Tradies, please post timelines?

Guest Gavinsaunders

Can we change at this stage from sponsored family 176 visa to ss visa?

Penny

If the main applicants occupation is on the relevant states SMP list and they meet all the criteria that particular state stipulate to gain sponsorship with them, I believe you can apply for sponsorship and if approved would push you upto a Cat 2 position regardless of whether you already have family sponsorship........

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No we havent but could be an idea we are wanting to go to NSW as family there who will help us what do you have to do to go state sponsored?:jiggy:

look at your state, NSW to see if they are still giving ss, if so look to see if your trade is on their SMP state migration plan, if so you are in with a great chance of getting your visa a lot quicker than your current status.

good luck

Hi,

General electrician applied to TRA 16th Jan 2010, passed 14th April 2010.

South Australia state sponsorship applied April 2010.

176 Family sponsored visa applied 7th May 2010.

South Australia sponsorship granted end if May 2010.

Changed from Family sponsored to state sponsored.

Now in CAT2 waiting for a CO.......

still doing work on my new property, just laying quick step flooring at the min, giving my knees a rest..only got another 75 mtrs to lay:goofy:

got to be careful of those OLD knees mate.......they dont mend so easily :biglaugh:.....should have got some young blood in......I would have shown you how to do it...:tongue:...if I wasn't busy doing the housework that is....:embarrassed:

Guest mikeskinner1272

It may be quicker to get a sponsor in QLD if you go down the 457 route, if you go down sponsor ENS121 or RSMS119 you will still be looking atleast 12 months....I'm currently ens 121 sponsor and at the present time, sponsor application is a 6 month back log, you then enter your application and that can take upto 7 months for an answer. Just beware....WA seem to be getting through quicker.

Cheers. Mike

Hubby is a Landscape Gardener. We are waiting for a response from South Australia regarding State Sponsorship... Timeline below..

Good luck everyone :)

8th June Applied for AQF III - 26th Aug '10 Passed AQFIII (Landscape Gardener) - 2nd Nov '10 Applied to TRA - 28th Nov '10 Passed TRA - 11th Jan '11 Submitted SS to South Australia - 28th Jan '11 SS Docs received by SA.

got to be careful of those OLD knees mate.......they dont mend so easily :biglaugh:.....should have got some young blood in......I would have shown you how to do it...:tongue:...if I wasn't busy doing the housework that is....:embarrassed:

Im only a teenager at heart, dont forget the pinny oh and the washing gloves, lol

catch you later.

Guest Yorkshire girl35

Next skills test for bricklaying is July-if you are 40 before this date-you will only get approved if you has full certified conf of your skills-plus a certificate to show you completed an apprenticeship-my husband did his 1989 & cannot get proof of this-visa say no cert-no entry!! anyone help???

Next skills test for bricklaying is July-if you are 40 before this date-you will only get approved if you has full certified conf of your skills-plus a certificate to show you completed an apprenticeship-my husband did his 1989 & cannot get proof of this-visa say no cert-no entry!! anyone help???

If it was a city and guilds apprenticeship try contacting them with the dates and maybe also contacting any colleges he attended....

OH is Plumber, lodged SA SS 176 visa application Oct 09. Agent has just requested Medicals and Character Refs, with 28 days for us to return them. Our status has changed but no one has mentined the words Case Officer yet, just processing further... ?

Guest Yorkshire girl35
If it was a city and guilds apprenticeship try contacting them with the dates and maybe also contacting any colleges he attended....

Yes i have rang City & Guilds- CITB- the college and also just spoke to his old teacher!! no one has records that go back to 1989-before computers remember, im at a dead end-looks like sunny donnie for us!!!

Yes i have rang City & Guilds- CITB- the college and also just spoke to his old teacher!! no one has records that go back to 1989-before computers remember, im at a dead end-looks like sunny donnie for us!!!

I use to get the pi*s took out of me for hoarding paperwork from way back....still got my first work payslips from begining of the 80's and obviously city and guilds certificates, college attendence records, etc... so glad I'm a sad 'git' because without it would have made it very difficult re-the visa.

Sorry cant help with your prob....as he tried searching in lofts, boxes under stairs/garage....................

Guest mikeskinner1272

You can get copies of your city and guilds...I finished mine in 1992 and got them from C&G....I paid £34 for them. It took about 8 weeks to turn up....All I had to do was put in my details, college, year, trade.....send an enquiry to

www.archiveservices@cityandguilds.com

or phone them on 02072942789

I used them in 2009...

Good Luck

Guest Ari3139

lift mechanic, SS granted Nov 2010 by SA. Visa 176 applied for Nov 2010 - Case officer assigned Feb 2011 - whoooppppiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

Have you spoken to an agent?

hubbie did an apprentice but the company he worked for went bust so he never had it signed off or something. anyway,we never had the paperwork either but an agent sorted all this out. Having said that he did have some/all payslips. I can't quite remember the details but we are the same age so no details were on record.

Talk to an agent who knows what hes doing.

:biggrin:Whoooooo Hooooooo C.O assigned today meds and Pcc requested. On such a high what a great day. South Australia we coming sooooon

Received email today from case officer for visa grant - OMG cant believe it only got CO on Friday - got visa grant email on Monday!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::goofy:

OH Carpenter Applied for 175 visa 26 March 2009, Meds finalised Feb 2011, CO Fri 18th Feb received Visa Monday 21st Feb!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Archived