457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, Our visa approved early this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We launched visa 17 June, more info requested on the 21st of June, medicals done 17th June, then every three weeks at the GP with high blood pressure, medicals received in Sydney Friday 2nd, medicals reffered on the 6th of June, visa granted 8th June. So pretty straightforward (ish) lol. Scary though as well.

I know, Our visa approved early this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We launched visa 17 June, more info requested on the 21st of June, medicals done 17th June, then every three weeks at the GP with high blood pressure, medicals received in Sydney Friday 2nd, medicals reffered on the 6th of June, visa granted 8th June. So pretty straightforward (ish) lol. Scary though as well.

CONGRATULAIONS !!!! :jiggy:

Lynne xx

OMG what a nonsence did I type???? Out of the excitement lol lol. Here we go again:

Visa launched 17th June 2011

Medicals done 17th June 2011, high blood pressure detected

Further info requested 21st June 2011

Then every three weeks at the GP with high blood pressure and waiting for report reagrding this

Report finally done by the GP 28th August 2011

Medicals received in Sydney 2nd of September 2011

Medicals referred 6th of September 2011

Visa granted 8th of September

Sorry for the mix up.

Guest weezypenguin
We got ours for our daughters birthday! - they must like giving out Visa's as presssies!!!

Sarah

I hope so, we had our visa application lodged on the 8/9/11 (oz time) and my wfies birthday is on 19/9 and my doaughters is 20/9. That would be great przzies.

But awfully expensive..they told me they both need new wardrobes if we are moving.

We currently live in Winnipeg, Canada were the winters get to minus 45, and you have snow from Novemebr to April. And know we hope we are off to Brisbane...

Guest tiramisu00

Hi,

I tried to lodge my application online, keyed in the TRN and the necessary info. However when I click at the Next button to proceed, I encounter an error message saying that 'The visa conditions imposed on your current visa prevent you from making this application online...'. Has anyone encounter this message before?

My current visa is 462 Work and Holiday visa, and my visa did mention ‘8503 No Further Stay’. Is it because of that I can't apply for 457? Or how should I go about it?

Thanks,

Jo

Guest sophiasad
Hi,

I tried to lodge my application online, keyed in the TRN and the necessary info. However when I click at the Next button to proceed, I encounter an error message saying that 'The visa conditions imposed on your current visa prevent you from making this application online...'. Has anyone encounter this message before?

My current visa is 462 Work and Holiday visa, and my visa did mention ‘8503 No Further Stay’. Is it because of that I can't apply for 457? Or how should I go about it?

Thanks,

Jo

If condition 8503 is on your current visa, you are suppose to be offshore before applying for a new visa.

Guest tiramisu00
If condition 8503 is on your current visa, you are suppose to be offshore before applying for a new visa.

Hi,

Do I need to cancel my current WHV (462) before applying 457? Or I can just go to NZ to apply 457, and go back Aust with 462 while waiting for my 457 to approve?

Guest NataLibera

Hi all, if I make an online application for a 457 visa, do I need to send also certified copies of my documents by post?

Can I just scan and attach original documents to my online application avoiding to make all the certified copies?

Thanks

NL

Hi all, if I make an online application for a 457 visa, do I need to send also certified copies of my documents by post?

Can I just scan and attach original documents to my online application avoiding to make all the certified copies?

Thanks

NL

I believe if the docs are scanned and emailed in colour then there is no need to get them certified, but I did just in case. I got all my documents certified and send them by email, no need to post the originals.

At last I can add my timeline!! Despite being offered the job back in March and told they wanted me asap... my application has only just been submitted! (Aus employer are arranging everything).

So, here's my timeline. :o)

05/09 Application received - processing commenced

05/09 Application fee received

13/09 Application being processed further

13/09 Further information required (evidence of defacto status)

Although they've got the wrong date of birth listed for my o/h.... hmmm... will need to get that sorted too.

I'll get the info they need uploaded tonight and will keep you updated! This makes it more real... I've got nervous tummy butterflies!

Guest NataLibera
I believe if the docs are scanned and emailed in colour then there is no need to get them certified, but I did just in case. I got all my documents certified and send them by email, no need to post the originals.

aargh...I could have saved so much money...

Guest tiramisu00
Hi,

Do I need to cancel my current WHV (462) before applying 457? Or I can just go to NZ to apply 457, and go back Aust with 462 while waiting for my 457 to approve?

hi, can anyone help to clarify my doubt? thanks..

Oooh, there's been an update on mine....

05/09 Application received - processing commenced

05/09 Application fee received

13/09 Application being processed further

13/09 Further information required (evidence of defacto status)

14/09 Information received

Wonder how long it'll take to review the defacto evidence that we sent... could this be the final step!!? :jiggy:

Hiii!!!!!

I am sooooo happy to inform my status.....

applicant approved 16.9.11:jiggy::jiggy::biggrin:

For all those who are waiting best of luck and be sure its only a matter of time.

Guest orlaandjoe

Hey there! had an interview and was offerred job and sponsorship 3 weeks ago, employer is going to get the ball rolling for the visa on their side, just wondering usually how long can it be from job offer to lodgement of visa?Thanks in advance!:cute:

Hi everyone,

This thread has been very interesting for me.

So, I think I should add to the thread with some time-scales:

10.08.2011 Contacted by migration agent. We returned all the information straight away.

17.08.2011 Agent asked us to organise medicals - chest xrays only.

22.08.2011 Chest xray carried out.

26.08.2011 Medical info arrives in Sydney.

09.09.2011 Medical info processed and visa application lodged.

20.09.2011 Visas approved.

Good luck to all!

malons

Hey there! had an interview and was offerred job and sponsorship 3 weeks ago, employer is going to get the ball rolling for the visa on their side, just wondering usually how long can it be from job offer to lodgement of visa?Thanks in advance!:cute:

It comes down to the employer and can range from a few days to a few months. In my case, they applied for the visa about a week after I accepted the position.

Visa applied on 12th September, medicals finalised on 20th September but no news so far....getting so so impatient

Guest weezypenguin

OMG...Just got our Visas

08.09.2011 Application started

19.09.2011 Processing furthern.

21.09.2011 More info required.

22.09.2011 Visas approved.

So now the hard part starts..Sell house, move furniture.

See everyone in Brisbane.....

Archived