WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

Guest perth42
Has anyone ever emailed DIAC via their application enquiry screen?

Did so last week but was wondering how long for a reply?

Any news?

We are waiting for the magic words of you've got a co!!! I think the lucky people that got allocated a co after 20 days from submission were very, very lucky... Thinking it may take a while longer to get a co... Spent the last 2 nights OCD hourly checking the status.. :sad:

I hope some movement for us waiting - Im about to put the cat among the pigeons here...(not wanting to raise peoples bp just wanted to understand whats what). We applied cat 2 ss and I've noticed a lot of cat 3/4 getting co's - I know they have had ss for a while (some had given up hope) but where does that put the cat 2's in the system? Do the relatively newbies now go to the

back of the queue???

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WAhopeful

Any news or movement for anybody?

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Guest perth42

Nothing :sad: but reassuringly DIAC has stated it's currently assessing applications for cat 2 before or on 18 march for co's so surely we have to be nearer the top of the pile now!!!

Good luck with your meds next week. I guess you've sent your police checks off.. :biggrin:

Guest WAhopeful

Its surprising how long it takes to synchronize two adults and a 12 year old to take some passport sized photographs........:wink: sending off today, filling the form out as we speak.

DIAC must be getting snowed under again but its reassuring that they have a structured approach set up to sort them out. You must be next!

WA SS applied 31/12/2010 - approved WA SS 14/02/2011 - 176 lodged 19/02/2011 - CO assigned 09/03/2011 - Meds booked for 29/03/2011

Guest perth42

Yes we need to get our photos done for the meds and police checks..it's the only thing we can get on with until we get the magic email lol!! Good luck with the form filling - a laborious chore but well worth it in the end :wink:

Guest WAhopeful

Thanks! My Christmas wish this year will be "to never see another form again in my lifetime" !

Quick question - we have had the photos certified for police checks - do you happen to know if they need to be certified for the med checks too?

Guest perth42

Yes they need to be signed by a professional (not related) dr, engineer, pc, fireman or something along those lines.. I think I've read someone who's known you for 2yrs. No major one and no expense... Hopefully you'll be able to do what we will do and nip across the road/next door and ask one of the neighbours to squiggly on it.

My chrimbo wish (just gone) was to be on the beach for my 40th but times fast approaching and the house needs to go one the Market first!! Failing that chrimbo 2011 in Perth for good will do lol!!

Guest WAhopeful

I am certainly planning Xmas dinner on Mullaloo beach this year :biggrin:

Guest perth42

Lol!! I'm always planning this time last year I was walking on mullaloo beach every morning for 2wks while the others slept like babies... It's the memory of those walks that keep me going! :biggrin: :fish:

Also hoping the rip is not as strong at chrimbo time... First time I stood ankle deep in the ocean @ mullaloo... It dragged me to knee deep water.. The next minute I had been royally dumped in the surf swallowed loads of water and sand and ended up with a popped AC joint.. Was a talking point as I walked down the beach each morning with my arm and shoulder all strapped up...joondaloup hospital were fab.. I'd only been in Perth 2 days!! Glorious, glorious times... Ah way back when lol!!! :wink:

Guest travelsparks

Had medicals done today nothing much to worry about what they do to you especially if you have had kids. I think was the worse trying pee in a pot, okay for men but for women another story!!

Just another wait again now, we hope to be in Oz for Janh so we are ready for next academic year

Guest sjmmdm

When you booked your meds was there much availabilty for appt. I think we will have to go into London for ours , also how long do police checks take roughly.

Thanks

Guest travelsparks
When you booked your meds was there much availabilty for appt. I think we will have to go into London for ours , also how long do police checks take roughly.

Thanks

We were a family of three trying to book so it took a month and also week ideally neeeded a weekend as the medical centre wasnt exactly nearby. Also for women you can have it done at certain times of the month as the urine sample will come incorrect!!!

Police check took ten working days hope that helps!!!

Guest WAhopeful

Thanks

I rang to book for the three of us on the 8th March and the earliest they could fit us in was during a weekday, 29th March, so we took it. Weekend availability was pretty much months away. Once you have a CO assigned you have 28 days to submit any outstanding docs, criminal checks and medicals so we will be tight on timescales as it is.

