Medicals in Manchester

steen1976

Anyone had to book a medical at the place in Manchester lately?

Was just wondering what the lead time is? I.e. how quickly can you get an appointment?

Have not applied for 457 yet but one of us will have to do a medical I think so just wondering how long we may need to wait for that part.

Thanks

We had the babies medical done in Manchester just after Christmas. We were asked when we wanted to go and I got the day I wanted.

Cant say I was impressed though, he told me the baby was underweight, he's not. But then how he'd know that I dont know because to weigh him he had me stand on an old fashioned dial scale. Weighed me then passed me the baby, weighed us both to get his weight!!!! Not great accuracy imo.

We had our meds at john st manchester on monday of this week - I brought the date foward by a month and the receptionist was very accommodating with changing the date and getting us in sooner - about a week away from booking - Dr Smith was great!

We had the babies medical done in Manchester just after Christmas. We were asked when we wanted to go and I got the day I wanted.

Cant say I was impressed though, he told me the baby was underweight, he's not. But then how he'd know that I dont know because to weigh him he had me stand on an old fashioned dial scale. Weighed me then passed me the baby, weighed us both to get his weight!!!! Not great accuracy imo.

We went to Halifax for our medicals. Its was cheaper than Manchester. We had them doen in 2008 and it didnt take long for an appointment.

Is Halifax still on the register of Panel Dr's? I thought it had been dropped when they did the new list last year?

Cal x

Is Halifax still on the register of Panel Dr's? I thought it had been dropped when they did the new list last year?

Cal x

Yeah it has been now. We went to York in 2005 for a medical/chest x-ray for the WHV but that's off the list too. From here in Sunderland it would be Manchester or Edinburgh but from posts on here it sounds like Manchester is way cheaper.

Thanks all for replies. A week would be fine if we can get that and she will need to cancel a days work anyway to do it so a week or two's notice would need to be given anyway. It'll be whatever it'll be I suppose but just a thought while I'm going up the walls waiting to apply.

We had our medicals done in Manchester in December, we saw Dr Smith. He was very nice and good with the kids. He was very fast in acting on uploading the info and requesting additional info from the hospital about myself and daughter. As soon as he received what he needed sent it off. Got an appointment when ever I wanted, got it within 3 days. The man who does the xrays is also very nice.

Good service, pity so expensive for a family of 4....

Best wishes

Donna

Guest alanericaferris

i had mine done in manchester (st johns street) on the 11th jan.....and it was cleared on the diac website on the 19th.....i thought they were brilliant....and quick...my husband had his done in maidenhead the week before mine and his still hasnt been updated on diac yet.... not good

Was just wondering what the lead time is? I.e. how quickly can you get an appointment?

Have not applied for 457 yet but one of us will have to do a medical I think so just wondering how long we may need to wait for that part.

Thanks

Had ours last week 28th Jan at Mcr only booked them on 14th Jan - really good. Had Dr Smith just waiting for them to show on DIAC now.

Thanks

As the rest of the posters said the place at Manchester is very quick and accomodating, though at the prices they all charge, so they should be.

Goood luck

Chris xx

Guest Taylor72
Good to hear they are quick with getting stuff of to DIAC too.

We had no problems with Manchester, phoned up and could of had an appointment the same week. Up load of meds done very quickly. Nothing bad to say .

Good luck

Annette

Guest scubabud

we've got ours booked in at Manchester I booked them on Monday and got an appointment for next Friday so roughly the waiting time is nearly 2 weeks that was the 1st one they had available

Archived