WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest ed and jen

Hi all

well today we finally got our state sponsorship!!! For western australia. Its been along time coming. Submitting visa application next week. We thought the wait for the ss was bad. I bet the wait for the visa is agony. Really want to be there now. Its been a year already what with the sponsorships closing and the goverment elections holding things up. Lets hope its plain sailing now. Good luck to you all.

Ed & jen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest perth42

Yah!! Congratulations.. Yes the DIAC allocation of a co wait is agony let alone waiting for the glorious visa in your passport!! Keep plenty of wine in stock to keep you going lol!

Guest jaffinoz

Hi all,

Back to the waiting game for a while for us as well. If there's one thing this process has taught us, it's to WAIT!!! Frustrating though, we just wanna put house on market whilst we wait, but scared to until we see visa stampted on passport!! So..much to do, but can't until we get approval, that's the frustrating thing for us!!

Timeline: (Registered Mental Nurse).No Agent. IELTS: 24/04/10. ANMC Skills Ass:10/05/10 approved 08/06/10. WA SS app:22/12/10 approved 11/02/11. 176 Online app: 24/02/11

Guest jaffinoz
Hi when are the sponsorships closing? We are waiting for my partners tra skills assessment to come back? Hopefully in the next couple of weeks and we can lodge the s s app?

I haven't heard of SS closing, I think ED & Jen were talking about things being held up in 2010 due to delayed announcement of State Migration Plan and 2010's election.

Guest travelsparks
Hi all

well today we finally got our state sponsorship!!! For western australia. Its been along time coming. Submitting visa application next week. We thought the wait for the ss was bad. I bet the wait for the visa is agony. Really want to be there now. Its been a year already what with the sponsorships closing and the goverment elections holding things up. Lets hope its plain sailing now. Good luck to you all.

Ed & jen

SAme here well done, it took us 20 days from submitting to getting a CO so fingers crossed

Guest WAhopeful
Hi when are the sponsorships closing? We are waiting for my partners tra skills assessment to come back? Hopefully in the next couple of weeks and we can lodge the s s app?

State sponsorship isn't closing but new changes in terms of points system and maybe other changes are coming in July - it's crucial that you get things moving as fast as you can guys to get in before new process. Unless it benefits you to submit on new basis.

Good luck though!:v_SPIN:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Guest WAhopeful
Hi all

Ed & jen

Congratulations! and good luck! The dream sunshine coast is closer with every day! :wink:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Guest sjmmdm

Hi, have just found this site and it's lovely to see commemts of exactly where you are !! My sis is in Perth and we ve had TRA back for Chef and will lodge WA SS on mon so also hoping to get all done by July.

Hi, have just found this site and it's lovely to see commemts of exactly where you are !! My sis is in Perth and we ve had TRA back for Chef and will lodge WA SS on mon so also hoping to get all done by July.

Hi therehow long has yr tra taken? Fingers crossed we should get it all done by july! Can i ask abt the financial bit for the ss form what have you put:yes: for relocation costs? Also are you gointo be taking a lot of money over with you?

Guest perth42
Thats good was worried for a minute! Fingrs crossed we get it done! Can anyone give me the heads up on whats involved on the actual visa app for the 176?

I'll try from what I remember...

1) $200 fee

2) Research on three areas you would wish to settle (such as Perth, Geraldton, Peel, etc) and 500 characters on why you want to live in the chosen areas.

3) Finances - how much you have (think that's 200 characters)

4) Financial research on how much it will cost for flights and shipping.

5) Financial research on your predicted family expenditure per month.

6) Evidence of researching the job Market for the occupation your in

That's about it I think - the first few pages were your personal bits...

You also need to upload a recent cv, your bio page of your passport and your skills assessment. - that's the page before payment...

Seem to think that's about it... Good luck

- get researching and get that cv up-to-date :wink:

:fish:

Guest perth42
Ps do you have to put 3 areas? Orcan we just put perth as thats where my boyfs brother and friends are?

I've no idea on that it asked for three so I put three down - my thinking was if Perth's full then the other areas might be an option.

Just remembered something else - asks if you know anyone in Oz and where they are... Just their names and relationship family/friend - I knew a few in Perth and I have some relations by married that have been in SA since 1940's but I didn't want to risk putting them down as they weren't in wa!

Guest WAhopeful
Ps do you have to put 3 areas? Orcan we just put perth as thats where my boyfs brother and friends are?

