WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope all you guys get it soon xx

:cry: we can't apply yet... i have all the info ready but had a bomb shell today because hubby is in the forces it is complicated with the 176 ...so we trying to see what we can do to rectify this ...somehow

:wideeyed:agent asked if we would be giving OH notice in soon ( he has to give 12 months notice ) :swoon: no way ! unless we have a visa we would be mad to do so at this time .

Why would oh have to give notice in? I thought as long as you can activate the visa within 12 months thats ok! I guess its different because your oh is in the forces. Keep your chin up Bridey it'll all work out for you guys :biggrin:

Hey Perth42 has your date changed on your visa status too??

Guest perth42
Why would oh have to give notice in? I thought as long as you can activate the visa within 12 months thats ok! I guess its different because your oh is in the forces. Keep your chin up Bridey it'll all work out for you guys :biggrin:

Hey Perth42 has your date changed on your visa status too??

Brides I hope you get sorted - I see what paulwin's is saying but I guess if hubby doesn't give notice he has to sign up for a longer period 5-10yr stint- unless den's @ the end of his service. I'm sure where there's a will there's a way. Have you & Den's ever considered transferring to Australian navy? I'm sure I watched some telly programme where the bloke transferred to the Oz RAF. Times have changed but when my dad was due to finish his 22yrs he seriously considered joining the Anzacs. (if only we could of been in Oz for yrs!). Chin up don't give up on the dream. Xx

Paul I got all excited and logged on but application says the same nothing changed yet :sad: but hopefully we all get processed quickly and get our visa's soon! :biggrin: have you been requested to have meds and police checks yet?

Lou :wink:

Hi paul thats what we thought ! but got this yesterday

This could be a bit of a problem. DIAC won't normally grant a visa to a serving member of overseas armed forces, and need to see that discharge is due during the period the visa is valid for.

If this application is processed within a few months, as we expect it to be, they will want to know that Dennis can leave during the following 12 months while his visa is valid for initial entry.

What were you planning to do about leaving if the visa is processed in the next few months? If Dennis is planning to give notice soon, so that he can leave within 12 months, that would be fine, but obviously its a big step to take without the visas.

:arghh: So we had a chat with agent again explaining if its because of the au immgration scared that he would go AWOL lol he has served in the navy for 22 years why would he do that he has to much to lose to do that .

So reply we got back

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation Dennis, because they won't usually issue the visa until they are satisfied you are free to migrate.

I must stress that different case officers have their own views on this, but I wouldn't normally lodge an application unless it looked like you would be free to go within the next 6 -10 months.

:confused:Is it me or this saying if we got the right co they might pass it but if we get a co who is having a bad day we might not ......

So complicated lol

Brides I hope you get sorted - I see what paulwin's is saying but I guess if hubby doesn't give notice he has to sign up for a longer period 5-10yr stint- unless den's @ the end of his service. I'm sure where there's a will there's a way. Have you & Den's ever considered transferring to Australian navy? I'm sure I watched some telly programme where the bloke transferred to the Oz RAF. Times have changed but when my dad was due to finish his 22yrs he seriously considered joining the Anzacs. (if only we could of been in Oz for yrs!). Chin up don't give up on the dream. Xx

Paul I got all excited and logged on but application says the same nothing changed yet :sad: but hopefully we all get processed quickly and get our visa's soon! :biggrin: have you been requested to have meds and police checks yet?

Lou :wink:

We started down the RAN route in 2009 but his trade was not on the list ( actually had only just taken his trade off the list )

Then we started for a 175 ( modl) then they took the modl off !

:wubclub:i so wish dennis had just been a hairdresser lmao

NO NO NO Bridey not a hairdresser they got took off WA list I think he should have been a bricklayer or floor layer lol!!! Can your agent just lodge the visa and see if the co says anything?? I can't see how they can expect your oh to hand in his notice without the guarantee of a visa. Theres got to be another way around it????

Perth42 We have'nt booked medicals yet we've filled out police checks and done a character reference so they're all ready to go but still a little bit dubious of booking meds until we get a co even though agent said to do it if we want, we'll give it another couple of weeks I think!

Guest WA Jezza

Well, will this be the week that was? To all those who like me are awaiting a CO, good luck and fingers crossed

Jez

Guest WAhopeful

Fingers crossed we will all have good news soon!

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - waiting for a CO......

Can't believe how fast its all happening now after being in limbo for so long. I honestly thought it was going to take ages so we booked a holiday to Perth and fly out on Friday for a month :), can't wait but could have done with saving the money now, never mind though Perth here we come.

