WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Hey everyone - can I join in?

Just starting out down the very long road of Visa-ville - got all the docs for a skills assessent with the solicitor to sign. Hoping to submit the app by the end of the week. And husband is heading out to Perth at Easter on his own (Carl Pilkington) to do a reccie and suss it all out.

I can't believe how quickly some of you are getting your skills assessments and WA sponsorships back. Good news they've changed the amount of experience you need to evidence (3 out of 5 years), means we should qualify and have a straight forward case?!?!

Does anyone know any good websites that advertise jobs they are willing to sponsor? We're looking for Construction Project Manager roles.

Good luck to you all

:laugh:

Hi there Miniwing. Of course you can join in. Welcome to the thread.

Which visa are you planning to apply for?

I don't know any websites but there's a Poms in Perth forum which might be able to help answer that question. :smile:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest perth42

Omg that's great news wahopeful!! I really hope the co's keep rolling! I'll keep checking I do have serious OCD and can't see it changing anytime soon lol! :jiggy::yellow_guy_smiling_:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Guest miniwing
Hi there Miniwing. Of course you can join in. Welcome to the thread.

Which visa are you planning to apply for?

I don't know any websites but there's a Poms in Perth forum which might be able to help answer that question. :smile:

Thanks! Hoping to get the skilled sponsored visa - 176. My husband qualifies as a construction project manager and has a degree in construction management too. He's been in the role for just over 3 years and passed his degree last June. So fingers crossed we shouldn't have too many issues.

I'll try the poms in perth forum, thanks.

You seemed to get your WA SS back fairly quickly. And you chose to use an agent? We're hoping to do it ourselves to save on some cost but it is a minefield. I have a contact at the WA immigration department in London who has been v helpful so hopefully we'll figure it all out as we go....

Thanks! Hoping to get the skilled sponsored visa - 176. My husband qualifies as a construction project manager and has a degree in construction management too. He's been in the role for just over 3 years and passed his degree last June. So fingers crossed we shouldn't have too many issues.

I'll try the poms in perth forum, thanks.

You seemed to get your WA SS back fairly quickly. And you chose to use an agent? We're hoping to do it ourselves to save on some cost but it is a minefield. I have a contact at the WA immigration department in London who has been v helpful so hopefully we'll figure it all out as we go....

Yes, we got the WA SS very quickly indeed (although we waited 7 months for the SMP!). We went with an agent because proving the work experience and employment history of a self employed bricklayer working with numerous sub-contrators was a headache for the Vetassess and GSM 176. I'm glad we did as I think we would have failed to understand some of the things that were being asked for. My OH had already attempted the process in 2006 before I met him and had failed at the skills assesment as he was 3 weeks short of work experience. An agent is costly though so if your case is straight forward then an agent may not be necessary, plenty of people on PIO have done it themselves. Good luck with your application.

Guest Nickynoonoo

Hello all you fellow WA bound peeps!

I hope I can join your little gang? It will be great to meet and chat to people in the same or similar positions to us!

We are one of the many people who are trying to race ahead to meet the deadline of the 30th June due to the changes coming into force.

My hubby is an IT Manager and we are currently waiting for his skills assessment to come back from ACS. Unfortunately they can take up to 12 weeks which is not good as they only received it on the 24th February. Has anyone had anything back from ACS before this time frame?

I have finished our WA application and it is with my agent waiting to be lodged once we hear back from ACS. He knows someone at WA so will be getting our application pushed through quickly, then we might have a chance of getting our 176 lodged before the end of June.

We are also looking into Employer sponsorship (ENS) as another option as our best friend in Perth works in IT recruitment so is keeping an eye out for potential sponsors who will do so on a permanent basis.

It will be great to get all this done in time, I might be able to sleep a full nights sleep!!

Well thats my little story! Its great to see so many of you getting nearer and nearer to living your dream.:smile:

Nicky x

Guest WA Jezza
Hello all you fellow WA bound peeps!

I hope I can join your little gang? It will be great to meet and chat to people in the same or similar positions to us!

We are one of the many people who are trying to race ahead to meet the deadline of the 30th June due to the changes coming into force.

