WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest frenchieOZ

hi guys, can anyone help me have just had TRA passed and have looked on various forums about vetassess and cant seem to work out whether or not i have to the exam or not, seems some people do and some dont? can anyone help answer this for me i am a french citizen if that makes a difference.:unsure:thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest travelsparks
Hi brides, it's best to do Ehealth if the hospital offers it as they send them within a few days. Ours were received by DIAC yesterday (31st) and we had them on Saturday (26th) although we were told it would take 7-10 days before they sent them so I'm really impressed. Paul's are now being referred which means they are being looked at by the Dr in Oz. I was also told by my agent that there is backlog of non-ehealth checks in Sydney where these are processed. I think the ehealth ones must be processed by a different department as there isn't a back log of these.

I hope that helps.

Hev x

Yes do ehealth we did and also they referred mine and could log on and access it quicker, so defo do this as it is also quicker

Guest travelsparks

Just think guys, there is a CO going free now I have the golden ticket, dont want then to get idle over in OZ!!!!

Guest WAhopeful
Got our visa grant this morning or was it an April Fool!! If anyone needs any help just ask or moral support it is a bit of a rollercoaster

Wow wow wow! Congratulations Travelsparks.

I don't dare go through the whole thread and check, but are you the first ones to get the visa from our "post 20/12/2011 suspension" lift bunch?

Top News!! :em3600:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds done 29/03/2011 - PCC received 30/03/2011 - waiting for meds to be processed..

Guest WAhopeful
Hi WAhopeful, Thanks for your post. This thread is so busy I almost missed that you'd written it (I haven't worked out yet how I know that some one has replied to my post :laugh:)!

I don't know if you've seen my post on the other page but I did manage to speed it up by scanning and emailing my form to them on Tuesday and explaining why it was urgent and Hey presto! I got a scanned copy of my NZ PC sent back to me today! I'm really very happy :biggrin:. Now it's just a case of waiting for the Meds to finalize and hopefully we'll get to see the magic words...

I hope is all going well for you, good luck with your house. We don't own a house (hopefully we will one day) so just got to give notice to the landlord. I'm worried about handing in my notice at work. I've made some good friends there but I feel like I've been lying to them as I've had to keep all the Oz stuff a secret. Nothing's ever easy :no:

We just have to sit back and wait for the meds to be finalised and having not done them via eHealth, its going to be a wait......:nah:

I am having the same dilemma, have kept it from work colleagues but I will give them informal notice when the visa has been granted just so I can help with recruiting a replacement and do a proper handover rather than leaving them in a limbo 4 weeks before I depart. Is that an option for you? That way you are not likely to burn any bridges either ( I think). Its not easy either way, especially if you're feeling loyal.

Thanks, house will be tricky, decisions, decisions, sell or rent......might not have an option but the main thing is - its all happening!:rolleyes:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds done 29/03/2011 - Pcc's uploaded 31/03/2011 - waiting for meds to be processed..

Guest perth42

Hi all

We are rocking and rolling now with some of you getting visa's and freeing up co's for us that are desperately waiting in the wings for one!! I hope they get them allocated soon. Oh refuses now to put house on the Market until we actually have the visa - just in case we 'sell' and still don't have our visa... Now with him getting an email about SA (second choice) removing some occupations and not processing them any further if currently in the system... Think he's bricking it in case Oz gov shut the doors before we get the visa... Oh it's so blinking stressful!!

Guest roymoody
Could you tell me about the medical procedure please?

Sure ...

Firstly make sure you complete the relevant forms - we completed the forms 26EG, 160EH and took them with us.

We arrived around 11:00 for our 11:10 appointment and were given a "pot" to collect our urine sample (you don't have to do this immediately but as we had all spent the last 2 hours in the car drinking water this wasn't a problem !)

Around 11:20 we went in to see Dr Smith - very nice Doctor .. put everyone at ease and has obviously done this many times before.

Simple medical checks including ...

Height

Weight

Talk through any previous medical issues and/or major operations

Looking into eye, ears and throat.

took a small sample of blood - nothing to worry about - he's done this 1000's of times before.

Check urine against colour stick

Bloods sent away for checking

Strip down to underwear to check breathing via stethoscope, a few prods and pokes and simple reaction tests. Moves your arms and legs around to ensure you movement is ok.

Asked me to "cough", and did a breast examination on my wife (I think this is if over 40)

I then went downstairs, had my photo taken and had an xray (shirt off and stand up against a panel for a few seconds)

Xrays are looked at by Radiography (that evening apparently)

Kids had a simple height, weight, ENT, joints check and a few prods - very simple

For all 4 of us it took just over an hour - there was very little waiting but I believe some people have said they have had to wait around a lot. It's probably easier when its a full family.

Some of the DIAC info was actually updated that evening - We were told it could be a week or so before its all complete.

Just ask if you have any further questions.

Roy

Guest sivakumar
Sure ...

Firstly make sure you complete the relevant forms - we completed the forms 26EG, 160EH and took them with us.

We arrived around 11:00 for our 11:10 appointment and were given a "pot" to collect our urine sample (you don't have to do this immediately but as we had all spent the last 2 hours in the car drinking water this wasn't a problem !)

Around 11:20 we went in to see Dr Smith - very nice Doctor .. put everyone at ease and has obviously done this many times before.

Simple medical checks including ...

Height

Weight

Talk through any previous medical issues and/or major operations

Looking into eye, ears and throat.

took a small sample of blood - nothing to worry about - he's done this 1000's of times before.

