457 processing times

Lexi

Thanks Sam.

I went to Oman in 2009 & actually found it to be the antidote to Dubai. Omanis are so much friendlier & appear to have passed a proper driving test (unlike their next door neighbour who drive like bulls on coke!). Lol, just proves that we always think that everyone has got a much better deal than us. :D

I got lucky with my notice period & managed to get nearly 2 weeks knocked off the agreed period, though that might be because my old company is making everyone redundant - one less salary to pay & they'll agree to anything! I also funnily enough still had access to confidential data up until I left the building!!

I'll be one happy bunny when the visa comes through & even happier when I board that one way flight to Oz!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam, we lived in Al Ain for a year and RAK for another year and a half so could easily hop over the border to Oman and I agree, the Omanis are way nicer than the Emiratis who I have to say I found obnoxious beyond belief (huge generalisation but if you've lived there, you know what I mean).

I woke up this morning to the most amazing news ever! My visa has been approved! I'm delirious with happiness right now.

Thanks to everyone who listened to my daily whinge & wish you all good luck with your application. Your visa will come through. :)

Ha!! So did we!!! How odd! congratulations to you although don't know where to start now......too much to take in! You can escape now Maz!

Congratulations! That's amazing news.

Lol, I just need to get a visa label on Sunday, tell the shippers to ship my furniture (they had agreed to store it for free for 2 weeks) and for my employer to make contact on Monday with flight details. I absolutely cannot wait to get out of this place!!

My sixth sense must have been switched off cause I should have known that good news was on the horizon - I managed to close my dewa account in 12 hours (that must be a record considering my ex-colleague has been waiting 3 weeks with no joy!) and landlord gave back my cheque & deposit without any fuss!

Here's to our new life down under! :jiggy:

Congratulations all!

Thank you! You've been brilliant with the moral support. :smile:

I don't think I've ever been this hyper ever! :jiggy:

Congratulations to you both, gives us still waiting some hope :smile:

I'm sure you'll have very good news soon. :smile:

Guest TCASAlert

Congratulations to you both! :biggrin:

Hope it won't be much longer for us, they are still messing around with the nomination paperwork :arghh:

Guest TCASAlert

Thanks Chiara, you have given us a lot of hope :biggrin:

Honestly I'm going to miss you on this thread, good luck with your new lives (and keep the blog going :wink:)

Congratulations to you both! :biggrin:

Hope it won't be much longer for us, they are still messing around with the nomination paperwork :arghh:

Thank you and good luck to you. I'm sure that it won't be much longer before you receive your visa.

I found out that it was actually the nomination that was holding up my visa. The nomination got approved a few hours before the visa. Once the nomination is approved, you should have your visa within a few hours.

Still waiting :arghh: and still saying process commenced. Phoned them today to be told that 5 weeks is still the early stages as it can take up to 4 months :arghh: So frustrating. When we started the visa we was told 4 weeks, then it changed to 2 months and now they are saying 4 months. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest WilliamsUK

Four months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not looking like we'll be spending Christmas on the beach then. It's so frustrating not being able to make plans :arghh:

Still waiting :arghh: and still saying process commenced. Phoned them today to be told that 5 weeks is still the early stages as it can take up to 4 months :arghh: So frustrating. When we started the visa we was told 4 weeks, then it changed to 2 months and now they are saying 4 months. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

4 months!!! That's an awfully long time!! I really do hope that you get your visa shortly.

Thats ages!! :sad:

We are still waiting on my oh's employer being approved as a sponsor.....does anyone know how long that will take????? if we have to wait 5 months after that I really think we might go mad!

Hope everyone can get out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WilliamsUK
Thats ages!! :sad:

We are still waiting on my oh's employer being approved as a sponsor.....does anyone know how long that will take????? if we have to wait 5 months after that I really think we might go mad!

Hope everyone can get out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My OH's employer took 3 and a half weeks to be approved as a sponsor, I really hope we don't have to all wait 4 months, I will defiantely go mad by then. :arghh:

My OH's employer took 3 and a half weeks to be approved as a sponsor, I really hope we don't have to all wait 4 months, I will defiantely go mad by then. :arghh:

Thanks for letting me know....its a bit of a guessing game at the moment to figure out how long things will take.

But atleast I suppose we all atleast have a hope of getting out there at some point!!

I Know the feeling....I was offered my job in May!!:jiggy:

Employer took a while to get it sorted, finally submitted 10th Aug, they were approved shortly after.......im still waiting!

Message last week re health insurance sent that and has taken them 7 (working) days for my status to change to 'further information recived' arghhhhh!:arghh:

I had hoped to be there by now, its looking like I will be here till xmas feeling totaly fed up I just wanna go! Current workplace in UK became unbearable in July an have been holding onto the thought of aus since!:arghh::arghh::arghh: I hate it where I am just wanna start my new job and life in aus:arghh::arghh:

Anyone able to say how much longer I might have to wait? As its been 2 months! An I have to give 2 months notice on my rental in the UK I really wanna be hitting Aus in the new year? Am I being unrealistic:confused:

I know this is a daft question....but do different states have different processing times....or are they all just the same?

We are heading to Perth, does anyone have any experience of the WA processing team...if they have one?

Rainy Manchester is getting us down today....need to be in Oz now!

Guest JustTom
I Know the feeling....I was offered my job in May!!:jiggy:

Employer took a while to get it sorted, finally submitted 10th Aug, they were approved shortly after.......im still waiting!

Message last week re health insurance sent that and has taken them 7 (working) days for my status to change to 'further information recived' arghhhhh!:arghh:

I had hoped to be there by now, its looking like I will be here till xmas feeling totaly fed up I just wanna go! Current workplace in UK became unbearable in July an have been holding onto the thought of aus since!:arghh::arghh::arghh: I hate it where I am just wanna start my new job and life in aus:arghh::arghh:

Anyone able to say how much longer I might have to wait? As its been 2 months! An I have to give 2 months notice on my rental in the UK I really wanna be hitting Aus in the new year? Am I being unrealistic:confused:

Hi Surfy Brit, 3 weeks ago I got the email to say to arrange health insurance,I emailed the health insurance policy to the agent to pass it onto the immigration ,within the 3 weeks got a phone call to say the visa has been granted,checked emails and there were the visas.Received the visas today!! Happy days off to Brisbane in early Dec.Hang in there shouldn't be much longer.:biggrin:

Archived