My hubby is an IT Manager and we are currently waiting for his skills assessment to come back from ACS. Unfortunately they can take up to 12 weeks which is not good as they only received it on the 24th February. Has anyone had anything back from ACS before this time frame?

I have finished our WA application and it is with my agent waiting to be lodged once we hear back from ACS. He knows someone at WA so will be getting our application pushed through quickly, then we might have a chance of getting our 176 lodged before the end of June.

We are also looking into Employer sponsorship (ENS) as another option as our best friend in Perth works in IT recruitment so is keeping an eye out for potential sponsors who will do so on a permanent basis.

It will be great to get all this done in time, I might be able to sleep a full nights sleep!!

Well thats my little story! Its great to see so many of you getting nearer and nearer to living your dream.:smile:

Nicky x

Hi Nicky

Of course your welcome to join our "little gang" Fingers crossed for you in meeting the deadline, i know what its like in having a cut off point, mine was my 45th birthday, i made it with a little time to spare.

Look forward to following your progress and welcome aboard

Jez x

Hi Brideycollette,

Just followed the posts back to see where you'd got to with your visa.

Really sorry to hear that you are having problems :sad:.

I hope you find a way around it soon. Good luck and keep in touch so we know how you get on :wubclub:

:wubclub: I'm Back lol

:hug:Congrats to the people who have recieved a Co ( wow so quick !) and SS

After chatting to alot of ex/serving peeps who are on here ( a few have received visas lately )

We have got more info just in case a Co queries us ( hopefully we get a nice one )

Looks like some Co 's like to see the discharge paper some don't :daydreaming: glad everyone goes by the same book eh lol .

Well we have lodged today and going to bite the bullet !

Hope you are all well

Brides x

Guest perth42

Hey brides that's fab news! Glad you're going for it. I think in your circumstances it might be worth front loading as sods law don will be back @ sea and you'll be allocated a co gave to wait another 3 months until he's back on leave.

Lou xx

Hey brides that's fab news! Glad you're going for it. I think in your circumstances it might be worth front loading as sods law don will be back @ sea and you'll be allocated a co gave to wait another 3 months until he's back on leave.

Lou xx

Hey Lou ,

Thankyou ....Yer think we will do it on his leave .... can't be long for you now ! Fingers crossed !

Brides xx

Guest DereckDana

Got the email this morning that after the states review our 176 was granted! Visa being lodged with DIAC as I type :biggrin:

Guest WA Jezza

Hey Brides, good to see your back lol and with what sounds like a bit more encouraging news, lets keep our fingers crossed for you.

As for the meds, i spoke to my agent yesterday, he has told me to go ahead and book them, i am trying to work them around my Daughters leave from uni to make it all a little more simple, the only note of caution he gave me was that from the date of the meds, we will have twelve months to get out there, not a problem for me, however bearing in mind your hubbys job, it may be worth considering leaving your meds as late as possible to give you a bigger window, just a thought.

Jez

Hey Brides, good to see your back lol and with what sounds like a bit more encouraging news, lets keep our fingers crossed for you.

As for the meds, i spoke to my agent yesterday, he has told me to go ahead and book them, i am trying to work them around my Daughters leave from uni to make it all a little more simple, the only note of caution he gave me was that from the date of the meds, we will have twelve months to get out there, not a problem for me, however bearing in mind your hubbys job, it may be worth considering leaving your meds as late as possible to give you a bigger window, just a thought.

Jez

We wanted to leave as bigger window as possible as well so we waited until we got the CO before booking up the meds. I'm posting police checks off today as they've also got an expiry of 12 months. Hopefully everything will pan out so (if we get the visa -fingerscrossed!) we have until March next year to get over there.

Good to have you back on board Brides! Lets hope you get a nice CO who's following the other book! :wink:

Guest roymoody

Hi All

Like most poeple here I'm obsessed with monitoring this thread daily (or is it hourly?!) to keep an eye on the WA SS/DIAC timelines ... I applied for my WA SS on the 29/1/11 and was told SS applications were taking around 4 weeks. On the 25/2/11 I received an email to say everything was fine and my application was awaiting the final sign off which could take up to 2 weeks ... I've not heard anything yet but hoping to hear something soon.