Hi there

there is a slight difference depending on whether you are going through agents or doing it yourself. We employed agents originally and had to provide far more than actually needed. Cutting long story short the agents messed up our application in terms of timescales and not submitting it etc and we terminated them and submitted ourselves in December. Perth42 list is spot on but, I only believe having to provide one destination and the key is to be able to just list stuff in bullet points in your research rather than write an essay, the system will only let you input 200 characters ( not words, characters i.e. letter, coma etc) and I spent hours cutting down extensive research into hardly anything.

When the SS written confirmation came through, the statement that you sign actually commits you to bring in the amounts you state in your application in terms of assets/funds from selling property, savings etc. So don't be tempted to overstate to look better to get the SS - I was at the time but glad we didn't as it came as a surprise to see it written down in the commitment statement.

Good luck! :yes:

Guest sjmmdm

So glad I read that as about to fill in finances, our house is main source of funds but it's very hard to judge what your house will sell for and even a rough guide to selling your bits what happens if the house market dips etc. you would have signed in good faith that you would bring the money.

Guest sjmmdm

Our TRA did not take long about 6wks for relocation I put 8OOO AU as looked at some sites for shipping and that was average incl flights but think it will be lower as seen a thread about boxes that was much cheaper and we won't bring furniture as we don't have expensive stuff here. Re money no we don't have lots of money we will aim for oh to work asap and look into jobs before we go as my sister is there ,but have to admit bit nervous of finances as thread further on explains you sign that you will bring money.

Guest WAhopeful

I am not sure how they would check if you bring what you state originally, market moves but we were honest and like you say signed in good faith which is the right thing to do. Fingers crossed, the house will sell when we need it to sell. Like most of us we are hoping to secure jobs as soon as we get there but are prepared to rent for the first 6 to 12 months unless the house we like comes to the market when we get there. We are determined to live in a specific suburb so the settling time might take longer by restricting ourselves like that. All adventure though and looking forward to it, with ups and downs!

One thing though, while we didn't necessarily calculate it into the visa application on relocation, realistically I don't think the costs will decrease....we have now calculated in things like paying to have pensions transferred, doctors/dental records moved and hiring a car for the first so many weeks and similar things. All in all some money behind will be good, probably equivalent to 3-4 your monthly earnings in UK to keep you going for the first couple of months over there.

Christmas on the beach!:yes:

Guest sivakumar

Hi friends, Congrats to everyone. Most of you has had positive outcomes from WA and dreaming to live and work in Australia....

Could any one give me a brief information that I need to include in the application (money, job search, etc...) from your experience please?

Guest travelsparks
Hi friends, Congrats to everyone. Most of you has had positive outcomes from WA and dreaming to live and work in Australia....

Could any one give me a brief information that I need to include in the application (money, job search, etc...) from your experience please?

You need to know what area you would like to live in and state your reasons, how much money you will be taking to WA (sale of house etc), you will need to do a budget planner regards food etc might be worth have a quick look at cosrs of living , and the rest is just normal personal questions about family etc, nothing too much they leave that for the 176!!!

Guest sivakumar
You need to know what area you would like to live in and state your reasons, how much money you will be taking to WA (sale of house etc), you will need to do a budget planner regards food etc might be worth have a quick look at cosrs of living , and the rest is just normal personal questions about family etc, nothing too much they leave that for the 176!!!

I have already managed to find some information about employability and other stuffs. Could you give the break down of the cost that you used in your application, if you don't mind?

Guest travelsparks
I have already managed to find some information about employability and other stuffs. Could you give the break down of the cost that you used in your application, if you don't mind?

We are a family of three and basically said from our wages that a third would go on rent/mortgage then a further third on paying the bills and food and a third left to invest.

The food I said would be approx $120.00 a week give or take alone if that helps

Guest travelsparks

They basically want to know that if you cannot get work straight away then you can support yourself like the sale of your house and any savings, what I say is dont over do it to make you look richer than you are as they say at the end of the successful application when approved funds you need to prove you have, undersell rather than oversell is one tip I would give especially with the Rate of exchange at the moment as well

Guest travelsparks

and dont worry as your little smiley says, it will be fine!!

Guest ukjackie

Has anyone ever emailed DIAC via their application enquiry screen?

Did so last week but was wondering how long for a reply?

Archived