457 processing times

Lexi

I got the good news today... VISA APPROVED!!!!!:yellow_guy_smiling_

It's taken about 6weeks - it could have been much shorter than that but my agent's slacked off, and my case officer was on sick leave (just my luck).

My advice to anyone waiting to hear something - chase it up yourself!!!

My agents never called immigration regardless of how many times I inquired. After 3 weeks I'd had enough - I got my TRN looked online and saw I was supposed to have done my X-rays on the day my application went in - but guess what my agents never told me. They didn't even know I had a case officer.

So I called immigration every single day for the whole of last week until I finally got my case officer's contact details. Even then my agents still did nothing but email her, even though I gave them the direct phone number. So today I spoke to the case officer myself and by the end of the day my visa was granted :)

Soooo I suggest taking matters into your own hands!

Well Done! and many Congratulations, its a great feeling

Sarah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the good news today... VISA APPROVED!!!!!:yellow_guy_smiling_

It's taken about 6weeks - it could have been much shorter than that but my agent's slacked off, and my case officer was on sick leave (just my luck).

My advice to anyone waiting to hear something - chase it up yourself!!!

My agents never called immigration regardless of how many times I inquired. After 3 weeks I'd had enough - I got my TRN looked online and saw I was supposed to have done my X-rays on the day my application went in - but guess what my agents never told me. They didn't even know I had a case officer.

So I called immigration every single day for the whole of last week until I finally got my case officer's contact details. Even then my agents still did nothing but email her, even though I gave them the direct phone number. So today I spoke to the case officer myself and by the end of the day my visa was granted :)

Soooo I suggest taking matters into your own hands!

CONGRATULATIONS :v_SPIN:

I hope to be in your position VERY soon !!!!!:yes:

Lynne x

Guest geepsica

Thanks guys. Yes it is an awesome feeling.

Lynne, you will be getting yours soon just don't give up hope and make sure you've done everything you can.

There's an English proverb which I kept on reciting to myself everyday -

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday" :-)

Guest dubsydney

CANT SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!!!SO THIS MORNING I RIGHT

AWAY OPEN MY LAPTOP AND CHECK MY STATUS!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT?VISA APPROVED!!!!!23/8/2011

AM I DREAMING??OF COURSE NOT.....SO HAPPY TODAY:biggrin::biggrin::

I lodged my 457 visa last 8/8/2011.

To those who are waiting ...keep the faith and

be patient you will soon have your time!!!!!

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::

Guest dubsydney
Thanks guys. Yes it is an awesome feeling.

Lynne, you will be getting yours soon just don't give up hope and make sure you've done everything you can.

There's an English proverb which I kept on reciting to myself everyday -

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday" :-)

Hi GEEPSICA,

Congratulation!!!! I HAVE MY VISA APPROVED TODAY 23/8/2011 AS WELL...:wink::wink:

Guest geepsica
Hi GEEPSICA,

Congratulation!!!! I HAVE MY VISA APPROVED TODAY 23/8/2011 AS WELL...:wink::wink:

Thanks dubsydney. Congrats to you too :biggrin: .. only 2 weeks for you to get it - that's amazing!

When are you leaving for Aussie? I'm leaving in 5 days - wasting no time :biglaugh:

Guest geepsica
I know how you feel Asadns. Im kind of in the same boat than you. My application status says application beeing processed further since 27/07. Hoping to get the good news soon.

England84,

for me this status meant I was assigned a case officer, but I hear it doesn't not always mean that. If you haven't received an email from your case officer I would suggest calling immigration, asking for the number to the processing centre where your visa is being handled, then once you call the processing centre ask them for the contact details of your CO. I know the number for the Sydney CBD processing centre is 02 8861 4305 (and 02 8861 4306).

Hopefully you'll get some piece of mind from speaking directly to your CO over the phone.

Got ours this morning! A nice birthday present for my other half!

Our agents submitted the application on 04/08/2011 so taken just under 3 weeks, but we didn't have to have chest x-rays or anything (maybe because we've had them done before for a previous application??)

Now just waiting for approval to take the motorbike over...

Guest skipling

Hi all.

Congrats to those who have their visa!

Question: any ideas how long it takes for the employer nomination to be processed?

Thanks

Suzie

Our agents submitted the application on 04/08/2011 so taken just under 3 weeks, but we didn't have to have chest x-rays or anything (maybe because we've had them done before for a previous application??)

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

I'm so jealous...I'm getting worried now that there may be a problem with ours and it will be refused :sad:...I hope i'm just worrying for no reason !!

Lynne x

We got ours for our daughters birthday! - they must like giving out Visa's as presssies!!!

Sarah

Guest skipling
We got ours for our daughters birthday! - they must like giving out Visa's as presssies!!!

Sarah

LOL lucky bunch!

It was my birthday yesterday... a visa would be the best present ever.

The company that wants to employ me are frequent sponsors but it's their first time sponsoring someone in computing. Waiting for the normination to go through and hoping it does. Not sure how long it will take, but seems from my last question could be around 4 weeks. :eek:

Guest asadns
Hi all.

Congrats to those who have their visa!

Question: any ideas how long it takes for the employer nomination to be processed?

Thanks

Suzie

In my case submitted on 7.7.11 and approved on 30.7.11.

Hope this helps....

Guest skipling
In my case submitted on 7.7.11 and approved on 30.7.11.

Hope this helps....

Thanks! Thats supa-quick!

I'm guessing the nomination was approved first. Do you know how long the nomination too to process?

I'm waiting for the nomination to go through and keeping my fingers crossed. If it does, then I have to figure out what to do next and what to include.

Guest tiramisu00

Hi,

I’m on WHV and got a permanent job in Brisbane. I understand that there are 3 steps to complete to apply for the Work Visa. The first step my company need to apply to be a sponsor, the second step is my company to apply as nominate me, and the third step I need to fill up the application form for employee.

My company applied for my Work Visa on 14th July ’11, and the first step got approved on 3rd Aug ’11. Now waiting for second step for approval (not sure how long it will take). Once the second step approve, then only I can proceed with third step. Now is almost my fourth month working with my company, and my application still not complete. Is that mean I have to resign from my current company if I still haven’t got my Work Visa? Or is there any way I can continue to work with my company?

Any idea how long it will take to approve the second step, and to get my Work Visa once I complete the third steps?

Thanks,

Jo :frown:

Tiramisu, you can lodge your application anytime after the nomination has been submitted, you don't have to wait until the nomination is approved, you just need the reference number of the nomination application so DIAC can match up the application.

I'm assuming you're not going through an agent?

Once you've lodged your application for the 457, you can apply to have the 6month restriction lifted. See the last section of this page http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/obligations.htm

You need to send the form in a couple of weeks before your 6months is up to give them time to process it before you hit 6 months.

Horray got my visa today.

Applied for Job last Nov

Registered with AHPRA March,

Interview 29 April,

Offered job.

Submitted 457 Application 15 July

Had medicals following week

Medicals approved 6/8/11

Futher Processing 8/8/11

Applicant approved 26/8/11

Going to hand my notice in tomorrow - having a 2 year career break.

Then hope to be in Cairns end of October.

Oh my goodness so much to do now.

Liz

Guest JustTom

Hi all, Am new to this forum,myself hubby and son (10) are going through the process of applying for a 457 visa.The application got lodged on the 25th of this month,just wondering if anybody knew of the timeline for these visa's to be approved? Started this process back in April,OH is self employed so it took a bit to get all the paperwork together hence why it's seems like it taking forever.

Any info on other people's timelines is greatly appreciated.

Archived