WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi everyone

First post on this thread - congratulations to those with sponsorship and COs and subsequently visas.

We have received our sponsorship last week and I wonder whether we should be doing our meds and police checks? I have said previously on other threads that I would not do it in case they change the rules again but is it worth taking the risk and get them front loaded?

I have contacted all the panel drs as we are about 2 -2.5 hours from each of them and Birmingham can take us on 4th April.

Any advice gratefully received :hug:

Donna xxx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChiltzandTig

hi donna, we did exactly that. got vic sponsorship and decided to front load. booked meds for the 22 march and did police checks. we got a case officer the day our police checks arrived back and a week before the meds were booked. so we now have all our checks met and are just waiting for meds to be finalized. very happy that we front loaded:biggrin:

Guest perth42

A quick word of warning - we got ss from WA early feb and we lodge with DIAC over a month ago.. We waited in hope that we to would get a co... After a month I asked our agent after reading a post on this thread about the 1100 (the form you have to send back to WA saying you are accepting ss and conditions). Well it was still sat in WA and they have a massive backlog... Keep an eye on this form - if you have an agent make sure you or they have an email confirming it's been sent. Because of this we have lost time and we to have decided to front load our docs - meds booked for 8th April and hoping to get police checks in the post later today. I understand that it could be another month before we get a co now!!! Fingers crossed it runs smoothly from here in.

Good luck :smile:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove
A quick word of warning - we got ss from WA early feb and we lodge with DIAC over a month ago.. We waited in hope that we to would get a co... After a month I asked our agent after reading a post on this thread about the 1100 (the form you have to send back to WA saying you are accepting ss and conditions). Well it was still sat in WA and they have a massive backlog... Keep an eye on this form - if you have an agent make sure you or they have an email confirming it's been sent. Because of this we have lost time and we to have decided to front load our docs - meds booked for 8th April and hoping to get police checks in the post later today. I understand that it could be another month before we get a co now!!! Fingers crossed it runs smoothly from here in.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you for the replies really don't know what to do for the best. Given we started this process in early 2009 I am a bit fed up waiting so half of me is anxious to get moving whereas the other is cautious in case they change it all again and we are back where we started. Guess its time to be a bit braver and hope that WA get our form off to DIAC sooner rather than later. I have asked for an email with confirmation that it has gone so we will wait and see.

Good luck to all of us is all I can say :wacko:

Donna xx

Guest roymoody

Hi all

I've just received the following email from WA -does this mean they have sent form 1100 to DIAC ?

Skilled Sponsored *(*Subclass 176 Skilled - Sponsored (Migrant) ) STATE SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION

Application Reference Number: SM-0111-xxxxxxx

Thank you for your signed State Sponsorship Agreement.

This e-mail is to inform you that we have received your agreement and confirmed state sponsorship with DIAC on your behalf.

Thanks

Roy

Guest sivakumar

Better you call them & confirm the same. If you are in the UK, you can call WA till today 10.00am (Time in WA is 5.00pm)

Hi all,

Just to let you know we had our medicals on saturday. It seemed to go well so waiting for those to be sent by the hospital to DIAC and then to be finalized by the CO.

Got home from the hospital to a nice suprise -our UK police checks had arrived! :shocked: They arrived a week faster than I thought they would. Emailed them to our agent who has uploaded them. So now we are waiting for my NZ police check. I'm going to give them a call tonight to make sure the form arrived in New Zealand or else we might be in for a long wait!! :eek:

Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine :wink:

Hev xxx

Guest Lucy G

Hello to you all and well done to everyone!!!

Bit behind on all this as have only just discovered this thread (bit of a newbie!). We got our WA SS 17.2.11 and submitted our 176 11.3.2011. Now we also play the waiting game something I'm not very good at!

Its been really interesting reading all the posts and have found out some really useful tips so thank you to you all!

Perth42 hope you have finally got a CO wot a pain in the butt with the form but hopefully you've got it sorted now? Have emailed our agent straight away to check whether ours has been submitted to DIAC but would never have considered that if I hadn't read your posts to thank u vvvv much. Our agent is the same one as yours WA Jezza got old Joseph at Visa Bureau who I agree has been a gem for us so far. Fingers crossed ours will move as quickly as yours!! Good luck with your meds you'll have to let us know wot they are all about.

