WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest NeilEB

Two weeks from date of application, or two weeks from the email? Or is it the email you're talking about?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sivakumar
Hi all,

So I applied online for State Sponsorship 2 weeks ago, and got an automated email this morning saying my application is currently being assessed.

How come it took so long for the email to come? Or does this mean mine is now actively being looked at? Any idea on timelines from here?

I got the same mail last week saying that the application has been assessed and waiting for the final sign off. I will be notified in five working days.

But no information yet, mate

Guest NeilEB
I got the same mail last week saying that the application has been assessed and waiting for the final sign off. I will be notified in five working days.

But no information yet, mate

No fair, mine doesn't say anything about final sign-off - it literally says it's being assessed :-(

Guest Sandisonsonthemove
Two weeks from date of application, or two weeks from the email? Or is it the email you're talking about?

Hi Neil

Our automated email said it was being assessed result in 2-4 weeks and it took 5. It took all my patience not to call them to make sure I had not missed the email (you know in junk email or just deleted whilst half asleep one morning). Great relief when it comes through. Now just waiting for the 'we've sent form 1100 to DIAC' email.

Waiting forever :arghh:

Donna xx

Guest travelsparks

Two weeks from email/4 weeks from application then the 176 lodged on the 31st Jan visa granted 01 April

Guest sivakumar
Two weeks from email/4 weeks from application then the 176 lodged on the 31st Jan visa granted 01 April

I sent a mail to know about the status of the application. In response, I received the following

Dear Sivakumar,

Your application has been assessed, pending final sign off. You should receive notification by email regarding the outcome within 5 working days.

Kind regards,

Migration Officer

Skilled Migration WA

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia

Education and Training International

I don't how long I will have to wait

Guest boyllba

i have been following this thread and loving all the info. I called wa at 1.30am to ask how our application for ss was goin as we applied 21 march. the guy was really helpful and told me that they are now working at the 15th march and should realistically have an answer by end of this week. I have an agent visa-go in edinburgh so our decision will be mailed to darren at visa-go. hope this gives you confidence with your timeline as you applied about the same time as us.

Guest boyllba

curiosity got the better of me and i called the agent to see if anything happened after my early morning call to WA as folks on here always say talking to them direct tends to light a match under them and things move quicker......got to lunch time and called visa-go (never told them I called WA) and asked if they had heard anything re- SS and Yes, Yes, Yes we had been accepted this morning. so that was 21 march -5 april.

Well chuffed....must have been my scottish accent done the trick. The guy also reliably informed me it was 34 degrees there....where would you rather be ??????

Guest travelsparks
curiosity got the better of me and i called the agent to see if anything happened after my early morning call to WA as folks on here always say talking to them direct tends to light a match under them and things move quicker......got to lunch time and called visa-go (never told them I called WA) and asked if they had heard anything re- SS and Yes, Yes, Yes we had been accepted this morning. so that was 21 march -5 april.

Well chuffed....must have been my scottish accent done the trick. The guy also reliably informed me it was 34 degrees there....where would you rather be ??????

Well done to you now the big application now to go for

Guest mdeejacks

as someone else has said. great thread

i'm putting together all of my paperwork right now to start my skills test application. should be sent by monday. i'm also off to perth. i'm lodging an application as a general plumber. any other people doing the same either ask me questions on it and i'll to

to help or please feel free to give me any advice

cheers

jack

Guest sivakumar

I lodged on 22/3, but no news yet.....

Guest NeilEB
i have been following this thread and loving all the info. I called wa at 1.30am to ask how our application for ss was goin as we applied 21 march. the guy was really helpful and told me that they are now working at the 15th march and should realistically have an answer by end of this week. I have an agent visa-go in edinburgh so our decision will be mailed to darren at visa-go. hope this gives you confidence with your timeline as you applied about the same time as us.

No fair - you applied after us! :wink:

Ok, anyone know how it works if I don't have an agent? Am I waiting for a letter, or an email? Just a bit weird as the email I got on Monday didn't state final approval, orf a timeline or anything - here's what it said:

Dear xxxxxxxl ,

The Skilled Migration application for xxxxxxx is currently being assessed.

Regards

Skilled Migration Western Australia

Department of Training and Workforce Development

Hmmm....

Guest mdeejacks

hello

have you done a tra (tradeset form) as i'd like to find out what happens if you say no to some of the questions.

cheers

jack

Guest perth42

Think I'm going to start taking bets.... Anyone think we'll get a co this week?? 6wks since lodging tomorrow!!! I'm not hoping my breath... Think we are buried deep in some pile of applications... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest DereckDana

we are in the same boat! Had to chase up our form 1100 and got confirmation from WA that they had sent it to DIAC on 28/03.....so waiting for a case officer ever so patiently (not!)

Guest Lucy G

Fingers crossed for u this week Perth. This is our 4th wk of waiting for CO so hopefully not too far behind now.

Congrats to all who have had their SS granted you can now join us in the CO queue & good luck to all those waiting.

May this week fulfil many dreams!!!!!:yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest mdeejacks

hello,

i think it may depend on what trade you are trying to get in on. i just done the one for plumber general and found it time consuming and a lots of doubts came to the forefront. i took someones advice and ploughed on and i have it all ready for sending tomorrow. fingers crossed i get a date for skills assessment soon. got an english test next month and must score 8 out of 9 in each tasks not too sure i can but i need to in order to achieve the correct amount of points. what are you going in as and where do you intend to go should you get a visa

cheers

jack

Guest sivakumar
Fingers crossed for u this week Perth. This is our 4th wk of waiting for CO so hopefully not too far behind now.

Congrats to all who have had their SS granted you can now join us in the CO queue & good luck to all those waiting.

May this week fulfil many dreams!!!!!:yellow_guy_smiling_

Don't waste time..... do medical and police

Guest WAhopeful
No fair - you applied after us! :wink:

Ok, anyone know how it works if I don't have an agent? Am I waiting for a letter, or an email? Just a bit weird as the email I got on Monday didn't state final approval, orf a timeline or anything - here's what it said:

Dear xxxxxxxl ,

The Skilled Migration application for xxxxxxx is currently being assessed.

Regards

Skilled Migration Western Australia

Department of Training and Workforce Development

Hmmm....

Hi there and welcome to PIO

We are in the process without an agent, so ask away. All will be done by e-mail. The WA have been flooded with applications so the letter is simply keeping you aware they are assessing it and just need to sit tight, it won't be long :v_SPIN:

Our timeline is below,

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds done 29/03/2011 - Pcc's uploaded 31/03/2011 - waiting for meds to be processed :spinny:

Guest WAhopeful
Think I'm going to start taking bets.... Anyone think we'll get a co this week?? 6wks since lodging tomorrow!!! I'm not hoping my breath... Think we are buried deep in some pile of applications... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pick up the magic phone Perth42:jiggy:hang in there, my bet is on tomorrow!

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds done 29/03/2011 - Pcc's uploaded 31/03/2011 - waiting for meds to be processed :spinny:

Guest perth42

Thanks WAhopeful..... Our agent is going to contact them 'at the end of the week' and they are going to 'quote the current processing times they have posted' so hopefully we will defo get one next week.. You never know we could just get our police and meds uploaded and be granted next week as compensation for waiting so long! - I wish but doubt it very much! Oh well meds in the morning. :wink:

Guest Lucy G

Good luck with your meds Perth you'll have to let us know what they're all about...

Am considering doing police & meds, haven't wanted to tempt fate but it makes a lot of sense to be one step ahead!

Lucy

Archived