Check urine against colour stick

Bloods sent away for checking

Strip down to underwear to check breathing via stethoscope, a few prods and pokes and simple reaction tests. Moves your arms and legs around to ensure you movement is ok.

Asked me to "cough", and did a breast examination on my wife (I think this is if over 40)

I then went downstairs, had my photo taken and had an xray (shirt off and stand up against a panel for a few seconds)

Xrays are looked at by Radiography (that evening apparently)

Kids had a simple height, weight, ENT, joints check and a few prods - very simple

For all 4 of us it took just over an hour - there was very little waiting but I believe some people have said they have had to wait around a lot. It's probably easier when its a full family.

Some of the DIAC info was actually updated that evening - We were told it could be a week or so before its all complete.

Just ask if you have any further questions.

Roy

Thank you very much for your explanation in detail

Guest travelsparks
Wow wow wow! Congratulations Travelsparks.

I don't dare go through the whole thread and check, but are you the first ones to get the visa from our "post 20/12/2011 suspension" lift bunch?

Top News!! :em3600:

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds done 29/03/2011 - PCC received 30/03/2011 - waiting for meds to be processed..

Yes I am maybe I was one of the guinea pigs

We just have to sit back and wait for the meds to be finalised and having not done them via eHealth, its going to be a wait......:nah:

I am having the same dilemma, have kept it from work colleagues but I will give them informal notice when the visa has been granted just so I can help with recruiting a replacement and do a proper handover rather than leaving them in a limbo 4 weeks before I depart. Is that an option for you? That way you are not likely to burn any bridges either ( I think). Its not easy either way, especially if you're feeling loyal.

Thanks, house will be tricky, decisions, decisions, sell or rent......might not have an option but the main thing is - its all happening!:rolleyes:

Hi WAhopeful,

Yes, I'm planning to do that with my work as well. Try to give them as much notice as possible but not leave myself out of work for too long. If we get the visa we're going to work out when we're going to fly over there and work backwards from there. I'm really excited about the prospect of living in Oz but the visa has been rather stressful and I'm quite sure that the next part is going to be alot worse! I'm going to need a holiday soon :wacko:.

I hope your meds don't have you waiting for too long x :animal-penguin:

Guest sivakumar

I have been awaiting for WA's state sponsorship. Could anyone tell me how I will be notified about my outcome? Main followed by a letter or just a mail?

Advance thanks,

Guest roymoody
I have been awaiting for WA's state sponsorship. Could anyone tell me how I will be notified about my outcome? Main followed by a letter or just a mail?

Advance thanks,

You'll get an email after about 6 weeks. Some have been less, some have been more.

Roy

Guest sivakumar
You'll get an email after about 6 weeks. Some have been less, some have been more.

Roy

Thank you. Does the mail contain an official letter?

Guest perth42
Thank you. Does the mail contain an official letter?

Hi siva it has an attachment - "approval" which sets out the conditions for which the ss has been granted and the 1100 form that you need to send back after you have lodged with DIAC to say your accepting the offer of ss...

Guest perth42

Give me a D

Give me a I

Give me a A

Give me a C

If you see a case officer

Then send them our way

I can't cope for another day

No further on

No progress today!

Case officer please

Why won't you play?

I want to join my mates

Down that Australia way!!!

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Guest sivakumar
Hi siva it has an attachment - "approval" which sets out the conditions for which the ss has been granted and the 1100 form that you need to send back after you have lodged with DIAC to say your accepting the offer of ss...

Thanks Perth, my concern is how I can prove that I have secured a SS with WA when I lodge an application with DIAC without an official letter from WA. Vetassess outcome letter, for example, we attach with our application as proof. Please clarify my quest

Guest perth42

I can only take a guess... If the diac system let's you lodge without a ref number for ss you will just shave to wait in the system until your ss has been approved. I think the DIAC will not progress your application unless WA send the confirmation that you have agreed to ss... That's why we have been waiting so long long for a co as WA had the confirmation from us since feb but never fowarded it to DIAC... I would wait for the ss as the time you lodge with DIAC you have to part with a lot of money.... :smile:

Guest sivakumar
I can only take a guess... If the diac system let's you lodge without a ref number for ss you will just shave to wait in the system until your ss has been approved. I think the DIAC will not progress your application unless WA send the confirmation that you have agreed to ss... That's why we have been waiting so long long for a co as WA had the confirmation from us since feb but never fowarded it to DIAC... I would wait for the ss as the time you lodge with DIAC you have to part with a lot of money.... :smile:

Thank you Perth, it means I will have just provide my SS reference number when I lodge my application with DIAC

Guest travelsparks

Thanks Perth, my concern is how I can prove that I have secured a SS with WA when I lodge an application with DIAC without an official letter from WA. Vetassess outcome letter, for example, we attach with our application as proof. Please clarify my quest
You cannot lodge without the SS if you try and put something in false and then amend it and then dont get SS then you have wasted £1800

Guest travelsparks

Thank you Perth, it means I will have just provide my SS reference number when I lodge my application with DIAC
Along with the rest of your life and attachments be prepared to spend a couple of hours filling in the form and attaching everything

Guest NeilEB

Hi all,

So I applied online for State Sponsorship 2 weeks ago, and got an automated email this morning saying my application is currently being assessed.

How come it took so long for the email to come? Or does this mean mine is now actively being looked at? Any idea on timelines from here?

Guest travelsparks
Hi all,

So I applied online for State Sponsorship 2 weeks ago, and got an automated email this morning saying my application is currently being assessed.

How come it took so long for the email to come? Or does this mean mine is now actively being looked at? Any idea on timelines from here?

We got ours in about 2 weeks

Archived