Good luck to everyone waiting for SS or CO and thank you again. Now have a really positive vibe that our dream isn't as far away as we thought.

Lucy x:biggrin:

Guest perth42

Thanks lucy and welcome to pio. It's a great website and full of useful info from it's users and some agents. I'm so pleased we were told about the site when we were in Oz or we'd never had known (or had support) about the latest goings on!

We still don't have a co but hopefully by the time the meds come round we will have one! You've done the right thing emailing your agent. Wished I had known the form hadn't been sent back sooner - i

was annoyed with our agent as I can't believe they had not told us- but that was last week and we can only hope that things start to happen soon!

Good luck with your application, keep checking pio - you'll learn loads! :wink:

Guest Lucy G

Thanks for the advice Perth will definitely keep eye on here from now on! Our Agent has just confirmed that he has received an email from WA saying they have notified DIAC of the SS so big sigh of relief! Now we just join you guys in waiting for a CO. Happy Days x

Guest WA Jezza

Hi Lucy

Welcome to the thread and to PIO. Hope your waiting game isn't too long, I'm sure Joe at Visa Bureau will keep you up to date and make sure everything runs smoothly, i really cant praise him highly enough. Is it Joe Tindle who is looking after you?

Look forward to keeping an eye on your progress and your input to this thread.

Cheers

Jez

Guest sivakumar
Thanks lucy and welcome to pio. It's a great website and full of useful info from it's users and some agents. I'm so pleased we were told about the site when we were in Oz or we'd never had known (or had support) about the latest goings on!

We still don't have a co but hopefully by the time the meds come round we will have one! You've done the right thing emailing your agent. Wished I had known the form hadn't been sent back sooner - i

was annoyed with our agent as I can't believe they had not told us- but that was last week and we can only hope that things start to happen soon!

Good luck with your application, keep checking pio - you'll learn loads! :wink:

Perth, call WA and make sure that your 1100 form has been sent out

Guest perth42
Perth, call WA and make sure that your 1100 form has been sent out

Thanks, I've already called them last week that's how I knew about the backlog. Less than half an hour after speaking to someone in WA the email was sent confirming the 1100 form had been sent to DIAC.. I just wish I'd know before as I would have been on our agents case straight away. :wink:

Guest robertday123

Hi our first ever reply. My husband is an Electrician by trade, we have been granted our visa today, we are over the moon. Has taken less than a year in total from hubby doing his vetessas!

Guest sjmmdm

Just thought I'd also say hi !! I have only been using the site a few weeks but have found this thread and am hooked ,so keen to see how all of you are progressing. We submitted our WA SS 2wks tomorrow and am just putting our visa together.The tips we've picked up have been amazing and I'll continue to watch with anticipation on your news whilst playing the dreaded waiting game.

The one thing I'm keen to know is when any of you with kids told them as at the mo our 7 and 11 old are not aware as we have been the process for 3yrs ish partly down to us but also the shut down last May which left us with no real hope and we had resigned ourselves that it was not mean't to be.We were glad till then that our kids have not gone through the rollercoaster we have but once our visa goes in we feel we need to talk, my sis is there already so we talk all the time about OZ just different when it's about going ,and there very close to g'parents but having looked at other threads you sell it as not forever just an opportunity!!

Thoughts welcome.

Sarah:confused:

Hi our first ever reply. My husband is an Electrician by trade, we have been granted our visa today, we are over the moon. Has taken less than a year in total from hubby doing his vetessas!

Hi robertday123, Congratulations on getting your visa :jiggy:

That was very quick indeed although now I think about it we may get ours in less than a year of doing Vetassess as well - I hadn't thought about it like that before. I guess it's because preparing for the vetassess took quite a bit of time beforehand chasing references etc and my OH had to do a few weeks more of work to have his 12 months.

Well enjoy your new life in Oz, I guess you're going to WA? :wink:

Just thought I'd also say hi !! I have only been using the site a few weeks but have found this thread and am hooked ,so keen to see how all of you are progressing. We submitted our WA SS 2wks tomorrow and am just putting our visa together.The tips we've picked up have been amazing and I'll continue to watch with anticipation on your news whilst playing the dreaded waiting game.