I just wondered if anyone has applied for WA SS around mid-late Jan and heard anything back yet ? Most initial applications seem to be from December.

Thanks

Roy

Guest WA Jezza

Perth42, any news yet?? i have a feeling next week is going to be your week, still got my fingers crossed for you

Jez

Guest perth42

Hi Jez

No news yet :eek: I checked repeatedly last night.. At one point it said page can't be accessed or something (around 1.00am!) so I got excited thinking our application was being looked at... Sadly no change! Next Thursday is the magic 20 days so could be then :wink:

I am sure until the co is allocated I'll be doing my OCD checks lol!! You'll know when we have got a co you'll hear me cheering for joy.. Might even risk a celebratory drink (still wobbling on the crutches!):biggrin:

Guest WAhopeful
Guys have any of you front loaded meds ? i only ask because hubby is home on sunday then leaves for 3 months 11 April ?

If its any help we booked our meds before we had CO assigned with full intention to frontload if we don't get one assigned to us beforehand. Thinking behind it was that the changes that will come in July might bring on another processing freeze at some point this year and subsequent delays for all of us who are already in the system so I would get everything in the moment you get a chance. Whatever the quota is that the COs have to deliver by June is driving great progress for us at the moment but it may not be forever lasting?

Welcome to all new guys in this thread! We should all synchronise a drink to telepathically trigger Perth42 CO assignment!:jiggy:

X

If its any help we booked our meds before we had CO assigned with full intention to frontload if we don't get one assigned to us beforehand. Thinking behind it was that the changes that will come in July might bring on another processing freeze at some point this year and subsequent delays for all of us who are already in the system so I would get everything in the moment you get a chance. Whatever the quota is that the COs have to deliver by June is driving great progress for us at the moment but it may not be forever lasting?

Welcome to all new guys in this thread! We should all synchronise a drink to telepathically trigger Perth42 CO assignment!:jiggy:

X

thanks for that ! think we will do them on his leave this month :eek: because the world is going a lil crazy and won't know when he will be back after his leave

:jiggy: got to be soon perth42

Hi, just seen your post and Im looking to do the visa myself, new to this site and any help would be apprecaited...currently going to apply to WA for state sponsor visa 176, can you advise me where you did this after getting your skills test and english done, once I have these I want to apply to the state for Nomination? How did you do this many thanks

Hi there, just been reading you post and was hoping for some help!! We are going to apply to WA for state sponsor visa 176, waiting for skills and english test to be done .

Once you had all this info where did you apply next for the State nomination? and did you then have to go separately to the DIAC with another application?? Also, cant belive the turnaround time is only 4 weeks or so, the agent I was talking to said it could be 6-12 months!! any info apprecaited thanks

Guest perth42
Hi there, just been reading you post and was hoping for some help!! We are going to apply to WA for state sponsor visa 176, waiting for skills and english test to be done .

Once you had all this info where did you apply next for the State nomination? and did you then have to go separately to the DIAC with another application?? Also, cant belive the turnaround time is only 4 weeks or so, the agent I was talking to said it could be 6-12 months!! any info apprecaited thanks

Hi shazb

Once you've had your positive results for skills and language tests you need to go on migration.wa and follow the links to make your application (costs $200). Once you've submitted your application and documents you need to sit and wait for the ever hopeful 'approval' email

(in total it took just over 7 wks for ours.) Once you have state sponsorship you can formally lodge your application with DIAC... You'll need to wait some more (my oh calls this the hurry up and wait process!!!).

Good luck with your assessments. :wink:

Guest ukjackie

Getting worried now, Applied for 176 on 4/2/11 and still no CO :confused:

Anyone else waiting for CO who applied around that date??

Guest WAhopeful
Getting worried now, Applied for 176 on 4/2/11 and still no CO :confused:

Anyone else waiting for CO who applied around that date??

Hi ukjackie,

in their visa submission notification they do indicate 6 weeks timescales to assign a CO. So still technically a week to go even if some of us were lucky to get one assigned earlier. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Archived