Guest WAhopeful
Lol!! I'm always planning this time last year I was walking on mullaloo beach every morning for 2wks while the others slept like babies... It's the memory of those walks that keep me going! :biggrin: :fish:

Also hoping the rip is not as strong at chrimbo time... First time I stood ankle deep in the ocean @ mullaloo... It dragged me to knee deep water.. The next minute I had been royally dumped in the surf swallowed loads of water and sand and ended up with a popped AC joint.. Was a talking point as I walked down the beach each morning with my arm and shoulder all strapped up...joondaloup hospital were fab.. I'd only been in Perth 2 days!! Glorious, glorious times... Ah way back when lol!!! :wink:

Classic memory!! I'm still finding sand in my sons swim shorts as its wedged deep in the stitching and pockets......makes me smile every time. I'm already making the mistake of looking at properties online and setting my heart on a different one every weekend.....:v_SPIN:

Guest perth42

Lol... I've been looking at the property pages for at least 2 yrs at couple of times a week... We even drove to yenchep as a shop owner told us we'd get plenty of bang for your buck (as phil would say!) and checked out the new builds on land and house package!! Well we can dream but we have to be a realist at the same time!!! I've been checking out all the rental options and pleased to say ive notice the prices have dropped they had to really!! Keep dreaming - we will soon be living it... Wine time... I'm off!! :wink:

Guest ukjackie

Have been worried that i had not received case officer for my 176 visa. So decided to ring DIAC. Extremely helpful and told me that they had not received any notice from WA that i had state sponsorship ( Form 1100 ).

Was told that catagory 2's were now being allocated immediately. So have chased up WA who are now sending the Form 1100 over to DIAC. May be worth others checking with WA( if you have been waiting a while) that their form 1100 has been forwarded to DIAC.

Guest perth42

Thanks ukjackie. I too have been thinking if 176 cat 2's are getting co's where's ours.. A couple of our friends have had co's for weeks... Best bit we all applied @ the same time - only major difference is they have kids and we don't and ss granted much quicker... Been stressing about it all day... Can't imagine how cat 3 & 4's must feel as some have been waiting forever!!

I'll give our agent a call in the morning... If no news.

Good luck :wink:

Guest sivakumar

Can I enclose a fax copy of my vetassess outcome along with WA's SS application? or Do I need to scan the original and enclose with the application?

Please advise me my dear experienced mates

:arghh:

Guest roymoody

aarrgghhh ... I sent an email to WA to see how they were getting on with my application and they told me they sent me an email on the 2nd March and again yesterday and both had been rejected ! I've never had a problem with email before which is strange. They've resent it to my work email address and I got the email that states "please find the result of your application attached" but there's no attachment ... this is worse that checking and finding no emails !! It's nearly there but I cannot get at it - but I'm going to have to stay up all night now until it arrives !

Guest roymoody
aarrgghhh ... I sent an email to WA to see how they were getting on with my application and they told me they sent me an email on the 2nd March and again yesterday and both had been rejected ! I've never had a problem with email before which is strange. They've resent it to my work email address and I got the email that states "please find the result of your application attached" but there's no attachment ... this is worse that checking and finding no emails !! It's nearly there but I cannot get at it - but I'm going to have to stay up all night now until it arrives !

Woo hoo ...I've joined the club. My WA State Sponsorship email has finally arrived (22/3) .... Pity it was completed on the 2/3 but I never received it !!! 176 will be lodged later today - I've already sorted my Police Checks and my medical is booked for next week ... I'm aiming for the fastest 176 application ever !!

Guest WAhopeful

Good luck guys, good move checking with them directly. Will look out for good news from you shortly!

Guest WAhopeful
Can I enclose a fax copy of my vetassess outcome along with WA's SS application? or Do I need to scan the original and enclose with the application?

Please advise me my dear experienced mates

:arghh:

All official documents that you send, be it WA or DIAC later, need to be certified copies of originals. You may as well put them all together and get them certified all in one go ready for uploading your life online with DIAC :yes:

Guest perth42
Have been worried that i had not received case officer for my 176 visa. So decided to ring DIAC. Extremely helpful and told me that they had not received any notice from WA that i had state sponsorship ( Form 1100 ).

Was told that catagory 2's were now being allocated immediately. So have chased up WA who are now sending the Form 1100 over to DIAC. May be worth others checking with WA( if you have been waiting a while) that their form 1100 has been forwarded to DIAC.

Well you never guess what - yep my 1100 is still in the hands of WA!!!!!!!:arghh::realmad::arghh::realmad::arghh::realmad: Our agent contacted them yesterday as they sent an email on the day we logded with DIAC to ask them to forward it and he still has not (not even today!) had a response! Talk about fustratining - whats that saying good things come to those who wait:wideeyed:

Many thanks for ukjackie for sharing this with us all - I wonder how many of us still waiting have had the same thing happen:wacko: Oh well onwards and upwards I hope from here.

Guest perth42
Woo hoo ...I've joined the club. My WA State Sponsorship email has finally arrived (22/3) .... Pity it was completed on the 2/3 but I never received it !!! 176 will be lodged later today - I've already sorted my Police Checks and my medical is booked for next week ... I'm aiming for the fastest 176 application ever !!

Congratulation roymoody, on to the next step you go :smile:

Here's a tip for you make sure WA send over your 1100 or you'll be waiting forever for a co to be allocated.

Archived