SMP lists you are hoping to move to if you get sponsorship you would get a CO very quickly.

Can we change at this stage from sponsored family 176 visa to ss visa?

Penny

Archived