WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roymoody

After many months of waiting for new SOL's, new SMP's, new proceedures, it looks as though things are now moving very fast.

I submitted my WA SS application 4 weeks ago (31/1) and emailed WA last week to see if they needed anything else ... I received an email straight back stating "Everything is fine, we are just waiting on the final sign off" so I'm hoping I will hear something positive soon.

Has anyone else submitted a WA SS application in Jan/early Feb and heard anything back yet ?

Guest travelsparks
After many months of waiting for new SOL's, new SMP's, new proceedures, it looks as though things are now moving very fast.

I submitted my WA SS application 4 weeks ago (31/1) and emailed WA last week to see if they needed anything else ... I received an email straight back stating "Everything is fine, we are just waiting on the final sign off" so I'm hoping I will hear something positive soon.

Has anyone else submitted a WA SS application in Jan/early Feb and heard anything back yet ?

they are taking approx 1 month to process

Guest roymoody
they are taking approx 1 month to process

..and can you estimate how long the 176 will take from application to completion now ? It looks as though DIAC could be getting through them within a few months ??

I'm going to apply for my meds and police checks as soon as I submit the 176 ... and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Roy

Guest travelsparks
..and can you estimate how long the 176 will take from application to completion now ? It looks as though DIAC could be getting through them within a few months ??

I'm going to apply for my meds and police checks as soon as I submit the 176 ... and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Roy

okay we got a case officer after three weeks of lodging our 176 if that helps

Guest travelsparks
Would'nt it be nice if we all got Case Officers this week!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I wouldnt be surprised if you all dont get a case officer vefore the week is out

Guest sivakumar

I am about to lodge my application with WA for a sponsorship... Could any successful person list out which documents I will need to attach along with online state sponsorship?

Guest WA Jezza

Hi Guys n Gals

Have not posted for a while due to an operation and hospital layup so just getting back on my feet at the moment, anyhow good luck to all those who are waiting for their CO, it would be great news if a few of us got one granted this week, fingers crossed for you all

Jez

Guest sivakumar
Hi Guys n Gals

Have not posted for a while due to an operation and hospital layup so just getting back on my feet at the moment, anyhow good luck to all those who are waiting for their CO, it would be great news if a few of us got one granted this week, fingers crossed for you all

Jez

I am about to lodge my application with WA for a sponsorship... Could any successful person list out which documents I will need to attach along with online state sponsorship?

Guest travelsparks

I cant remember attaching anything except just filling in loads of questions and budget planning I remember springs to mind and also what areas you want to live hope that helps you need to download your life history when it comes to the 176

Guest perth42
Hi Guys n Gals

Jez

Hi Jez

You and me both - I've just had a foot op - so hobbling around! We only lodged with DIAC last week yeah - its been a long hard road! I'm hoping co's are allocated quickly... Others have waited the magic 20 days and had co's requesting meds and police checks.

Keep us posted.. I don't think you'll be waiting long!

:wink: :fish: :biggrin:

Guest ed and jen

HI ALL

HAVENT BEEN ON FOR A WHILE AS BEEN BUSY WITH SELLING OUR HOUSE AND PACKING UP. WEVE HAD YET MORE HASTLE!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. LAST TIME OUR AGENT DIDNT PUT EDS COPY OF HIS PHOTO PAGE FROM HIS PASSPORT IN APPLICATION SO WE GOT REJECTED. HAD TO SUBMIT AGAIN ON THE 14TH FEB. TODAY WE GOT A MAIL FROM W.A. S.S, ASKING US IF WE HAD EXTRA FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR SETTLEMENT IN PERTH, AS WHAT WE HAD PUT WASNT ENOUGH TO BE ACCEPTED!!!!! WE COULDNT BELIEVE IT. WE PHONED OUR AGENT IN PERTH, TO BE TOLD THAT THE DECIMAL POINT HAD BEEN PUT IN WRONG PLACE AND THERE WAS A NAUGHT MISSING. ARRRRRGH!!!!!!! WE REALLY COULD SWEAR BIG TIME. WHAT THE HELL DO WE HAVE AGENTS FOR AND PAY THEM MASSIVE FEES!!!!! SHE GOT IT WRONG AGAIN, A TYPING ERROR. OH MY GOD THE FRUSTRATION IS UNBEARABLE. ANYWAY ALL SORTED HOPEFULLY. WE HAVE NOW RECIEVED A MAIL SAYING FOR THE SECOND TIME APPLICATION BEING PROCESSED. A YEAR ON AND STILL BLOODY WAITING TO SUBMIT VISA APPLICATION. WE REALLY HAD BETTER GET THERE AFTER ALL THIS.:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

JEN & ED

Guest perth42

Have faith Jen & Ed...sounds like your agent is a total imbecile!!! I think I'd be firing of a serious letter/email demanding someone more capable to handle your case! We used a Aussie migration agent in 2005 after following their advice at an expo - long story short we are here using uk agent years later! Really if you can complete the e176 (something like that) form yourself when you get approval do it. Our agent sent us a draft copy to approve it to be fair didn't look that daunting..

