457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how long it takes for the firsts part of the application to be done by a migration agent? The company has sponsored a few times so has everything in place, were just inpatiently waiting for contact so we can do our part, it's only been 5 days so its probably the norm, but just so excited cant wait to book flights :D

Guest wannabeozz

Cool! Are you actually moving to Melbourne? Hopefully won't be too long before mine goes through to. I can't wait, but i'm so nervous as it's taking a bit of time!

Does anyone know how long it takes for the firsts part of the application to be done by a migration agent? The company has sponsored a few times so has everything in place, were just inpatiently waiting for contact so we can do our part, it's only been 5 days so its probably the norm, but just so excited cant wait to book flights :D

It seems to vary so much between different people....we are waiting on the 1st bit being completed too. We were told by someone else going through the process that it took them 3 weeks for the employer section.

Just keep thinking however long it takes it will be worth it....but sometimes you just want it NOW!!

Good Luck with it all.

Hi all,

This is my first post having been lurking on here for ages. Have been waiting for our 457 to be approved and didn't want to post before in case I jinxed myself. I have a well controlled medical condition (I'm going to post about that in health) and was really worried about needing a medical but no and our visas were approved today :biggrin:

My timeline:

nomination and application submitted 22.09.11

request for further information 21.10.11 (CO required certified copy of OH RAF discharge certificate)

approved 28.10.11

Guest wannabeozz

Congratulations! Your's didn't take too long really. Mine was put in on the same date virtually, and so far I've heard nothing:(

Which office did u lodge?

Guest wannabeozz
It seems to vary so much between different people....we are waiting on the 1st bit being completed too. We were told by someone else going through the process that it took them 3 weeks for the employer section.

Just keep thinking however long it takes it will be worth it....but sometimes you just want it NOW!!

Good Luck with it all.

Hi Jellytots, has your employer sponsored before?

Mine hasn't and so far it's taken just over 5 weeks and still not heard anything yet.

Hoping to hear something soon, just keep thinking every day is a day closer! :)

Hi all,

This is my first post having been lurking on here for ages. Have been waiting for our 457 to be approved and didn't want to post before in case I jinxed myself. I have a well controlled medical condition (I'm going to post about that in health) and was really worried about needing a medical but no and our visas were approved today :biggrin:

My timeline:

request for further information 21.10.11 (CO required certified copy of OH RAF discharge certificate)

approved 28.10.11

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy: Brilliant. Such a huge relief, especially when you convince yourself that a medical condition may delay things. When will you be moving out?

Thank you. Its so exciting and those few weeks waiting seemed to last forever and it turned me into a complete insomniac as I was checking my phone every hour to see if i had an email (and when blackberry had their email glitch I nearly had a nervous breakdown!!).

Anyway on to the next bit now. I have a 6 year old son so I want to be out there for the beginning of January so he has some time to settle in and then start the new school year hopefully with some others.

I am taking our collie out and so I was desperate to get good news so I can fly her before the end of the year when the new rabies regulations come in. I did not want her to have an unnecessary vaccination or wait for her.

There really is so much too this - think we must all be crazy :wacko: but i don't think I'll be thinking that when I am sat by my pool with the smell of the bbq and a cold glass of white wine in my hand after a hard day at the beach (i know everyday won't be like that but at least some of them will be!).

I had a MA and I think the application was lodged in Brisbane and my sponsor has been through the process before and there was a few of us.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Guest koloks31
Hi all,

My timeline:

approved 28.10.11

likewise mate....what I'm worried about mine is my chest xray......I have a history of it but its cured already...Im just scared that bcoz of it, I mught wait longer...hopefully not...

Goodluck to all of us..

Good day!!!

wannabeozz - Sorry it won't let me quote your post for some reason so I hope you see this...

Anyway my oh's employer has emailed today to say that they are coming to the end of the bits they have to do and we can hopefully start our section next week....it seems to be taking forever but in reality it's not that long.

They haven't done this before so have had to start from scratch...I think they are doing as much learning as we are!!! Plus they are only applying for one position and aren't a huge company so I think it's been quite hard to manage all the planning they have to do and their growing work load within the company.

Hang in there...I'm sure you'll get some news soon, where in Oz are you heading?

Guest wannabeozz
wannabeozz - Sorry it won't let me quote your post for some reason so I hope you see this...

Anyway my oh's employer has emailed today to say that they are coming to the end of the bits they have to do and we can hopefully start our section next week....it seems to be taking forever but in reality it's not that long.

They haven't done this before so have had to start from scratch...I think they are doing as much learning as we are!!! Plus they are only applying for one position and aren't a huge company so I think it's been quite hard to manage all the planning they have to do and their growing work load within the company.

Hang in there...I'm sure you'll get some news soon, where in Oz are you heading?

Hi Jellytots:)

That's good you've heard something already, things must be moving:)

My employer also started from scratch. It took about a month for them to get everything organised and ready to present for lodging. Mine didn't take too long to get ready, maybe a couple of weeks.

