457 processing times

Lexi

we booked our flights today and we leave in 4 weeks! cant wait now it seems more real now coz the flights are booked but untill im on that plane i will not beleive it lol. perth here we come woohoo!:biggrin:

Congratulations. You must be on cloud nine!

I arrived in Perth this morning and aside from the jet lag, I'm loving it. I'm still pinching myself - can't believe that I'm actually starting my new life down under.

Good luck with the move - those 4 weeks will simply fly by!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TCASAlert
Congratulations. You must be on cloud nine!

I arrived in Perth this morning and aside from the jet lag, I'm loving it. I'm still pinching myself - can't believe that I'm actually starting my new life down under.

Good luck with the move - those 4 weeks will simply fly by!

Blimey you didn't waste much time Maz - did you get a flight at the last minute? Did it work out cheaper?

Oh my god:smile::smile::smile::smile:

I found out in the past half hour the bully that has been making mine and the rest of the teams life hell.....has left today whilst I wasent it work

AND

My visa is approved.....submitted14/08/2011

approved 14/10/2011

Im so excited im shaking!!! I actually cant belive it!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Blimey you didn't waste much time Maz - did you get a flight at the last minute? Did it work out cheaper?

Ha ha, no flies on me!

I'd agreed with the new company that I would move as soon as the visa came through - I'd already resigned so was just sitting around anyway. They got a last minute flight for me - it was more expensive as the flight was fully booked and i pretty much got the last seat! Same with accommodation - they were going to put me in a hotel for a few days whilst they looked for a serviced apartment but the company they used had a last minute cancellation.

Guest WilliamsUK
Oh my god:smile::smile::smile::smile:

I found out in the past half hour the bully that has been making mine and the rest of the teams life hell.....has left today whilst I wasent it work

AND

My visa is approved.....submitted14/08/2011

approved 14/10/2011

Im so excited im shaking!!! I actually cant belive it!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations, it must be such a great feeling and its a Friday so you can celebrate in style!!! :smile:

Our nomination application and fee was received on 14 Oct. I was going to put through our visa application tomorrow but was told by Dept of Immigration that we're too late and it should of been done with the Nomination application. Surely 5 days is not too late? Any advice?

Was told we'd have to wait 4 weeks until nomination was approved, then we could lodge our visa. I can't wait 4 weeks, our 1 year WHV is coming to an end :( HELP!

Guest WilliamsUK

Our visa was approved this morning!!!!!! After so long I can't quite believe it, think it's going to take a while to sink in. Got so much to do now it's quite daunting, looking at flights on November 17th so it looks like we will be spending Christmas on the beach after all. So so excited :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

06/09/2011 Application Received

18/10/2011 Applicant Approved

Good luck to everryone still waiting.

Rachel

Guest TCASAlert
Our nomination application and fee was received on 14 Oct. I was going to put through our visa application tomorrow but was told by Dept of Immigration that we're too late and it should of been done with the Nomination application. Surely 5 days is not too late? Any advice?

Was told we'd have to wait 4 weeks until nomination was approved, then we could lodge our visa. I can't wait 4 weeks, our 1 year WHV is coming to an end :( HELP!

We put ours in 5 days after the nomination went in.

You don't have to wait for the nomination to be approved before you put your application in, but some people do so I can't see a problem with waiting.

And don't worry about losing the money if anything happens with the nomination - if you put the application in and the nomination is refused, you will be advised 28 days before any action happens and you get the chance to either ask them to tie it to a new, resubmitted nomination, or withdraw and get a refund.

Good luck :biggrin:

Our visa was approved this morning!!!!!! After so long I can't quite believe it, think it's going to take a while to sink in. Got so much to do now it's quite daunting, looking at flights on November 17th so it looks like we will be spending Christmas on the beach after all. So so excited :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rachel

Congratulations WilliamsUK.

I'm so pleased for you. ours shouldn't be long now as I submitted proof of health insurance yesterday.