Good luck with the outcome, I'm sure it will come right for you soon. :wink:

Guest ed and jen

we have payed our agent all the money owed as thy wanted it before we submited our wa ss . that was may last year and due to the goverment it wasnt lodged untill dec 2010 .i wont do it myself as ive already payed a agent to do this for me. just hope no more hickups

ed and jen

Guest boyllba

how lucky are you it's all happening so quick now. what trade is your oh in ? my oh attended his vetassess practical in london 24 feb for motor mechanic, just have to wait the 10 days now for the results if all good will apply for wa ss then hopefully full steam ahead at the same rate as your application. good luck....

Guest travelsparks
HI ALL

HAVENT BEEN ON FOR A WHILE AS BEEN BUSY WITH SELLING OUR HOUSE AND PACKING UP. WEVE HAD YET MORE HASTLE!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. LAST TIME OUR AGENT DIDNT PUT EDS COPY OF HIS PHOTO PAGE FROM HIS PASSPORT IN APPLICATION SO WE GOT REJECTED. HAD TO SUBMIT AGAIN ON THE 14TH FEB. TODAY WE GOT A MAIL FROM W.A. S.S, ASKING US IF WE HAD EXTRA FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR SETTLEMENT IN PERTH, AS WHAT WE HAD PUT WASNT ENOUGH TO BE ACCEPTED!!!!! WE COULDNT BELIEVE IT. WE PHONED OUR AGENT IN PERTH, TO BE TOLD THAT THE DECIMAL POINT HAD BEEN PUT IN WRONG PLACE AND THERE WAS A NAUGHT MISSING. ARRRRRGH!!!!!!! WE REALLY COULD SWEAR BIG TIME. WHAT THE HELL DO WE HAVE AGENTS FOR AND PAY THEM MASSIVE FEES!!!!! SHE GOT IT WRONG AGAIN, A TYPING ERROR. OH MY GOD THE FRUSTRATION IS UNBEARABLE. ANYWAY ALL SORTED HOPEFULLY. WE HAVE NOW RECIEVED A MAIL SAYING FOR THE SECOND TIME APPLICATION BEING PROCESSED. A YEAR ON AND STILL BLOODY WAITING TO SUBMIT VISA APPLICATION. WE REALLY HAD BETTER GET THERE AFTER ALL THIS.:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

JEN & ED

thats terrible

Guest travelsparks
we have payed our agent all the money owed as thy wanted it before we submited our wa ss . that was may last year and due to the goverment it wasnt lodged untill dec 2010 .i wont do it myself as ive already payed a agent to do this for me. just hope no more hickups

ed and jen

goood luck

Guest ed and jen
how lucky are you it's all happening so quick now. What trade is your oh in ? My oh attended his vetassess practical in london 24 feb for motor mechanic, just have to wait the 10 days now for the results if all good will apply for wa ss then hopefully full steam ahead at the same rate as your application. Good luck....

hi

my husband is also a motor mechanic . The vetassess part went quick, we had the results back before the ten days. So fingers crossed you wont wait that long. What part of w.a do you want to go to? We are hoping to get to north perth, kinross, clarkson, joondalup area. Where abouts in the uk are you from? Keeping our fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

Jen & ed

Guest boyllba
hi

my husband is also a motor mechanic . The vetassess part went quick, we had the results back before the ten days. So fingers crossed you wont wait that long. What part of w.a do you want to go to? We are hoping to get to north perth, kinross, clarkson, joondalup area. Where abouts in the uk are you from? Keeping our fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

Jen & ed

we are from scotland on the outskirts of glasgow, we also are hoping to settle in the north. i liked the look of south of the river but feel there are lots moer secondary schools in the north area for our 14 year old daughter and tafe should our 16 year old choose that option if he can't get an appenticeship as a joiner. the kids are our main reason for the move as there are no opportunities here for them. as far as agents go we could not fault ours so far....(visa-go.com, edinburgh...darren chatt) he constantly keeps us in the loop and we always speak personally to him...how far along are you now.

regards lorraine :cute:

Guest jackfrew

Hi,

We are in Cumbernauld and OH is a mechanic too, also we are using Darren (Visa Go) they have been amazing, can't fault them. Did you go to the seminar in Edinburgh on 12th Feb? We are at the medical's and police check stage. Medical's on Sat 5th March.

Where about's are you I know you see outskirt's, but there are plenty of them. Lol.

Sharon

Archived