Good luck to all

Guest WA Jezza
Can't believe how fast its all happening now after being in limbo for so long. I honestly thought it was going to take ages so we booked a holiday to Perth and fly out on Friday for a month :), can't wait but could have done with saving the money now, never mind though Perth here we come.

Good luck to all

Hey Guys

Enjoy Perth and say hello to her for me, i was going to do the same and book a holiday out there for a month, but with everything happening so quickly i am going to save my money and make the next ticket booked a one way one :biggrin:

Have a fab time

Jez

Guest WAhopeful

Hi guys,

I have posted this query before but no luck with response - anyone out there who knows the answer?

Once we submitted the online 176 application, an automated e-mail came through stating:

DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS

If you have not already done so, you will need to provide the department with the documents listed below by attaching these documents to the eVisa browser:

- birth certificate or other evidence of age;

- copy of passport Personal Particulars/Photograph(bio-data) page;

- IELTS English Test Report Results;

- evidence of recent Australian qualifications - this includes transcript(s) and letter(s) of completion or evidence of recent work experience;

- form 80 - Personal Particulars for Character Assessment;

- form 1221 - Additional Personal Particulars Information;

- passport photograph;

- receipt for application for AFP check and your AFP check (if you have applied for an onshore GSM visa);

- evidence of arrangements to undergo a medical examination (if you have applied for an onshore GSM visa);

- satisfactory skills assessment for your nominated occupation. Please include all evidence of work experience you used to obtain this assessment. If you applied for an onshore GSM visa please also provide evidence of when you applied for your skills assessment

- overseas police clearances (if you have applied for an onshore GSM visa) - you must provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years. These 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not consecutively. The Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates form (formerly known as form 47P) provides country-specific instructions on how to obtain a police clearance and is available on the department's website: Applications and Forms - Visas & Immigration.

If you have applied for an offshore GSM visa, your case officer will contact you when you need to undertake health and character checks.

TIMEFRAME FOR RESPONSE

Where applicable you must provide all additional documents (identified above) within 28 days after the date of this email, otherwise your application may be decided without the additional information being taken into account.

The two highlighted in red forms - seems like we have provided this information in the main online application so do these need to be completed now at this stage again or am I misreading the information in this automated e-mail.... any guidance would be appreciated before I commence another form filling exercise before the 28 days is upon us.

Thank you

Engineer - WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - waiting for a CO......

Guest leeds2

Hello!

Wonder if anyone can advise as I'm starting to loose my mind now....

i work in recruitment (3 years) OH is scaffolder(4 years fully qualified) he previously was a qualified printer for 11 years.

I have seen printer and recruitment consultant on the list for WA SS but am not clear how much expereince is needed and who to ask for more guidance. I don't want to submit an application if there is no point.

Can any one tell me more about this and if there is grounds for me to apply?

Thanks

:wacko:

Guest WAhopeful

Congratulations :em3600: Onwards you move! Hope for the rest of us. Keep the good news coming.

Guest perth42

Wicked Paul!! They seem to be progressing well! I hope it carries on @ this speed!!! Wee celebration called for tonight then :wink:

Whoop Whoop!!!!!!! We got a Case Officer today :biggrin: Sooooo excited!!!!

Congratulations Paulswin! That's excellent news:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:.

That may mean we'll be next!! Hooray! We've haven't done our meds yet, have you done yours?

So pleased for you. :biggrin:

I just been on the on-line application checker (couldn't help myself after hearing paulswin's good news) and we've got the further processing thing 08/03 now as well and all our submiited docs are being shown as being met and it says on my OH's part that an email has been sent to us! we've not had the email but maybe the agent has?? Does this mean we have a CO???

OMG just got a call from agent while writing this.

We have a CO!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:Woo hooooo!!!!

Guest perth42

Yippee, congrates!! :biggrin: I'm so excited that things are progressing so well with everyone now after last years waiting! I think our co is in reaching distance (well hopefully in the next 10 days or so!!)

Good luck to all like us are waiting for those next magic words... Case officer!!!:wink:

Guest WA Jezza

Massive congratulations to Paul and Hev, I'm really really pleased for you both and will raise a glass to you later, hopefully i can share the same news with you all really soon.

Jez

Thank you very much Perth42 and WAJezza :smile:.

I'm looking forward to you both joining paulswin and me and getting your CO's. Must be a matter of days for you both now :yes:. I can't believe how quickly it's happened since WA sponsorship opened. I've just booked the medicals - £580 lighter now! Think I'll be waiting a little bit longer for my house with a pool :laugh:! XX

Archived