I'm just wondering if because they are a smaller employer, that's why it might take a bit longer? Also because i'm not a Doctor or nurse for example, if they are done in order of importance maybe, as opposed to the order they were received?

I'm heading to Melbourne hopefully:)

Guess nothing will move for a couple of days because of the Melbourne Cup now! They have a couple of days holidays!

....trying to be patient haha!

Guest wannabeozz

Got an email from my agent last night, and the employer sponsorship and nomination for my 457 have been approved!! Just my bit to go......EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest orlaandjoe

Just wanted to ask a question..I have sent my employer all my documents (eg birth cert, passport, qualifications, etc), so Im assuming the next step is that the employer lodges their side of the visa app and then i lodge my side? Is that right? Also my fiance and son are coming as dependents on my visa, would their documents need to be included in the employers part of the visa or just the part I send to diac?sorry hope my ramblings make sense!:biggrin:

Guest TCASAlert
Just wanted to ask a question..I have sent my employer all my documents (eg birth cert, passport, qualifications, etc), so Im assuming the next step is that the employer lodges their side of the visa app and then i lodge my side? Is that right? Also my fiance and son are coming as dependents on my visa, would their documents need to be included in the employers part of the visa or just the part I send to diac?sorry hope my ramblings make sense!:biggrin:

They need to include your fiance and son on their side as they are sponsoring all of you. Once they have submitted their application they get a TRN reference number, they give that to you and you apply for your side, you can do this as soon as they have a TRN. Make sure you add every piece of documentation you can think of, and they will need the full birth certificate for your son (with yours and your fiance's names on it).

Guest orlaandjoe
They need to include your fiance and son on their side as they are sponsoring all of you. Once they have submitted their application they get a TRN reference number, they give that to you and you apply for your side, you can do this as soon as they have a TRN. Make sure you add every piece of documentation you can think of, and they will need the full birth certificate for your son (with yours and your fiance's names on it).

Thanks for the reply..they only have my documents at the moment, and are sending them through to HR, but havent mentioned documents for my partner or son yet even though they know they are emigrating with me..is this normal??

Guest TCASAlert
Thanks for the reply..they only have my documents at the moment, and are sending them through to HR, but havent mentioned documents for my partner or son yet even though they know they are emigrating with me..is this normal??

To be honest I'm not sure, I sent them everything they could possibly want for all of us (even things like GCSEs lol :GEEK:)

I'd double check that they are definitely sponsoring your partner and son, they do have to include it on the application (or they can apply seperately after the visa is granted to add people on).

You will soon find out if you add them to your application, DIAC will send you an email if there are any discrepancies between your application and theirs.

Guest orlaandjoe
To be honest I'm not sure, I sent them everything they could possibly want for all of us (even things like GCSEs lol :GEEK:)

I'd double check that they are definitely sponsoring your partner and son, they do have to include it on the application (or they can apply seperately after the visa is granted to add people on).

You will soon find out if you add them to your application, DIAC will send you an email if there are any discrepancies between your application and theirs.

Thank you so much.. I've emailed the sponsoring hospital now to clarify. but they are definately sponsoring them as it has been mentioned in other emails from them. Hopefully I hear back soon, just when you think you have everything sorted eh?:biglaugh:

Guest TCASAlert

Tell me about it its a nightmare - and then out of the blue you get an email saying they are considering refusing your application due to paperwork issues, and you have to start all over again :-(

Hopefully yours will go smoothly and hope that soon we will all have some good news at last!

Guest orlaandjoe
Tell me about it its a nightmare - and then out of the blue you get an email saying they are considering refusing your application due to paperwork issues, and you have to start all over again :-(

Hopefully yours will go smoothly and hope that soon we will all have some good news at last!

Oh no thats awful for you, I hope it all works out!

Just make sure you get your sponsoring employer to include the whole family on the nomination paperwork, if they havn't asked for your family passport details and have submitted the nomination then they havnt included your family on the nomination, when you submit your e457 it will only allow you to fill in your details, then you will have to start all over again with a new nomination.

Soon to be in Oz, 28days and counting down :biggrin:

When you get issued a nomination TRN, you type this into the e457 system, this brings up all the persons nominated, if your family are not shown they have not been included in the initial nomination

Guest orlaandjoe
Just make sure you get your sponsoring employer to include the whole family on the nomination paperwork, if they havn't asked for your family passport details and have submitted the nomination then they havnt included your family on the nomination, when you submit your e457 it will only allow you to fill in your details, then you will have to start all over again with a new nomination.

Soon to be in Oz, 28days and counting down :biggrin:

When you get issued a nomination TRN, you type this into the e457 system, this brings up all the persons nominated, if your family are not shown they have not been included in the initial nomination

Thanks Druid, glad I found this out now so I can sort it out before anything is lodged.. I'd say you are very excited to get over there!best of luck with everything!

Archived