The one thing I'm keen to know is when any of you with kids told them as at the mo our 7 and 11 old are not aware as we have been the process for 3yrs ish partly down to us but also the shut down last May which left us with no real hope and we had resigned ourselves that it was not mean't to be.We were glad till then that our kids have not gone through the rollercoaster we have but once our visa goes in we feel we need to talk, my sis is there already so we talk all the time about OZ just different when it's about going ,and there very close to g'parents but having looked at other threads you sell it as not forever just an opportunity!!

Thoughts welcome.

Hi Sarah,

How's it going? Yes this site is rather addictive, I've been struggling to get off it and do my work since we applied for our WA SS :laugh:. I thought that the waiting would get easier once we'd got our visa application in but it hasn't - it's got a lot worse. And now we have a CO, done our meds, uploaded the Police checks it's got an awful lot worse. The last few weeks have felt like an eternity!

Unfortunately I don't have any kids so I can't really comment on your query/situation, I am, however, totally in awe of how you've managed to keep it from them though. Me and my OH don't talk about Oz and what's hopefully ahead of us all the time but I'm sure I'd let something slip by accident if I was in your situation. The stress of going through the process is hard enough without having to watch what you're saying as well. Well done you :notworthy:!

If you would like some answers on this I'm sure if you start a new thread with a title such as "When do we tell the kids?" I'm sure you'll be inundated with advice from PIOers with kids.

Good luck. Hope it all goes well for you and your family.

Hev x

Guest sivakumar
Thanks, I've already called them last week that's how I knew about the backlog. Less than half an hour after speaking to someone in WA the email was sent confirming the 1100 form had been sent to DIAC.. I just wish I'd know before as I would have been on our agents case straight away. :wink:

It normally takes 2 weeks to assign CO from DIAC is received your 1100

Guest perth42
It normally takes 2 weeks to assign CO from DIAC is received your 1100

Fingers crossed we get a co next week then as we sent our police checks off today and have meds booked for the 8th :smile: We thought we'd make up for the lost time - hoping it pays off and doesnt backfire!! I see you're waiting to see if WA give you sponsorship, fingers crossed you get it and it goes through quickly.

Guest WAhopeful

Thoughts welcome.

Hi Sarah

We have a 12 year old boy. We have decided on the move to Oz back in 2008 but haven't told him until last year when we first submitted the visa (which was messed up by the agents and we got caught up in the processing suspension). There were tears and quiet times but we decided to take him over there to show him why we fell in love with WA and he really got to like the place. We were lucky enough for him to spend a couple of days at school in Perth too which he loved. He needed all this time to get used to the idea of not seeing my parents whom he is really close with but also took this time to work out the frequency of visits back etc. and putting some plans in place. He is now really looking forward to go albeit he will really miss his mates over here, as everyone would, especially his age.

There is a thread on here just for kids who are moving over - I was going to introduce him to it but having read through some of the threads myself on there I think it would unnecessarily plant negative seeds in his mind so I have kept him away from it.

We can always get my 12 year old and your 11 year old to talk to each other once you tell them, if you feel it might help.

We have our meds tomorrow morning - another piece in the puzzle.......:yes:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Guest WAhopeful

Welcome to all new PIO addicts - good luck and brace for a bumpy ride. But fingers crossed not a very long one! :hug:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Guest WAhopeful
Hi all

I've just received the following email from WA -does this mean they have sent form 1100 to DIAC ?

Skilled Sponsored *(*Subclass 176 Skilled - Sponsored (Migrant) ) STATE SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION

Application Reference Number: SM-0111-xxxxxxx

Thank you for your signed State Sponsorship Agreement.

This e-mail is to inform you that we have received your agreement and confirmed state sponsorship with DIAC on your behalf.

Thanks

Roy

That should mean exactly what you're hoping for - the form 1100 has been passed to DIAC. We had a CO three weeks after that. Good luck!!

Hi Guys ,

Can i ask a favour ...what number or email address did you use to contact WA to find out if they have sent yr 1100 form back to Diac.... Also what info did they need to check ?is it just your TRN number ? ......my agent is being a bit of a pain ..so i want to check

Thanks Brides x

Guest perth42

Hi Brides

I went on the migration.WA site and contacts and used that number The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia - Contact us

I explained that I was phoning on behalf of my oh and they just asked me his name/trn (I think) his date if birth and that was it.. I phoned around 1am. I think you should give them a call and ask if they can confirm if they have received and if they have forwarded to the DIAC.

Has your hubby gone back now? Did you decide what to do about meds/pcc's?

Xx

Archived