WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Hi guys,

Have any W.Aers got a CO this week or last week? I thought we might have been lucky this week but still no CO in sight. I'm going by travelsparks timeline at the moment but i think that they have been lucky to get a CO in 3 weeks. Trying not to start moping about it as 4 weeks of waiting in nothing compared to those that have waited several years. Anyway just wanted to know how you are all getting on in the visa process. :biggrin: x

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sivakumar
Hi guys,

Have any W.Aers got a CO this week or last week? I thought we might have been lucky this week but still no CO in sight. I'm going by travelsparks timeline at the moment but i think that they have been lucky to get a CO in 3 weeks. Trying not to start moping about it as 4 weeks of waiting in nothing compared to those that have waited several years. Anyway just wanted to know how you are all getting on in the visa process. :biggrin: x

Hi mate, how long did Vetassess take to approve your application. Mine has so far been 7 weeks, but no reply

Guest jackfrew

Hi Hevchick

We got our CO last Thursday. This is our timeline:

Agent - Apr 10

Vetassess paperwork passed - End May 10

Vetassess practical sat - Aug 10

Vetassess results back after 4 weeks, because the assessor had other countries to go to first. - Sept 10

WA SS lodged 20/12/2010, assessed email on 10/01/2011, approval email on 27/01/2011.

DIAC application lodged 04/02/2011, CO on 24/02/2011, medicals booked 05/03/2011 (we are lucky to get them as it is a 6-8 weeks for Edinburgh, got a cancellation, and on a Saturday) Police Checks sent away too.

So we got a CO in 20 days.

Sharon

Guest travelsparks
Hi Hevchick

Agent - Apr 10

Vetassess results back after 4 weeks, because the assessor had other countries to go to first. - Sept 10

WA SS lodged 20/12/2010, assessed email on 10/01/2011, approval email on 27/01/2011.

DIAC application lodged 04/02/2011, CO on 24/02/2011, medicals booked 05/03/2011 (we are lucky to get them as it is a 6-8 weeks for Edinburgh, got a cancellation, and on a Saturday) Police Checks sent away too.

Sharon

excellent same as us 20days:notworthy:

Guest perth42

I hope it's 20 days (or less :wink:) I'm already checking our status on DIAC every night and morning... I'm a sad bu88er... OCD :biggrin:

Guest boyllba
Hi,

We are in Cumbernauld and OH is a mechanic too, also we are using Darren (Visa Go) they have been amazing, can't fault them. Did you go to the seminar in Edinburgh on 12th Feb? We are at the medical's and police check stage. Medical's on Sat 5th March.

Where about's are you I know you see outskirt's, but there are plenty of them. Lol.

Sharon

we live in erskine and yes we went to the seminar. still waiting for the vetassess results to push on for wa ss, and then the visa application. where are you hoping to settle in oz and what has been your timeline so far ?

Guest WA Jezza

Hi Guys n Gals

Still waiting to hear, spoke to my agent earlier, he thinks the people who have been granted their CO's so quickly are the very lucky few, so , i'm not going to build my hopes up too much at the moment, that said i am like an ill sitting hen and secretly hope it happens very soon

Cheers

Jez

Guest WA Jezza

BTW perth42, hows the foot, you still hobbling around or is it on the mend now? I'm still in agony after my op!!!!!

Jez

Guest Jessi1
Hi Guys n Gals

Still waiting to hear, spoke to my agent earlier, he thinks the people who have been granted their CO's so quickly are the very lucky few, so , i'm not going to build my hopes up too much at the moment, that said i am like an ill sitting hen and secretly hope it happens very soon

Cheers

Jez

I applied 22/02/11 and thinking to do Meds and PCC, does your agent ask that?

Hi Hevchick

Agent - Apr 10

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for that. :wubclub: It's been over 24 days for us now so I'm hoping that next week will bring a CO for us. Looking at your time line it looks like you've had a good run and not had to wait very long for any part of your application.

Has anyone checked the progress of their application on-line? We have an agent so I'd not been on it until today and now I'm worried as on the document checklist everything is saying "required" next to it. Is this normal? I'm pretty sure our agent has attached all the documents to the application except for police & meds. Does it change once you get a CO? If anyone knows please put my worrying at ease.:unsure: Thanks x

My greatest fear is that DIAC hasn't got our SS agreement so they've put us in CAT3 and we don't know it! But it has only been 24 days so I guess I'm probably worrying about nothing. Oh the joys of waiting! :yes:

Hi Guys n Gals

Cheers

Jez

Hi Jezza,

I think my agent's going to tell me the same thing when I phone her and my OH definitely thinks that and is constantly telling me to stop getting my hopes up. Unfortunately I can't help it, I was so sure we'd have a CO by the end of this week. Typical!:laugh:

Anyway hope you feel better soon. Hev x

Guest WA Jezza
I applied 22/02/11 and thinking to do Meds and PCC, does your agent ask that?

