457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmahood

Have I got news for you .......

Got Visa today!!!!!!

This has been an epic journey of cock ups and unnecessary delays using a migration agent. In the end I took over and dealt with the issues myself by contacting DIAC direct. In total from the time the actual application was submitted has been 8 weeks but for us it feels longer and here is why:

12th April offered job with proposed start date of 6th June

5th May - received email from migration agent advising that application had been submitted to DIAC along with all supporting documentation

2nd June - received an email from migration agent explaining that there is a delay due to influx of applications but expect visa this week.

17th June - date migration agent actually submitted application

8th July - Contacted DIAC myself to see what delays was - found out visa application only submitted on above date

1st July - migration agent submitted supporting documentation - but didn't send medical insurance details. Also received information from Immigration asking for statement regarding daughter who had just turned 18 that she is financially dependent on me

4th August - migration agent emailed to advise immigration asking for signed statutory declaration regarding daughter

8th August - after 4 phone calls to employer from me to chase, finally got statutory declaration (didn't need a lawyer to draft this all immigration wanted was a statement from me which would have taken 5 minutes to put together)

9th August - migration lawyer sent statutory declaration

11th August - I sat up until 1.30am to contact CO directly, who advised all they were still waiting for medical insurance! E-mailed it to her directly

12th August - logged on to DIAC e-system - visa approved.

We are delighted but it was an uphill struggle!

I had an email from the CO at 12.21am !!! asking for references (which the agent we were originally going to use said we definitely DID NOT need), completed form 80 and resend the CV as they couldn't open it !! They also asked for a correct contract as the salary on the nomination was different to the amount on the contract.

I sat up until 4.45 trying to get things sorted, phoned OZ at 2am and spent the rest of the time filling out the form 80...OMG.....my head is puggled :goofy: !!!!...still haven't finished it...lol.

It really doesn't help that my OH is working away and I can't contact him to get contact names for ref's !!

Do the ref's need to have the dates my OH worked for the company or just a general ref. stating tasks and responsibilities ??, also if the company is no longer trading can we get a letter from the owner of the company as a reference ????

So many question's ...!!!!

Lynne

Guest jmahood

Lynne with regard to references if the company is closed and if you know the owner then you should approach for references, but I would have thought that they only need reference from current employer.

Guest geepsica

Got Visa today!!!!!!

Finallyyy... congrats!!! It sounds like it's been a really long struggle for you. I don't understand how migration agents can be so careless sometimes, once they get paid they act as if their job's done. I recently learned the hard way that even if you have an agent, you have to be on their case the whole time so they don't slip up.

Anyway, hearing about other people getting their visas gives me hope.

Enjoy your time in Aussie :smile:

Lynne with regard to references if the company is closed and if you know the owner then you should approach for references, but I would have thought that they only need reference from current employer.

He has said that he will give us one but the CO has said in the email it has to be on headed paper and also it say's please forward "references" so I think we need to go back further.

So stressed.....:arghh:

Guest geepsica
HI all, just to add our timeline to the list. We are heading for Queensland, Mackay.

So far visa lodged on 15 July....and waiting very patiently now

Kate x

Hey Kate,

Where's your sponsor company located?

I've had my app in since 12 July (Nomination/Sponsorship pre-approved) and I'm still waiting for a CO to be assigned.. how about you?

Hey Kate,

Where's your sponsor company located?

I've had my app in since 12 July (Nomination/Sponsorship pre-approved) and I'm still waiting for a CO to be assigned.. how about you?

Sponsor company are located in Mackay - hastings deering. We dont know about what stage it is at as the recruitment company are handling it all so we dont have a REF NUM (if you get such a thing) or anything to check on the progress. I was thinking 4 weeks at the latest to hear but I know I should be paient as there are people waiting a lot longer than that! :-)

Got Visa today!!!!!!

Well done you!

Fingers crossed we won't be too much longer

Sarah:twitcy:

Got the best news ever today!! My visa has finally been approved after nearly 10 weeks!!

So happy!!!

Congratulations to you to too Carol!

Sarah

Guest asadns
APPLICANT APPROVED since this morning. Wooop Woop!!!! can't believe it, still feel amazingly shocked and soooooooo relieved.

See you in Sydney people!!!

Hey Congrats. I too applied 457 on 7.7.11. When was your nomination approved? mine was approved 30.7.11 and 457 application being processed further on same date.

Guest geepsica
Sponsor company are located in Mackay - hastings deering. We dont know about what stage it is at as the recruitment company are handling it all so we dont have a REF NUM (if you get such a thing) or anything to check on the progress. I was thinking 4 weeks at the latest to hear but I know I should be paient as there are people waiting a lot longer than that! :-)

In my opinion you should ask your agents for the TRN number. Then you may go to this page https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Using that page you'll be able to login and view your 457 status.

If you trust your migration agents then just ignore me. But I know from being burnt before that the person with your best interests at heart is yourself - I think it's best to keep an eye on the progress of your application yourself and let the agents do their job communicating with the case officer and submitting requested documents etc. But at least the online system will give you transparency so that you know your agents aren't slacking off (you'd be surprised how often this happens!!).

Anyway, I rang immigration today asking when I'd get a CO assigned and they said it should take 4-5 business weeks from the date of submission. They didn't tell me of any general delays across the board so both our applications should get some contact by the end of this week.

*crossing fingers*

In my opinion you should ask your agents for the TRN number. Then you may go to this page https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Using that page you'll be able to login and view your 457 status.

If you trust your migration agents then just ignore me. But I know from being burnt before that the person with your best interests at heart is yourself - I think it's best to keep an eye on the progress of your application yourself and let the agents do their job communicating with the case officer and submitting requested documents etc. But at least the online system will give you transparency so that you know your agents aren't slacking off (you'd be surprised how often this happens!!).

Anyway, I rang immigration today asking when I'd get a CO assigned and they said it should take 4-5 business weeks from the date of submission. They didn't tell me of any general delays across the board so both our applications should get some contact by the end of this week.

*crossing fingers*

Yeah lets hope so, fingers crossed for us both! Totally living in limbo!:eek:

Will post soon to let u all know if we've heard, will check how all are getting on xx :cute:

Guest TOM9981

The times for VISA approvals seem to vary WILDLY! I have been mostly lurking but my visa was approved in 5 days, my company used an agent, very quick as I was told 4-6 weeks.

Crazy, almost as crazy as having to be out in Aus by the 19th September. :err:

Here's my timeline to date !!

22nd July Application lodged (before the nomination was approved)

22nd July Application being processed

9th August Nomination approved

12th August Further information requested

15th August Information sent

I've had problems getting hold of references, a lot of the companies are no longer trading and others have said they dont give personal references, they fill out form sent by new employers.

I managed to get 2 but they wouldn't give detailed ones as they came from HR depts and they dont really know what tasks and responsibilities were involded in his job !

I've sent everything via email to the CO on Mon but not heard anything, I've sent another email to ask if they need any others but again no reply.

I've also uploaded them on to the application on the Immigration site just in case there was a problem.

I'm really worried now that there may be a problem and we might get it refused because we can't get enough ref's !!!

Archived