Rachel

Congratulations. :smile:

Andy228 for your sake I hope it does come though more quickly (are you using an agent?) but just a word of warning, I submitted mine 14/08/2011 and my sponsor had completed theire part of the application on 06/08/2011 so I had the nomination approved before end of Aug! But I didnt get my visa untill 14/10/2011

I cant wait to go so good luck! :biggrin:

We just got our 457 approved!!! All very excited now. Should be able to fly out in December, the day after the pets go. Can hardly believe it. It has suddenly all become very real. This calls for a smilie fest - :clown-smile::jiggy::laugh::smile::jiggy::animal-dog::animal-cat:

Guest WilliamsUK
We just got our 457 approved!!! All very excited now. Should be able to fly out in December, the day after the pets go. Can hardly believe it. It has suddenly all become very real. This calls for a smilie fest - :clown-smile::jiggy::laugh::smile::jiggy::animal-dog::animal-cat:

Congratulations.....loving the smilie fest!

Andy228 for your sake I hope it does come though more quickly (are you using an agent?) but just a word of warning, I submitted mine 14/08/2011 and my sponsor had completed theire part of the application on 06/08/2011 so I had the nomination approved before end of Aug! But I didnt get my visa untill 14/10/2011

I cant wait to go so good luck! :biggrin:

Everythings been through the new work, then onto the Visa Executive, handed all my documents in which she requested including temp travel insurance, got all that done 2 weeks ago, been told it should only take 3 weeks from submitting to approval so just waiting on that e-mail now!

Guest koloks31

our 457 application lodge togetrher with my sponsor nomination last aug and they received it aug 31..haven't hard any since..................how long will it take???????????????fingers crossed always~~~

our 457 application lodge togetrher with my sponsor nomination last aug and they received it aug 31..haven't hard any since..................how long will it take???????????????fingers crossed always~~~

That's an awfully long time. You should ask your employer to follow up with immigration.

Guest koloks31

i'd already did....my employer told me to think positive thoughts always...we're expecting good news till next week...thanks!!!

Emailed CO this morning to let him know I'd supplied proof of health insurance.

10 mins later I got an email from CO telling me our visas have been granted!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now the real panic begins as my sponsor wants us over their ASAP!

Guest WilliamsUK

10 mins later I got an email from CO telling me our visas have been granted!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you, it's a great feeling isn't it? Mind you I think reality kicked in about 3 o'clock this morning when I couldn't stop thinking about everything we need to do before we go in 4 weeks! Next on the list is booking flights and I hate flying! :smile:

Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you, it's a great feeling isn't it? Mind you I think reality kicked in about 3 o'clock this morning when I couldn't stop thinking about everything we need to do before we go in 4 weeks! Next on the list is booking flights and I hate flying! :smile:

Thanks williamsUK. Today is tinged with sadness for us as we have said goodbye to our cats :cry:

Who you flying with?

Did you know you can get 40kg allowance with Quantas if your on a 457 visa?

Guest steggy2

If not flying with quantas, then extra bag is allowed at very reasonablecost. husband just done this with no prebooking required.....40 euros from Lux- Oz. I'll follow later when house move organised

Steggy2

Guest WilliamsUK
Thanks williamsUK. Today is tinged with sadness for us as we have said goodbye to our cats :cry:

Who you flying with?

Did you know you can get 40kg allowance with Quantas if your on a 457 visa?

Thanks for the info, we've been looking at Singapore Airlines and if you let them know your on a 457 they let you have 30kg, will have a look at Quantas.

Sorry to hear about your cats, we had a Labrador we were planning on taking with us but he fell ill in May and had to be put to sleep, so sad :cry:

Congratulations Ben and Kelly!!! :jiggy: Incredibly exciting. Any idea when 'ASAP' will be? Sorry that you have to leave yor pets behind - that will be a really hard goodbye. Good luck with the organising.

Archived