Hi Jessi1, my agent has suggest i wait until i have a CO appointed and follow their lead regarding getting meds and PCC done, i know others have done differently but my agent has been great this far so wil continue to follow his advice.

Cheers

Jez

Hi mate, how long did Vetassess take to approve your application. Mine has so far been 7 weeks, but no reply

Hi Sivakumar,

How are you? Are you still waiting to hear from Vetassess?

The occupation you are having assessed, I seem to remember, is different from my OH (Bricklayer) so I'm not sure if my answer is going to be of any use. In total (both evidence based and pratical assesements) it took 4 months to receive confirmation that he had passed. I presume that different occupations may have different processing times. I suggest that maybe you should contact them to if you are concerned. Hope that helps :smile:

Guest WA Jezza
Hi Jezza,

I think my agent's going to tell me the same thing when I phone her and my OH definitely thinks that and is constantly telling me to stop getting my hopes up. Unfortunately I can't help it, I was so sure we'd have a CO by the end of this week. Typical!:laugh:

Anyway hope you feel better soon. Hev x

Hiya Hev

I know the feeling, i keep telling myself it will happen when they decide it will, still doesn't stop the OCD though, especially as i am sat at home at this moment in time feeling sorry for myself after my op, seems like there is nothing better to do :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

It WILL happen for us and i'm sure it will be sooner rather than later, here's to next week

Jez xx

Guest travelsparks

It seems as though they are processing SA quicker this week!! It is all done in date order

Guest perth42
BTW perth42, hows the foot, you still hobbling around or is it on the mend now? I'm still in agony after my op!!!!!

Jez

Cheers Jez - I'm still hobbling will be for some more weeks to come yet! Had stitches out today and my foots smarting now almost like it was when I came round after the op!! :eek: To top it all I managed to pick up a cold and can't stop sneezing!! Hope your pain subsides soon! Speedy recovery :wink:

Guest perth42

Hi that's what ours says. We are also using an agent. Our application was submitted on the 24/2/11. I think once the co is assigned then the docs are uploaded etc and possible further requests, plus meds and pcc's. :wink:

Hi Paulswin and Perth42,

It's all standard. I spoke to my agent yesterday as I was concerned that our documents were't attached to our application. She said that I shouldn't bother using the on-line application checker as it's only updated once you get a CO and even then some of them don't bother to update it. She's had some clients who have got their visas without it changing at all! So it's only as good as the information that the CO's put on it - typical for a government department (I know this from experience)! She also told me that she doesn't want me to waste time checking it 3 times a day (she knows about me email obsession!) :laugh:.

At least I have PIO to spend time trawling through and stop me going mad while I'm waiting for the magical day that we get a CO :wink:

I hope that's helped put your minds at ease, it helped me - sort of! Hev x

Guest WAhopeful

Hi All,

How do you guys check your 176 CO progress ? I went to check online and received a reply saying not to ask for progress within the fist 6 weeks, that's how long they have to allocate a case officer. The e-mail also had an attachment with timescales showing that currently they are assessing all applications submitted before the 17th of Feb.......we missed it by two days! So we are just sitting tight and a serious mobile phone e-mail checking OCD is developing nicely......

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - waiting for a CO......

Hi All,

How do you guys check your 176 CO progress ? I went to check online and received a reply saying not to ask for progress within the fist 6 weeks, that's how long they have to allocate a case officer. The e-mail also had an attachment with timescales showing that currently they are assessing all applications submitted before the 17th of Feb.......we missed it by two days! So we are just sitting tight and a serious mobile phone e-mail checking OCD is developing nicely......

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - waiting for a CO......

Hey there WAhopeful,

Did you go to this webpage: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa ? This is the on-line check that I used and got the messages that are in the previous posts. I wouldn't contact the DIAC directly until you definitely know that you application is taking a long time, apparently they get a bit annoyed with that :wink:

Guest travelsparks
I checked our visa application just now and it says application being processed further on the 2nd March is that a standard thing or can I get a little excited!!!???

If it has new dates then a case officer must be working on it and will be in contact in a couple of days to ask questions of what they want form you etc .

Looks like any day now!!!

Guest travelsparks

Another question!!!! I just looked at document check list and its got everything required (ie birth/marriage certificate etc etc) is that standard too?? We're using an agent!
When they have updates it it will say met, if the date on the left hand side is different to the day of lodging it then you have a CO looking at it

Archived