457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nikola27

Thought I'd add our time frame...457 application lodged 19th Aug, then needed chest xrays as lived in Mexico, then granted a week later so the 26th Aug!Hoorah!! No police checks, medicals etc required! We are flying to Melbourne 3rd Oct.

Congratulations lynne 1266!! We are putting in our application in next couple of weeks, just waiting on passports to arrive (had to send them off for renewal) then can finally get forms etc sent off and then wait some more!! When do you go?

Well we were planning on 19th Sept as flights to Melbourne are cheaper then, but..... we had an email from the employer and they have asked if we would go to Perth instead so I noeed to chek out the flights for Perth now !! hopefully around the 17th !

Well we were planning on 19th Sept as flights to Melbourne are cheaper then, but..... we had an email from the employer and they have asked if we would go to Perth instead so I noeed to chek out the flights for Perth now !! hopefully around the 17th !

Ooh talk about throw you off balance, but still exciting though!! We are going to Perth too (fingers crossed)! Hope it all goes well for you :biggrin:

Guest JustTom
Thought I'd add our time frame...457 application lodged 19th Aug, then needed chest xrays as lived in Mexico, then granted a week later so the 26th Aug!Hoorah!! No police checks, medicals etc required! We are flying to Melbourne 3rd Oct.

That's quick,I wish mine would just hurry up and get here,are you going over with any family?All the best with your move!!!

Guest nikola27

Yes, the visa was for my husband, baby and myself!Really impressed with how quick we got it! Organising relocation now and preparing for an Ozzie Summer!

Guest JustTom
Yes, the visa was for my husband, baby and myself!Really impressed with how quick we got it! Organising relocation now and preparing for an Ozzie Summer!

Can I ask what office your papers got sent to?.I only dream of being in Oz for their summer,as here in Ireland we didn't get much sun/heat.

Guest Podfox

Hi there - thought I'd mention our experience. Visa lodged 24/08/11, noticed this morning application had been changed to 'progressed further'. On a whim checked 15 minutes ago to see it had now been approved! Utterly delighted!

Guest jemandrich

Well done to those who have got there visas! I'm still waiting. Its taking ages now feels like it anyway! Got to stay positive that our time will come soon!!??

Woohoooooo, just logged on and......visa granted !!!!!!!

Dear Lynne

So glad to see you have got your visa, you must be very organised to be able to go that soon!

All the best

Sarah:wubclub:

Hi everyone. Job offer in Jan 2011, visa lodged in June 2011, medicals done in June 2011, high blood pressure (not surprised lol), GP assessments took 2 months grrrr, medicals sent off yesterday, now just waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello every one i came to Australia on student visa and finished my diploma in multimedia and I am working with a recycling company and the company wants to sponsor me. How can get sponsored? Can anyone help me that i can do it with 457? Or what are the possibilities of some get sponsored to work in Australia?

How do you track your application online? DH's employer is organising ours via an agent and we have no info other than what they tell us. Would love to be able to track it ourselves...

Your employer/agent should provide you with the TRN. Once you have that you go to the immi.gov.au site and go to the track progress page; enter the TRN, DOB and Passport number. :-)

Guest SteNRach

Hi all and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all who have received their visa. To those still waiting (patiently LOL!!!) hopefully it won't be much longer. Our visa application was received 9th August and so far everytime I have looked it just states "processing commenced". It becomes a daily routine to check our status and feels like we're in limbo, I'm sure this sounds very familiar! Positive thinking and good things come to those who wait and all that!

Guest Emski99

HI All,

My nomination and visa went in on the 25th May and has been further processed on 30th June! I still havent heard anything! ARGH Why is it taking so long? Does any one know? My application has gone to the Sydney office!

Visa approved!

Timeline was:

30/08/11 - Application Processing commenced

30/08/11 - Application fee received

06/08/11 - Being processed further (noticed at 3am this morning when I woke up for a bit_=)

06/08/11 - Applicant Approved (6:15am when I was getting up ready for work)

Melbourne here we come!!!! :yellow_guy_smiling_

Visa approved!

Timeline was:

30/08/11 - Application Processing commenced

30/08/11 - Application fee received

06/09/11 - Being processed further (noticed at 3am this morning when I woke up for a bit_=)

06/09/11 - Applicant Approved (6:15am when I was getting up ready for work)

Melbourne here we come!!!! :yellow_guy_smiling_

Dates changed to make sense! All this excitement is too much :biggrin:

Guest SteNRach
Dates changed to make sense! All this excitement is too much :biggrin:

LOL Chris it is VERY EXCITING!!! CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin:

Our timeline:

09/08/2011 Application received and processing commenced

01/09/2011 Being processed further

06/09/2011 6:45am Applicant APPROVED!!!!

Let the busy times begin! On our way to Bunbury :yellow_guy_smiling_

Archived